Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calibrated Power tune 2020 2500 cummins

MtnRider

Reaction score
Is this something you remove or revert back before dealer maintenance etc?

Yes..... and No. Yes you can remove the tune and go back to stock. But, if you think you are going to hide the fact that it was tuned in the event of a warranty issue they will find out if they look, and they will if it's a engine/transmission related issue.

Rgpracer

Reaction score
Been running the Calibrated Power tunes on my truck for about 3k miles. The tunes are great and I highly recommend it. I keep mine in the sport tune with elevated shifts points. Makes the truck a joy to drive and it's always in the right gear. Will be pulling my 5th on the 1st of January and will post on how the heavy tow tune works. My truck is a 2020 tradesman 2500 Cummins.
Ok, rhis is awesome, but, in all the info.....what is the name of the lroduct? Cummins EZ Link?

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ok, rhis is awesome, but, in all the info.....what is the name of the lroduct? Cummins EZ Link?
That was pretty well answered on page 1. There is no specific name as it's a concept. To summarise:
Ez-Lynk is a device used to place and manage tunes on the truck. Calibrated Power's Duramax.com designs and supplies the tunes. There are several tuners using the Ez-Lynk device to distribute their tunes.

Rgpracer

Reaction score
That was pretty well answered on page 1. There is no specific name as it's a concept. To summarise:
Ez-Lynk is a device used to place and manage tunes on the truck. Calibrated Power's Duramax.com designs and supplies the tunes. There are several tuners using the Ez-Lynk device to distribute their tunes.
Sorry and thanks

RV_Goose

Reaction score
On sport mode if you keep your foot out of it, I was averaging 19mpg. If I stayed at 70mph on the interstate I saw 21.5 to 22. That's on flat ground in south Louisiana. The tow tune actually had cooler egts pulling my 5th wheel than when stock by around 10 to 15 degrees. My 5th wheel is around 15k pounds loaded and is 13'6" tall. Just to give you an idea.

What was your MPG towing the 5th wheel? I am more interested in better mileage than performance.

woodrow

Reaction score
What was your MPG towing the 5th wheel? I am more interested in better mileage than performance.
I'll be pulling my 5th wheel in the next week or so and will let you know. Sorry for the delay response. I didn't update my email info.

Rich2135

Reaction score
So John, is this a plug in OBDII flash and how do you move between the 4 setting options as well as reflash back to stock. Will the dealership see that you have flashed your system does it not leave any trace indicating to them I've been tuning my rig. Do you leave the tuner plugged in all the time? Sorry to run on but I had an edge product in my 03 5.9 that installed in less than 10 minutes and came out very easy as well, when you removed it there was no trace that it was ever plugged in, I liked that as I am living a California resident.

John Jensen

Reaction score
For 2019-2021 Cummins you change tunes or back to stock using the Ez-Lynk tuner. It takes about five minutes.
They are working on the ability to switch on the fly like the prior to 2019 trucks.
I have no idea what the dealership can detect.
I only plug the tuner in to change tunes or back to stock.
You can find more info at durmaxtuner.com

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
For 2019-2021 Cummins you change tunes or back to stock using the Ez-Lynk tuner. It takes about five minutes.
They are working on the ability to switch on the fly like the propr to 2019 trucks.
I have no idea what the dealership can detect only plug the tuner in to change tunes or back to stock.
You can find more info at durmaxtuner.com

I wouldn't count on EZLynk doing much more business if the DOJ/EPA gets their hooks into them.

https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/epa-targeting-ez-lynk.4386/

The dealer can detect the flash tune.

The Edge did a man-in-the-middle on the OBD to keep the truck in diag mode to "inject" their tune parms.

TXsportDiver

Reaction score
I enjoy that my truck doesn't belch black smoke, but, I'd love to go a bit faster on demand. So, I'm curious about the non-delete tune options out there. Based on this thread and others, it seems duramaxtuner.com may know what they're doing. But, I have a couple of questions.

1. Looking at the Cummins EZ Lynk Tuning page at duramaxtuner.com, they indicate a CME Bypass cable is needed for 2018+ trucks. Would the KAOdTech cable (for AlfaOBD) function the same?

2. I don't expect to update tunes much. But, it would be nice to be able to change between the profiles. Is it possible to rent/borrow an EZ Lynk device to install the tune and then leave it alone? Or is it that you need the device to change profiles?

John Jensen

Reaction score
I enjoy that my truck doesn't belch black smoke, but, I'd love to go a bit faster on demand. So, I'm curious about the non-delete tune options out there. Based on this thread and others, it seems duramaxtuner.com may know what they're doing. But, I have a couple of questions.

1. Looking at the Cummins EZ Lynk Tuning page at duramaxtuner.com, they indicate a CME Bypass cable is needed for 2018+ trucks. Would the KAOdTech cable (for AlfaOBD) function the same?

2. I don't expect to update tunes much. But, it would be nice to be able to change between the profiles. Is it possible to rent/borrow an EZ Lynk device to install the tune and then leave it alone? Or is it that you need the device to change profiles?
Q 1 - You probably could use the KAOdtech bypass cable. I was going to use mine but duramaxtuner talked me into buying theirs. I'm glad they did because their bypass cable plugs into the EZ-Lynk cable and the EZ-Lynk plugs into the OBDE. It's IMO a better system and assures you of compatibility.

Q 2 - The EZ-Lynk & tunes are married to your VIN. Your tunes would not be accessible with a borrowed EZ-Lynk. Yes, you need the EZ-Lynk to change tunes including changing back to stock.

TXsportDiver

Reaction score
Q 1 - You probably could use the KAOdtech bypass cable. I was going to use mine but duramaxtuner talked me into buying theirs. I'm glad they did because their bypass cable plugs into the EZ-Lynk cable and the EZ-Lynk plugs into the OBDE. It's IMO a better system and assures you of compatibility.

Q 2 - The EZ-Lynk & tunes are married to your VIN. Your tunes would not be accessible with a borrowed EZ-Lynk. Yes, you need the EZ-Lynk to change tunes including changing back to stock.
Thanks, John. I appreciate your insight.

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
I submitted my order today for the EZ Lynk, bypass cable and intact tunes (of course!) from CalibratedPower. They were helpful in answering a few questions before I submitted my order. I'll post back in this thread once product received and as I upload tune to the truck and drive etc.

Thank you to John for also replying to some of my questions about his experiences.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I submitted my order today for the EZ Lynk, bypass cable and intact tunes (of course!) from CalibratedPower. They were helpful in answering a few questions before I submitted my order. I'll post back in this thread once product received and as I upload tune to the truck and drive etc.

Thank you to John for also replying to some of my questions about his experiences.
Good for you. You'll be glad you did. Yes, keep us informed.
More than happy to help, ask anytime.

gimmie11s

Reaction score

Exciting.... ill be interested to hear your opinions on this.

pat s

Reaction score
John, I'm assuming from your signature line you are using this on your 3500. I also have a 3500 HO with the Aisin, are their tunes specific to this engine and tranny? I'm about to pull the trigger and order one. Do you have any complaints about it at all? Thanks!

John Jensen

Reaction score
I'm assuming from your signature line you are using this on your 3500.
Yes

I also have a 3500 HO with the Aisin, are their tunes specific to this engine and tranny?
Yes, in our case 2019+ & Aisin. However, no one has a tune for the Aisin so it remains stock.
As far as I know, all the tuners are trying to develop an Aisin tune but no one has been successful yet.

I'm about to pull the trigger and order one.
Do it, you'll be pleased

Do you have any complaints about it at all?
None whatsoever
My brother has their tunes on his 2016 HO as well. We are both very pleased with their tunes and their service.
I have not read where anyone has been dissatisfied with CP

FYI - I normally make my answers in yellow but got a complaint they can't be read on a white theme.
Answers are right under your question

pat s

Reaction score
Thanks John, I just placed my order today. I'll report back once I receive it.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Has anybody from Kalifornia been able to order these? I would call but I hate getting laughed at LOL

Users who are viewing this thread