Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aisin Transmission Concerns

Blythkd1

Reaction score
If they were so quick to figure out what the problem is post mortem (bad snap ring or groove) I would think they would be very adamite about figuring out what the dates the defective parts were installed to try to get ahead of this..
I'm not sure how deep they would have to go on an inspection to measure or determine if the trans had a faulty part, do they really have to remove the transmission and tear it down? I have no idea and I understand there is no way they could bring in every Asian equipped truck and tear the trans completely down to find out, hopefully they are working on a plan other than "we'll fix it when it fails" I'll be traveling across the country this spring \ summer \ fall towing and I'm not looking forward to being stranded.
Unfortunately I don't know of any way they're going to be able to inspect clutch parts without removing the transmission and disassembling it. Hopefully at some point the mfr can pinpoint the affected lots and tackle the problem that way.

doctahouse

Reaction score
"RAMcares" always pops in on the weak AC thread. Where are they on this one?

No where to be found as everyone can see. Their legal department likely told them to ignore it and all will go away. I'm $10k in out of pocket expenses and they haven't reimbursed me a single dime. They won't cover any hotel, food, the transportation cost back home which was 1700 miles away and said the only thing they'd be willing to pay is the rental from Nov 30-Jan 20, not from Nov 22-Jan 20, which is how long I had been renting (Truck broke down on Nov 13). I won't be going away anytime soon. From what I see, a class action lawsuit could be headed their way with how they've been unfairly treating their customers.

Mikerob14

Reaction score
No where to be found as everyone can see. Their legal department likely told them to ignore it and all will go away. I'm $10k in out of pocket expenses and they haven't reimbursed me a single dime. They won't cover any hotel, food, the transportation cost back home which was 1700 miles away and said the only thing they'd be willing to pay is the rental from Nov 30-Jan 20, not from Nov 22-Jan 20, which is how long I had been renting (Truck broke down on Nov 13). I won't be going away anytime soon. From what I see, a class action lawsuit could be headed their way with how they've been unfairly treating their customers.
I get that you’re having a bad experience with a situation there. But they literally started this thread….. I’m sure it’s safe to assume they are tracking progress on it.

Gkockrow

Reaction score
Anyone know if 68 RFE is having problems or is it primarily Aisin with H O. I purchased H O for Aisin.

flan

Reaction score
Anyone know if 68 RFE is having problems or is it primarily Aisin with H O. I purchased H O for Aisin.
No problems related to the aisin problem referenced in this thread.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

srider30548

Reaction score
Bought my 2022 3500 Limited Crew Cab with the HO Cummins and the Aisin back on 12-23-22 and it was a daily driver until I started my car hauling business. Went on my first weeklong trip from Georgia to Idaho and back without a problem but on 2-22-23 was taking a load to Alabama and at 8714 miles I lost the transmission on I-285 in rush hour traffic but was lucky enough to make it to the right shoulder before stopping in the drive lanes right before the I-75 exits. Had to pay extra to get my truck towed to the Ram dealership that my Stepfather is the Service Manager at and also paid a crazy amount to have my 43' Kaufman trailer pulled to my Father-in-laws house with 2 cars on it. No telling how long I will be down and how this is affecting my ability to stay in business. This is my 3rd Ram pickup but the first HD one with the other 2 1500 Rams giving me no issues.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Bought my 2022 3500 Limited Crew Cab with the HO Cummins and the Aisin back on 12-23-22 and it was a daily driver until I started my car hauling business. Went on my first weeklong trip from Georgia to Idaho and back without a problem but on 2-22-23 was taking a load to Alabama and at 8714 miles I lost the transmission on I-285 in rush hour traffic but was lucky enough to make it to the right shoulder before stopping in the drive lanes right before the I-75 exits. Had to pay extra to get my truck towed to the Ram dealership that my Stepfather is the Service Manager at and also paid a crazy amount to have my 43' Kaufman trailer pulled to my Father-in-laws house with 2 cars on it. No telling how long I will be down and how this is affecting my ability to stay in business. This is my 3rd Ram pickup but the first HD one with the other 2 1500 Rams giving me no issues.
I can add you to the list if you’d like. Just need the standard information from your truck:

Date you ordered it
Date of manufacture
Date purchased
Miles at the time of failure
Towing when it failed?
Lost forward gears?
Reverse still worked?
Date transmission failed ?
Serial number of failed transmission
Serial number of replacement transmission

If there are items on there you don’t have, it’s no worry. If you can get it later that’s fine too! I’m sorry this happened to you, but I do appreciate you sharing your experience. If you’d like to be included on the spreadsheet I would appreciate that too.

srider30548

Reaction score
I can add you to the list if you’d like. Just need the standard information from your truck:

Date you ordered it
Date of manufacture
Date purchased
Miles at the time of failure
Towing when it failed?
Lost forward gears?
Reverse still worked?
Date transmission failed ?
Serial number of failed transmission
Serial number of replacement transmission

If there are items on there you don’t have, it’s no worry. If you can get it later that’s fine too! I’m sorry this happened to you, but I do appreciate you sharing your experience. If you’d like to be included on the spreadsheet I would appreciate that too.
I didn't order my truck and I would have to look at the sticker on the inside of the door for the manufacture date but I purchased it on 12-23-22. As I stated, it had 8714 miles on it on 2-22-23 and was towing a 43' trailer with 2 vehicles on it when I lost the forward gears. It did still have reverse but I am not sure about 5th and 6th gears as some people have stated. Hope this helps!

