Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

DesertLawman

Reaction score
Is there a way to keep the bed camera on for more than a few seconds while driving?

waveslayer

Reaction score
Is there a way to keep the bed camera on for more than a few seconds while driving?
Not sure how using Alpha, but Naviks will do that. I've used their products on my Raptor . Used my cameras all the time

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

JP426

Reaction score
I plan on only having my bypass cable connected temporarily when needed, do the batteries need to be disconnected each time you connect or disconnect the KaodTech bypass cable to the white and green CAN blocks?

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Functions the same? Trying to avoid going to get a tablet but I will if necessary. Everyone on here only talks about ALFA

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Functions the same? Trying to avoid going to get a tablet but I will if necessary. Everyone on here only talks about ALFA
For the most part, yes. There are some features that aren’t there, but they are constantly adding them. Depending on what you’re looking to do, all the basic features that most people enable are there.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score

I don’t think you change the gas tank size with JScan. At least I haven’t found it yet, and that’s the next upgrade I’m gonna do. So I’m probably gonna have to get AlphaOBD on my sons Windows tablet.

jetrinka

Reaction score
I got the KAOD bypass for my truck. Gonna try out AlfaOBD. Dumb question though. The two little plugs that go into the bus bars - they can be plugged into any slot on them correct? They don't have to be any specific one? As long as the connector color/bus bar color line up as it says in the directions? It just wasn't clear about the slot.

rfullen280

Reaction score
I got the KAOD bypass for my truck. Gonna try out AlfaOBD. Dumb question though. The two little plugs that go into the bus bars - they can be plugged into any slot on them correct? They don't have to be any specific one? As long as the connector color/bus bar color line up as it says in the directions? It just wasn't clear about the slot.
Correct.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Dude. AlfaOBD is absolutely the shiz!!! I shoulda done this months ago! Recalibrated the tire size, lowered the TPMS thresholds and disabled the fog light dropout so far. Super cool stuff! Works flawlessly!

dirt-merchant

Reaction score
Dude. AlfaOBD is absolutely the shiz!!! I shoulda done this months ago! Recalibrated the tire size, lowered the TPMS thresholds and disabled the fog light dropout so far. Super cool stuff! Works flawlessly!
Did you get the error codes/conditions after changing settings and go through the ABS reset etc... ?

AFF

Reaction score
You forgot to add what gear you are in when driving. Cool feature.

Chris1911

Reaction score
Ok, i got AlphaOBD and a security bypass. I changed the settings to fog lights on with brights, gear indicator display on, and rear LED turn signal lights present. Now my startup splash screen says "1500" instead of "2500". Does anyone know how to change it back? I am using the PC version.

Last edited:

Chris1911

Reaction score
Also, is there a way to change the readings to mph, fahrenheit, etc?

ETA: In AlphaOBD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread