Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
This post...

Way back in this thread is what I'm going off of, which seems to show that it's indeed possible unless I'm misunderstanding something in context, but I can't find anything more which is why am asking.

That was dealing with the CHMSL and the center-line, not stitching of the surround view camera or camera alignment.

What exactly do you think changed?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
@Jimmy07... Or anyone else. I have a 2021 3500 Limited with leveling springs... Obviously once leveled the surround view front camera vs the LH/RH cameras are misaligned. I have a bypass cable (not installed yet) and a OBDLinkMX+. Not purchased alfaobd yet but no issues in doing so. Can I recalibrate the surround view cams to be accurate with leveled front? If so, how? Appreciate your time.
I guess I missed a few posts here…
Yes, as you’ve experienced, the stitching can get a little off when bringing the front of the truck up, and yes, AlfaOBD can calibrate all the cameras.

Ostracize

Reaction score
That was dealing with the CHMSL and the center-line, not stitching of the surround view camera or camera alignment.

What exactly do you think changed?
Oh no I realize that's what he was working on, but the part about forcing the cal and "it did the surround view just fine"

I don't know how else to explain it genuinely.
The cameras care about their relationship to each other, but if their.... Nevermind Jimmy enter the chat lol

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, as you’ve experienced, the stitching can get a little off when bringing the front of the truck up, and yes, AlfaOBD can calibrate all the cameras.

Interting, thanks for the clarification. Last I looked into it I was told there wasn't any adjustments that could be made.

:confused:

Ostracize

Reaction score
Ok, so I'll pick up alfaobd. I assume I have to drive at low speeds during the cal.... Do you happen to know for how long? Meaning should I be trying to locate a very long empty parking lot?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ok, so I'll pick up alfaobd. I assume I have to drive at low speeds during the cal.... Do you happen to know for how long? Meaning should I be trying to locate a very long empty parking lot?
You need about 500’ where you can drive straight. The calibration status shows up on the radio screen and informs you if you go too fast or slow or too much steering angle. Drive as slow as the calibration routine requires (~3mph), and do each camera individually.

Ostracize

Reaction score
You need about 500’ where you can drive straight. The calibration status shows up on the radio screen and informs you if you go too fast or slow or too much steering angle. Drive as slow as the calibration routine requires (~3mph), and do each camera individually.
Understood thank you. I'll try to do some before and after pics of the surround view screen in the same location so if it's successful and for others to choose.. if they're leveled and want to attempt.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

What is the process for starting it?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
What is the process for starting it?
Connect to the central vision processing module, which is in the list under radio. Active diagnostics > service calibration. Have the surround view screen on, don’t press start until you start driving.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I’d see what it looked like and get this caution.

image.jpg

Is the security bypass considered an adapter? Is it needed for the CVPM?

This is the wifi afapter I have for AlfaOBD on my PC.

BAFX Products Wireless WiFi (OBDII) OBD2 Code Reader & Scan Tool/Wireless Check Engine Light Diagnostic Scan Tool for Cars & Trucks/for iOS. iPhone & Android Devices (1) https://a.co/d/8fRqFWe

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Thought I’d see what it looked like and get this caution.

View attachment 63259

Is the security bypass considered an adapter? Is it needed for the CVPM?

This is the wifi afapter I have for AlfaOBD on my PC.

BAFX Products Wireless WiFi (OBDII) OBD2 Code Reader & Scan Tool/Wireless Check Engine Light Diagnostic Scan Tool for Cars & Trucks/for iOS. iPhone & Android Devices (1) https://a.co/d/8fRqFWe
BAFX won’t work for connecting to the CVPM (or any other module that has the “adapter needed” symbol next to it).
You can only use an MX+, EX, vLinker MC, or vLinker MC+ to connect to modules that are on the IHS bus (OBD pins 3 & 11).

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
BAFX won’t work for connecting to the CVPM (or any other module that has the “adapter needed” symbol next to it).
You can only use an MX+, EX, vLinker MC, or vLinker MC+ to connect to modules that are on the IHS bus (OBD pins 3 & 11).

That’s kinda what I figured, thanks for the clarification.

g00fy

Reaction score
You can calibrate/recalibrate the Surround view cameras through AlfaOBD, I've recalibrated my surround view a few times, just takes a HUGE open parking lot to allow the system to do its thing cause it takes a while. The calibrations are hit and miss, sometimes you get a good accurate calibration, sometimes you get a not so good calibration.

Still can't get the CHMSL to calibrate though, so still no Cargo camera line.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone looking to get a MX+ they are on sale at Amazon right now. Not sure how long the sale lasts.

OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows https://a.co/d/8H4zhDB

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone looking to get a MX+ they are on sale at Amazon right now. Not sure how long the sale lasts.

OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows https://a.co/d/8H4zhDB

Wow they've really gone up in price since I got mine in 2020 at full boat MSRP $99.95

The Vlinker MC+ is currently $47.91, that's a steal of a deal.

P.S. The MC+ has BLE4.0 so I decided to just get one as a backup/futureproof given the low price and current availability (they often go OOS.)

https://www.amazon.com/vgate-vLinker-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Android/dp/B088LW211V/ref=sr_1_1?crid=11DWZEH84FAWE&keywords=vlinker+mc+&qid=1697043410&s=automotive&sprefix=vlinker+mc+,automotive,111&sr=1-1&th=1

Last edited:

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow they've really gone up in price since I got mine in 2020 at full boat MSRP $99.95

The Vlinker MC+ is currently $47.91, that's a steal of a deal.

P.S. The MC+ has BLE4.0 so I decided to just get one as a backup/futureproof given the low price and current availability (they often go OOS.)

https://www.amazon.com/vgate-vLinker-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Android/dp/B088LW211V/ref=sr_1_1?crid=11DWZEH84FAWE&keywords=vlinker+mc+&qid=1697043410&s=automotive&sprefix=vlinker+mc+,automotive,111&sr=1-1&th=1

I didn't catch that one being on sale too.

AirRyan

Reaction score
Okay, trying to absorb all the previous posts in this thread and others over on the 5thGen forum. Want to add DRVM to my MY23 Ram 2500 Rebel. Interstingly, all the pre-production MY23 Rebels in many YouTube videos had the Rebel equipped with the DRVM but that option did not apparently make it to production on the Rebel trim, at least. Coming from GM Silverado, I was really disappointed that the truck I bought didn't have the DVRM, but if that didn't make it to production on the Rebel trim line for MY23, than it is what it is.

I've got a 6851 9222 AA DRVM and 6846 5998 AA CHMSL per the help of Jimmy, but apparently, I'm going to still need to update the BCM so that the outside RVM's still auto-dim.

So what is the least expensive/obtrusive way to go about doing that with alfaOBD? Unfortunately, the Kaodtech security module bypass looks unavialble and there is no guarantee they will be available again, so what is one to do?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, trying to absorb all the previous posts in this thread and others over on the 5thGen forum. Want to add DRVM to my MY23 Ram 2500 Rebel. Interstingly, all the pre-production MY23 Rebels in many YouTube videos had the Rebel equipped with the DRVM but that option did not apparently make it to production on the Rebel trim, at least. Coming from GM Silverado, I was really disappointed that the truck I bought didn't have the DVRM, but if that didn't make it to production on the Rebel trim line for MY23, than it is what it is.

I've got a 6851 9222 AA DRVM and 6846 5998 AA CHMSL per the help of Jimmy, but apparently, I'm going to still need to update the BCM so that the outside RVM's still auto-dim.

So what is the least expensive/obtrusive way to go about doing that with alfaOBD? Unfortunately, the Kaodtech security module bypass looks unavialble and there is no guarantee they will be available again, so what is one to do?
Said member can build you a bypass, send him a PM.

Florotory

Reaction score
Last Feb I installed AUX switches on my truck. I also changed a few settings using AlfaOBD. One of those settings was my heated steering wheel (tried to make it low/med/hi) which I found out about 5 min after changing it that it doesn’t work on the 2500’s.

I attempted to load the original log back onto the truck but that didn’t fix the issue either. With winter about to hit here where I live I’d like to have my heated steering wheel back.

Question is : can I have the dealer flash my truck back to original settings so my heated wheel works again and then go back in and re-add my commercial menu, bed lighting, and splash screen setting, or am I screwed on my heated wheel? Thanks

Also anyone know what the avg cost is to have them reflash it?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Last Feb I installed AUX switches on my truck. I also changed a few settings using AlfaOBD. One of those settings was my heated steering wheel (tried to make it low/med/hi) which I found out about 5 min after changing it that it doesn’t work on the 2500’s.

I attempted to load the original log back onto the truck but that didn’t fix the issue either. With winter about to hit here where I live I’d like to have my heated steering wheel back.

Question is : can I have the dealer flash my truck back to original settings so my heated wheel works again and then go back in and re-add my commercial menu, bed lighting, and splash screen setting, or am I screwed on my heated wheel? Thanks

Also anyone know what the avg cost is to have them reflash it?
There must be something else going on with your wheel. The hi/med/lo works on my 2500.
If you send me your current BCM system ID read, and your current backup file, I can tell you what to do to force it back to the original on/off setting.

Users who are viewing this thread