Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

jetrinka

Reaction score
Did you get the error codes/conditions after changing settings and go through the ABS reset etc... ?
Yup went through the whole ABS reset thingy. Everything works great and no error codes or warning lights

jetrinka

Reaction score
Also, is there a way to change the readings to mph, fahrenheit, etc?
I don’t think you actually need Alfa to do this? I’ve found all that stuff in the settings on the center display

Chris1911

Reaction score
I found a setting to change the splash screen back to "2500 Heavy Duty", but if i didn't know any better, the graphics look different.

jetrinka

Reaction score
I also disabled the active noise cancelling - I always felt like even though the cab was "quiet" that the sound cancelling waves were messing with my head somehow... I don't get that anymore, music sounds better and I can hear things outside the truck again. Love it

dirt-merchant

Reaction score
I also disabled the active noise cancelling - I always felt like even though the cab was "quiet" that the sound cancelling waves were messing with my head somehow... I don't get that anymore, music sounds better and I can hear things outside the truck again. Love it
Didnt realize the truck did this. Is this a setting in the vehicle settings somewhere? (not via alphaodb)

waveslayer

Reaction score
Is there a list of changes that can be made using Alpha? The program that Ford uses is Forscan, there's an on going Excel spreadsheet with a whole list of features you can change what settings to do change.

Curious if there is a similar list for Alpha OBD

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

flan

Reaction score
Does every 5th gen have the ANC?

Chris1911

Reaction score
Is there a list of changes that can be made using Alpha? The program that Ford uses is Forscan, there's an on going Excel spreadsheet with a whole list of features you can change what settings to do change.

Curious if there is a similar list for Alpha OBD

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cOPRgM7z957XJTg16NSjozfXNbrHdjkRQzCs2t0HYRc/edit

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xQvdHVTgRwKQRKSBh1K2rkCqg5dlpSi0

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uVZj9plkhj7OUPJQTDHO2AcznuHFBplS

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to enable the exhaust brake in low range 4x4 ?

Is it shutting off and you're asking if AlfaOBD can change that?

AlfaOBD can't generally change any ECU controlled functions, like keeping the EB on etc, but the the tuners generally can.

I don't recall mine shutting off when I was trying to get the hill descent working, but I would have to check. I have the BD 2-low lockout so that makes it easier on the drivetrain to do so on pavement here.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Can traction control be permanently disabled with Alfa? Really tired of it…

Reaction score
Is it shutting off and you're asking if AlfaOBD can change that?

AlfaOBD can't generally change any ECU controlled functions, like keeping the EB on etc, but the the tuners generally can.

I don't recall mine shutting off when I was trying to get the hill descent working, but I would have to check. I have the BD 2-low lockout so that makes it easier on the drivetrain to do so on pavement here.
I have the BD 2wd lockout also ( and love it) but in 4 low the tow/haul and exhaust brake are disabled, any recommendation on a tuner that may fix the problem?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the BD 2wd lockout also ( and love it) but in 4 low the tow/haul and exhaust brake are disabled, any recommendation on a tuner that may fix the problem?

No, it's likely going to be a custom tune. Pick your favorite tuner and ask them if they can do it.

jerrypw

Reaction score
No, it's likely going to be a custom tune. Pick your favorite tuner and ask them if they can do it.
new to this alfaobd stuff. I have a 2022 power wagon 6 days old. I have a alfaobd, bypass cable, windows version all installed seems to connect fine. I am able to turn on low high beams and such, so all seems to work fine. Question, im trying to get the Fog light dropout enable to Select to go to "no". cant find a place or how to change any features. i know its a simple button but i cant find it. HELP

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
new to this alfaobd stuff. I have a 2022 power wagon 6 days old. I have a alfaobd, bypass cable, windows version all installed seems to connect fine. I am able to turn on low high beams and such, so all seems to work fine. Question, im trying to get the Fog light dropout enable to Select to go to "no". cant find a place or how to change any features. i know its a simple button but i cant find it. HELP

Car Configuration Change
CBC Features-Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enable
No

Southernspeed

Reaction score
Someone please throw me a lifeline, I'm drowning in posts! I read all 47 pages before I got AlfaOBD, but now I have it .... I can't find one of the posts I need. I've changed TPIS to TPMS but now want to change the alert threshold. Can someone reference me the post I need or post the info again please. Thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread