Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

CdnHO

Reaction score
Will any android device work with AlphaODB? I am an Apple guy and will look for a used Android device to run it.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Will any android device work with AlphaODB? I am an Apple guy and will look for a used Android device to run it.
Any android device. Or, if you don’t want to get an android device just for this, Jscan works on iOS, and can do most of what AlfaOBD can do (more in some instances).

CdnHO

Reaction score
Any android device. Or, if you don’t want to get an android device just for this, Jscan works on iOS, and can do most of what AlfaOBD can do (more in some instances).
THANK YOU!! Appreciate it. Should I go with Jscan recommended bluetooth adaptors?

Last edited:

rfullen280

Reaction score
Interesting - so with JScan, on a DJ - does it use the same SGW bypass that I use for Alfa? (two wires that plug into the Can blocks above the e-brake)

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Interesting - so with JScan, on a DJ - does it use the same SGW bypass that I use for Alfa? (two wires that plug into the Can blocks above the e-brake)
You still need the same hardware- bypass and OBD interface.

rfullen280

Reaction score
You still need the same hardware- bypass and OBD interface.
Sweet. currently use a USB to OBD adapter...but I could be okay with wireless, if I could use my phone... (iOS) instead of carrying my little windows laptop in the truck all the time on longer trips...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

What are the most significant? Any radio access? (yea, probably a dumb question).

Seems cheap enough for a single VIN.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
What are the most significant? Any radio access? (yea, probably a dumb question).

Seems cheap enough for a single VIN.
Radio module is there, but to access it is dependent on the type of bypass used, just like with AlfaOBD.
It has more resetting procedures for modules. For instance, it can completely reset a BCM back to factory so there is no VIN stored.

kanabram

Reaction score
Thanks Mad Irishman, it worked! I am now connected and playing around with it. However, when I go to change my tire pressure sensors it is asking for sensor IDs. I saw that there is a post on another forum to get around this. I will do an internet search.

rfullen280

Reaction score
Thanks Mad Irishman, it worked! I am now connected and playing around with it. However, when I go to change my tire pressure sensors it is asking for sensor IDs. I saw that there is a post on another forum to get around this. I will do an internet search.
If you find the other post, can you message it to me? Would love to keep that in my "list of fixes" file.

kanabram

Reaction score
If you find the other post, can you message it to me? Would love to keep that in my "list of fixes" file.
I found the fix for adjusting the TPMS. I must have been in the wrong place within the app when it asked for the sensor IDs for each of the tires. Here are the steps for my 2022 truck: 1) with truck off and either the EX cable or MX Bluetooth connected, open the AlphaOBD app and turn ignition to ACC or RUN, 2) select Body Computer from Start tab and select the appropriate body computer for your ECU, then select Connect, 3) navigate to Active Diagnostic tab and in the drop down field search for 'Update Pressure Thresholds', 4) select your desired front and rear pressures in the fields below then select Start, then Next and wait for it to complete, 5) once complete navigate back to Start and select Disconnect and cycle ignition on and off several times, 6) start your truck and make sure your warning lights are off (assuming they were on to begin with).

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

kanabram is just setting TPMS pressure thresholds.

AlfaOBD can change/add a sensor ID but you would have to have it from the sensor or a TPMS sensor scan tool. I don't think you can otherwise read it.

Now, the newer trucks may just auto-learn a sensor that's replaced, not 100% sure there.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I found the fix for adjusting the TPMS. I must have been in the wrong place within the app when it asked for the sensor IDs for each of the tires. Here are the steps for my 2022 truck: 1) with truck off and either the EX cable or MX Bluetooth connected, open the AlphaOBD app and turn ignition to ACC or RUN, 2) select Body Computer from Start tab and select the appropriate body computer for your ECU, then select Connect, 3) navigate to Active Diagnostic tab and in the drop down field search for 'Update Pressure Thresholds', 4) select your desired front and rear pressures in the fields below then select Start, then Next and wait for it to complete, 5) once complete navigate back to Start and select Disconnect and cycle ignition on and off several times, 6) start your truck and make sure your warning lights are off (assuming they were on to begin with).

FYI, you can also change TPMS to TPIS (3500) if you don't care about audible warnings.

kanabram

Reaction score
Does anyone know if AlphaOBD can adjust the duration that the cargo and interior lights stay on when you open and close the door? I realize that they will go off if you lock the doors using the fob but was hoping not to have to do that every time. The reason I ask is that my newish truck sat for about week and the battery was dead when I went to start it. The only thing I can think of is that I was going in and out of the truck numerous times and maybe the lights contributed to draining the battery. I also had the ignition in the 'Run' position when adjusting some of the computer settings with AlphaOBD.

Last edited:

rfullen280

Reaction score
Does anyone know if AlphaOBD can adjust the duration that the cargo and interior lights stay on when you open and close the door? I realize that they will go off if you lock the doors using the fob but was hoping not to have to do that every time. The reason I ask is that my newish truck sat for about week and the battery was dead when I went to start it. The only thing I can think of is that is was going in and out of the truck numerous times and maybe the lights drained the battery.
I had that happen to me - the culprit was that I didn't have the door shut all the way and didn't notice. Or, it was the device I had plugged into the OBD port.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Need assistance changing tire size! I’ve made it through changing circumference. But, when I get to select “ABS ATE/CONTINENTAL” I don’t have that option. Here’s only option I have. I’ve tried selecting the 4th option down, but when I go to “ABS Initialization” it won’t give me option to “Start”.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• 74D6B689-379F-4D53-AB92-7C9A1E9C4F55.jpeg
    74D6B689-379F-4D53-AB92-7C9A1E9C4F55.jpeg
    823 KB · Views: 33
  • 083CA222-FB33-460E-9F77-6BAE869A4689.jpeg
    083CA222-FB33-460E-9F77-6BAE869A4689.jpeg
    698.8 KB · Views: 33

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Need assistance changing tire size! I’ve made it through changing circumference. But, when I get to select “ABS ATE/CONTINENTAL” I don’t have that option. Here’s only option I have. I’ve tried selecting the 4th option down, but when I go to “ABS Initialization” it won’t give me option to “Start”.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
The abs initialization screen is only listing the procedures you need to perform. So, you’ll go back to the drop down list, and run each one of those procedures.
D62A6FC0-527C-4647-A252-078FE085CD4B.jpeg81527C72-8F95-4BB8-95DC-FEBC9B9A3652.jpeg

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Got it! Thanks!! I was going by the video. It left out a few steps (which I believe is covered when you read the steps y’all have highlighted). I reverted back to Google Doc procedure and I believe I’ve got it. Haven’t taken it for a ride to verify, but there’s no dash lights so far.

Users who are viewing this thread