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't order my truck and I would have to look at the sticker on the inside of the door for the manufacture date but I purchased it on 12-23-22. As I stated, it had 8714 miles on it on 2-22-23 and was towing a 43' trailer with 2 vehicles on it when I lost the forward gears. It did still have reverse but I am not sure about 5th and 6th gears as some people have stated. Hope this helps!
Not a problem I will start with the information you have there, and when you’re able to get the rest just let me know. If you have updates, let me know and I’ll get the sheet updated to reflect. Did your dealer diagnose the truck yet?

If you have any questions regarding the failure or the repair processes, or how things have been going recently feel free and I’ll happily provide whatever info I have collected. Did you get a chance to review the TSB ram released back in January for this issue?

srider30548

Reaction score
Not a problem I will start with the information you have there, and when you’re able to get the rest just let me know. If you have updates, let me know and I’ll get the sheet updated to reflect. Did your dealer diagnose the truck yet?

If you have any questions regarding the failure or the repair processes, or how things have been going recently feel free and I’ll happily provide whatever info I have collected. Did you get a chance to review the TSB ram released back in January for this issue?
Yes Sir, my Stepfather told me about it today when I went into the service department to check on the status of the truck. He told me about the codes that he pulled and the TSB that had been put out about the problem transmissions.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok great! He may be a very valuable asset to you moving forward. IF he happens to share any info that is pertinent to this issue, we would all appreciate the share.'
Let me know if / when you get the rest of the info for the tracking sheet. I appreciate it!!

michaeljbrennan

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation. My 2022 Ram 5500 broke down with 850 miles on the clock. I had to pay out of pocket for the tow. Still waiting on reimbursement 42 days later. I have a dumpster business with a truck payment, business loan payments and a storage yard for my equipment. The response from ram has been atrocious. They simply do not care. I hope that a class action lawsuit

aogmitch

Reaction score
My son ordered a ‘22 Limited HO 12/21. Delivered end of June ‘22. First week of Nov the trans went bad. Dealer installed a new trans and he finally got the truck back 1st week of Dec. He had about 3k on the truck and was not towing at the time.

Talked to my son today. Went snowmobiling with his wife today. On the way home, the new trans failed. Was towing the sled trailer. Truck is at about 5400 miles. Not a happy camper with the new truck at the moment.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Talked to my son today. Went snowmobiling with his wife today. On the way home, the new trans failed. Was towing the sled trailer. Truck is at about 5400 miles. Not a happy camper with the new truck at the moment.
Oh no. Another redundant failure.
I was afraid more of these would be showing up.

I’ll adjust the sheet to show it failed. Could you get me the specifics for accuracy? Thanks and sorry this happened. They’ll likely want them to have the TSB parts kit installed this time as it seems they’re not allowing anyone to get a complete new transmission swap

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I'm beginning to seriously regret my recent purchase as well. My front diff is trashed at 2,000 miles and I'm just waiting for the tranny to strand me somewhere. This is a $90,000 vehicle that I had to wait 8 months to get and it's absolute trash straight from the factory. But hey, Ram got their very big *** and that's what Ram cares about. This is the 6th brand new Chrysler vehicle I have bought since 2005 and unless they get their sh!t together very quickly it is my last.

Trashed front diff eh? That's a new one.

Gm starting to see issues? They have had terrible transmissions since 2020 with many issues with the 10 speed, not as many issues as ford but still lots of problems

To this day GM still cannot produce a 1/2 ton auto trans worth a ****.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Trashed front diff eh? That's a new one.

To this day GM still cannot produce a 1/2 ton auto trans worth a ****.
Im referring to the “allison” 10speed but yea thats also true

Ionicbrick

Reaction score

Son of a bucket of puss… Did his second (the newly failed tranny) have a part number ending in AB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aogmitch

Reaction score
Son of a bucket of puss… Did his second (the newly failed tranny) have a part number ending in AB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no idea on the part number of the trans they installed.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
It would have been on his repair order sheet. I crawled all over my tranny looking for a part number to no avail. Apparently the older number ending in AA could have issues, and we had heard that the newer AB part is supposed to be good. If his AB failed that would tell us there is no absolute yet. We don’t yet have confidence in even the TSB approved repair since only a couple have even been done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread