Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Florotory

Reaction score
There must be something else going on with your wheel. The hi/med/lo works on my 2500.
If you send me your current BCM system ID read, and your current backup file, I can tell you what to do to force it back to the original on/off setting.
I’ll send it tomorrow. It worked fine prior to changing the setting in AlfaOBD. It just got too hot which is why I wanted to enable the hi/med/low setting like my wife’s MY21 1500 longhorn has. Ever since I changed that it won’t stay on.

I believ that I can’t change it back due to one of the OE settings isn’t available in ALFAOBD unless that has changed in the past few months. I’ll look back at one of my responses in another post to see what it was.

Florotory

Reaction score
I’ll send it tomorrow. It worked fine prior to changing the setting in AlfaOBD. It just got too hot which is why I wanted to enable the hi/med/low setting like my wife’s MY21 1500 longhorn has. Ever since I changed that it won’t stay on.

I believ that I can’t change it back due to one of the OE settings isn’t available in ALFAOBD unless that has changed in the past few months. I’ll look back at one of my responses in another post to see what it was.
It was the “not defined” setting that I couldn’t change it back too due to it not being in the menu option.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
It was the “not defined” setting that I couldn’t change it back too due to it not being in the menu option.
Correct, the original setting is “not defined”, and still not in the list for AlfaOBD. If I have your logs, I can tell which values in the backup file to change and restore the BCM with.

Florotory

Reaction score
Correct, the original setting is “not defined”, and still not in the list for AlfaOBD. If I have your logs, I can tell which values in the backup file to change and restore the BCM with.
sent you PM.

R.J.

Reaction score
I have to take the truck in for service.

Can I leave the plugs for the bypass cables connected to the terminal blocks (Canbus) and disconnected from the OBD port or does the cable need to be totally disconnected?

20Limited3500

Reaction score
There must be something else going on with your wheel. The hi/med/lo works on my 2500.
If you send me your current BCM system ID read, and your current backup file, I can tell you what to do to force it back to the original on/off setting.
@Jimmy07 Is this something that can be changed on a 2020 Limited 3500 for the heated steering wheel? Would be nice to have different temps for that.

flan

Reaction score
I have to take the truck in for service.

Can I leave the plugs for the bypass cables connected to the terminal blocks (Canbus) and disconnected from the OBD port or does the cable need to be totally disconnected?
I never remove mine, I just tuck the adapter way up in the dash to prevent questioning by the service dept.

Ostracize

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 @g00fy thank you both for the help. CVPM recalibrated looks much better with the front camera alignment.
I tried to do them all individually first as mentioned but it was really fighting me so I tried "enforced calibration regardless of camera state" and it worked just fine. First success was alittle off....so I did it again and it's much better. Again thanks gents.

uplander

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully used Alfaobd on a 2024 2500? I just tried and could not get into the modules. I’ve got a bypass harness installed.

silverheep

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully used Alfaobd on a 2024 2500? I just tried and could not get into the modules. I’ve got a bypass harness installed.
Yes. I was able to switch to TPIS, set tire size, and disable fog dropouts with no issues on my 2024 Power Wagon. I did get a pop up saying something about module not being identified, I chalked that up to proceeding as if the truck were a 2023.

uplander

Reaction score
Yes. I was able to switch to TPIS, set tire size, and disable fog dropouts with no issues on my 2024 Power Wagon. I did get a pop up saying something about module not being identified, I chalked that up to proceeding as if the truck were a 2023.
That is the same thing I am getting... However, when trying to get into the Body Control Module, nothing will come up and I can not adjust any items. Sounds like you did get into the Body Module? Strange, I may have to reach out to them. Thank you!

R.Duff7

Reaction score
Anyone had issues restoring vehicle configuration from a back up?
Im getting - Failed. The ECU has detected that the request
contains parameter(s) with value(s) outside
allowable range.

Last resort can the dealer just restore the truck with witech?

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Anyone had issues restoring vehicle configuration from a back up?
Im getting - Failed. The ECU has detected that the request
contains parameter(s) with value(s) outside
allowable range.

Last resort can the dealer just restore the truck with witech?

That’s normal, because out of all of the bcm settings, there is one irrelevant one that alfaobd can’t identify and verify. The restore is actually working even though you get that message.

R.Duff7

Reaction score
That’s normal, because out of all of the bcm settings, there is one irrelevant one that alfaobd can’t identify and verify. The restore is actually working even though you get that message.
Thanks Jimmy, was freaking out a little.
Still whatever i did. I need to get the stealership to reprogram / do a transmissio quick learn.

Had the fleet HDs at work scan it, pitty they only have fords at work or they could sneak it in at lunch.

Stoopstn

Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy, was freaking out a little.
Still whatever i did. I need to get the stealership to reprogram / do a transmissio quick learn.

Had the fleet HDs at work scan it, pitty they only have fords at work or they could sneak it in at lunch.
What bypass cable is everyone buying these days for a '21 ram? Still the Kaodtech? Just picked up some led lights and mx+ and just need the cable now....

jleslie1234

Reaction score
I’ve got 2024 2500 Rebel. Can connect via Bluetooth but cannot get into any module or get any info on error codes etc.

AlfaODB on Android tablet and MX+ reader. Bought the Kaotech cable. It has a white and black connector for canbus. I have two green canbus blocks under dash. I have tried the white and black in each of the blocks and in different plugs. Can get it all to work.

Any suggestions? Do I have the wrong cable?

jleslie1234

Reaction score
I’ve got 2024 2500 Rebel. Can connect via Bluetooth but cannot get into any module or get any info on error codes etc.

AlfaODB on Android tablet and MX+ reader. Bought the Kaotech cable. It has a white and black connector for canbus. I have two green canbus blocks under dash. I have tried the white and black in each of the blocks and in different plugs. Cannot get it all to work.

Any suggestions? Do I have the wrong cable?

Attachments

• IMG_0039.jpeg
    IMG_0039.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 27

jleslie1234

Reaction score
Someone else’s picture, but was very helpful hooking mine up.
Man, I appreciate that. It’s the first pic I’ve seen with canbus colors, connectors and wire colors that match what I have in hand.

I’ll try again tomorrow, though I’m sure I had it plugged in this way at least once today :)
Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread