Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC Fix TSB (Pre 8/20 build trucks)

2019_Ram

Reaction score
I marked my housing before taking it in. When I picked it up, no marks were there so it was replaced.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wish I would have thought of that before taking mine in. That would have been too easy!

Branog

Reaction score
An update on my post TSB AC fix. It is unseasonably warm here in Nor Cal. I drove the truck yesterday in the 109 degree heat and I am happy to report the AC performed great.

stinson87

Reaction score
IMG_20210625_110129.jpg guess I'll have to get this done, 74 and sunny outside, that's all it can get down to, and I'm always hot, wife controls the AC, so she is getting a bit more cool breeze than me.

JcLeiva

Reaction score
Agreed, my vented seats blow cold air from the A/C. My butt gets cold after a little while.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Really? I don’t feel anything. Maybe mine are messed up..

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Really? I don’t feel anything. Maybe mine are messed up..

The seat vents only blow whatever the ambient temp is in the truck... you can try turning on the floor vents (there is one under the seat blowing into the back) to pull cooler air up through the vented seat.

woody284

Reaction score
I took my truck in for regular service, leaking third brake light and I mentioned the AC issue as mine is about 12 degrees colder on the passenger side. I pick my truck up and the tech has noted, replaced fan blower due to low volume and blower getting hot during operation. I asked how does that fix the temperature difference and told the guy there is a TSB all about this. He said I needed to make another appt for them to look into it more, see if there was anything for them to do or parts to order, then make another appt for them to actually fix it. On a side note, I dropped my truck off on Monday evening for a 11:00 appt on Tuesday and picked it up, on Wednesday at 3:00 and it was still in the service bay. Two more appts after you had my truck for two days, sheesh..

jadmt

Reaction score
I took my truck in for regular service, leaking third brake light and I mentioned the AC issue as mine is about 12 degrees colder on the passenger side. I pick my truck up and the tech has noted, replaced fan blower due to low volume and blower getting hot during operation. I asked how does that fix the temperature difference and told the guy there is a TSB all about this. He said I needed to make another appt for them to look into it more, see if there was anything for them to do or parts to order, then make another appt for them to actually fix it. On a side note, I dropped my truck off on Monday evening for a 11:00 appt on Tuesday and picked it up, on Wednesday at 3:00 and it was still in the service bay. Two more appts after you had my truck for two days, sheesh..
Frustrating for sure

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

That's some crap there... we have a good dealer locally.
Called ahead, gave them the VIN and the TSB... asked them to order the parts and once they were in, to give me a call so I could drop off the truck.

Burton12387

Reaction score
The seat vents only blow whatever the ambient temp is in the truck... you can try turning on the floor vents (there is one under the seat blowing into the back) to pull cooler air up through the vented seat.

I could be wrong, but I am 95% sure the vented seats pull the air though the seats, not push. They are pulling warm air away from your body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I am 95% sure the vented seats pull the air though the seats, not push. They are pulling warm air away from your body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never considered it was the other way... now I'll have to check.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Today's drive home in Flori-duh... post TSB 'fix'

98 degrees, "feels like" 103, humidity is a low 50%.
I was only hot/uncomfortable for about 2/3rd of the way home...and that was opening all the window to 'air out' the truck and driving the whole way with MAX AC on.
I guess it's an improvement from simply being hot/uncomfortable all the way home... and it isn't even August yet. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But my new Borla sounds nice... :D

jupp0r

Reaction score
I brought my truck to my dealer yesterday for an oil change and asked if they could perform the TSB because I had really really poor AC performance in the desert on a recent trip.

They completely refused to perform the work. They tried out the AC (it was 65 out) and said that it worked fine and blowed cold. I was driving the same route in my 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 with 210k miles and its 20 year AC performed much better than my 1 year old $65k truck.

Any tips that worked for you guys of how to convince them to fix the AC? I printed out the TSB and brought it to them but they completely ignored it.

jadmt

Reaction score
I brought my truck to my dealer yesterday for an oil change and asked if they could perform the TSB because I had really really poor AC performance in the desert on a recent trip.

They completely refused to perform the work. They tried out the AC (it was 65 out) and said that it worked fine and blowed cold. I was driving the same route in my 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 with 210k miles and its 20 year AC performed much better than my 1 year old $65k truck.

Any tips that worked for you guys of how to convince them to fix the AC? I printed out the TSB and brought it to them but they completely ignored it.
call ram customer care and bitch (female dog) like crazy

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

It's not really for them to decide.. the TSB is quite clear... I also second calling RAM Customer Care and see if they can't push the issue or find a dealer willing to do their job.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Today's drive home in Flori-duh... post TSB 'fix'

98 degrees, "feels like" 103, humidity is a low 50%.
I was only hot/uncomfortable for about 2/3rd of the way home...and that was opening all the window to 'air out' the truck and driving the whole way with MAX AC on.
I guess it's an improvement from simply being hot/uncomfortable all the way home... and it isn't even August yet. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But my new Borla sounds nice... :D

You seen all the FB posts and even thread here about 2021 with crap AC? Doesn't seem like it was really "fixed".

Apart from mine not blowing as hard as all my GMs on full, the air is still cold here in 120 deg Phoenix and I have a pre-AC TSB truck. Seems to be a crap shoot. No 7.5 hour tear down for me though. Got hosed with the CP4 but feel lucky having a decent AC truck.

Last edited:

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I wonder if the reimbursement from the mothership isn’t high enough to entice some dealerships to jump at the work. Set rates + time consuming job may not = $$ for them.

Users who are viewing this thread