Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 recall thread (merged threads) - Y78 Jan 2022 recall campaign - Parts Available May 10 for 2020 trucks only

blbrown

Reaction score
Day 3 of HPFP replacement from my sorry dealership. I now confident this dealer sucks and is the lamest in the nation.
At least it appears your getting the new pump! My dealer had my truck for two days, "AutoNation Bellevue WA" and then told me to pick up, no new fuel pump. I was told required tools were not available! When I went in the service person appeared noticeably unhappy with me, he made the comment that it cost him $1000.00, I'm guessing my negative review cost him a best service staff bonus.

cummins2020

Reaction score
At least it appears your getting the new pump! My dealer had my truck for two days, "AutoNation Bellevue WA" and then told me to pick up, no new fuel pump. I was told required tools were not available! When I went in the service person appeared noticeably unhappy with me, he made the comment that it cost him $1000.00, I'm guessing my negative review cost him a best service staff bonus.
Not on you!!! Dealership needs to get their act together!!!

KiowaWarrior RAM

Reaction score
Thank you for the positive comment & I’m sorry your getting nowhere with your dealer. But I can guarantee a negative review in the future

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I just talked to my SA, I'm told there is no fix for the 2019, unless you lose the pump, then they'll figure out how to get it done. (which is BS) Get this, I was told the 2019's don't fail. :confused:

I was there to check on the cost for ASRC Transmission fluid, and was quoted $31.00 a quart. Needless to say I didn't buy from them.

exiledinaz

Reaction score
I just talked to my SA, I'm told there is no fix for the 2019, unless you lose the pump, then they'll figure out how to get it done. (which is BS) Get this, I was told the 2019's don't fail. :confused:

I was there to check on the cost for ASRC Transmission fluid, and was quoted $31.00 a quart. Needless to say I didn't buy from them.
My SA said the reason 2019 were second was each pump has to be approved for EPA etc and each vehicle is different as transmissions, HP, TRQ, axle ratios etc. No sense but what does make sense anymore?

John Jensen

Reaction score
My SA said the reason 2019 were second was each pump has to be approved for EPA etc and each vehicle is different as transmissions, HP, TRQ, axle ratios etc. No sense but what does make sense anymore?
I would find another dealer. That's all BS, there are dealers completing 2019s with the same 2020 pump and software. Yes, they have been told to not do 2019s until further notice but some have ignored that edict. And this is not heresay.

Randyhut

Reaction score
I would find another dealer. That's all BS, there are dealers completing 2019s with the same 2020 pump and software. Yes, they have been told to not do 2019s until further notice but some have ignored that edict. And this is not heresay.
I am not so sure you are correct, the 2019 ho models have been included, others seem to be by need, like mine was.

Randyhut

Reaction score
The 2019s are a case by case basis, is what I am saying. There was an update to do the ho models and the 2020s until Sept timeframe

Reactions: RAM

John Jensen

Reaction score
The 2019s are a case by case basis, is what I am saying. There was an update to do the ho models and the 2020s until Sept timeframe
I missed that update. Could you send a copy?
They did have an update that said for the 2019s, "A remedy is not available"

I know for a fact that there are and have been 2019s completed that were not on a case-by-case basis. They were done because the dealer decided to do them, regardless. And they got paid by FCA or whomever for completing the work.

Let's get back to my #328 post, it was to say the posted SA reasons for not doing 2019s is BS, and I still say that.

Randyhut

Reaction score
I missed that update. Could you send a copy?
They did have an update that said for the 2019s, "A remedy is not available"

I know for a fact that there are and have been 2019s completed that were not on a case-by-case basis. They were done because the dealer decided to do them, regardless. And they got paid by FCA or whomever for completing the work.

Let's get back to my #328 post, it was to say the posted SA reasons for not doing 2019s is BS, and I still say that.
John,
The June Update to the tsb that listed some other Recalls that needed to be done first, I think FCA is pushing for the dealers to do only trucks that require it at this time. That's my take and maybe why that dealer is saying what he is saying. There is also a doc. that says something about the pump could be damaged if the W03 or one of the other recalls was done prior to the y78.
I could be wrong, but it seems some are having issues getting the 2019's done at this time. Mine was done- BUT it was and still is having an issue with missing, they couldn't find any casue for the missing so they went ahead and completed the whole recall including a new tank assembly.

1658378817349.png

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
John,
The June Update to the tsb that listed some other Recalls that needed to be done first, I think FCA is pushing for the dealers to do only trucks that require it at this time. That's my take and maybe why that dealer is saying what he is saying. There is also a doc. that says something about the pump could be damaged if the W03 or one of the other recalls was done prior to the y78.
I could be wrong, but it seems some are having issues getting the 2019's done at this time. Mine was done- BUT it was and still is having an issue with missing, they couldn't find any casue for the missing so they went ahead and completed the whole recall including a new tank assembly.

View attachment 41451
1658383916141.png

As previously discussed, there have been reports of bricked PCM so it's believed (assumed by some, self included) the PCM with later software is having trouble flashing.

Where is there a "doc about damaged pumps related to prior recalls?" Which pump? The existing CP4 or a new CP3?

Randyhut

Reaction score
View attachment 41453

As previously discussed, there have been reports of bricked PCM so it's believed (assumed by some, self included) the PCM with later software is having trouble flashing.

Where is there a "doc about damaged pumps related to prior recalls?" Which pump? The existing CP4 or a new CP3?
Hope i haven't ruffled any feathers! Just think that calling BS on a dealer that refuses a 2019 right now is not correct, it's what FCA is telling them to do right now, in MY opinion. I think it would be for the CP4 pump since it specifies that the Y78 hasn't been done, but again i could be wrong. And yet again this seems to be a case by case issue on the 2019s.
1658403471110.png

John Jensen

Reaction score
John,

View attachment 41451
Thanks.
That's the same data I have. Still don't see anything about HOs vs SOs.

Reactions: RAM

steve49

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything either on HO or SO, so with that my 19 has had all those updates that may apply done prior to the Y78, so I'm on hold till a newer software update is developed and tested. Hopefully it'll be resolved by September as stated here! So, if your 19 hasn't had any of the above-mentioned recalls done, your good to get the replacement pump now. If you've had those recalls done prior to the Y78, you're on hold till they have a newer software upgrade!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything either on HO or SO, so with that my 19 has had all those updates that may apply done prior to the Y78, so I'm on hold till a newer software update is developed and tested. Hopefully it'll be resolved by September as stated here! So, if your 19 hasn't had any of the above-mentioned recalls done, your good to get the replacement pump now. If you've had those recalls done prior to the Y78, you're on hold till they have a newer software upgrade!
Looks like you just need one of them not done as i read it not all of them. But funny enough when i check on the mopar site i see recalls say done that i know were not done

Randyhut

Reaction score
1658417711564.png

Which further backs my statement (it's a case by case case) situation. My truck has those updates done in Jan and April, and as i indicated was\is missing and bucking since Jan. 2022. They replaced my HPFP, tank,injectors ,lines & filters two weeks ago now, and truck is back at dealer for further evaluation and hopefully repair.

I done with this - will report back once they figure out my issue

John Jensen

Reaction score
Hope i haven't ruffled any feathers! Just think that calling BS on a dealer that refuses a 2019 right now is not correct, it's what FCA is telling them to do right now, in MY opinion. I think it would be for the CP4 pump since it specifies that the Y78 hasn't been done, but again i could be wrong. And yet again this seems to be a case by case issue on the 2019s.
If your comment, "calling BS on a dealer that refuses a 2019 right now is not correct" is referring to my comments you misread my post because I did not say that. I said, "the posted SA reasons for not doing 2019s is BS." Big difference between dealer refuses and SA reasons!

Users who are viewing this thread