Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC Fix TSB (Pre 8/20 build trucks)

Reaction score
i've been reading more on this thread... seems everyone has a defrost issue after having the TSB done....including ME!
my defroster is a mystery to me...my windshield will go fully fogged up when it's raining to the point I've had to pull over.
I try hot air, cold air. and nothing seems to clear the windshield. anyone have a trick? it's super scary when you're on the highway and it wont clear.

Nick

Reaction score
i've been reading more on this thread... seems everyone has a defrost issue after having the TSB done....including ME!
my defroster is a mystery to me...my windshield will go fully fogged up when it's raining to the point I've had to pull over.
I try hot air, cold air. and nothing seems to clear the windshield. anyone have a trick? it's super scary when you're on the highway and it wont clear.
They do make products that will keep your window defogged at auto stores . I know that doesn’t solve the truck defrost but it is an alternative . Does your AC compressor kick in on defrost . It should if your defrost is working properly . Try it at idle and see if your fan kicks in when on defrost . It should come on . The compressor acts as an air dryer .

thestuarts

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with defrost or fogging since having the TSB done.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I’ve not had the TSB done but my hvac system is always a little bit on defrost. It changes settings/zones just fine but it will frost the window on long drives because it’s still blowing a little on the windshield

jupp0r

Reaction score
No problems, my defrost/defog works great after having the TSB done.

Reaction score
hmmm... I always assumed when you put on the windshield defroster it automatically turned on the AC. is that true?
maybe i need to manually turn on the AC when i need the defroster?
Let me know.

DocTAZ

Reaction score
Had TSB done back in March before it was as HOT 110* in AZ.
AC is certainly colder but the blower is terrible no matter what MAX/AUTO setting it’s on.

Sweat all way home unless the ride is an hour or more long. Do they have any fixes for the weak blower? I would be willing to pay for it even though it should be covered.
@RamCares can you help with this?

Razzman

Reaction score
AC is certainly colder but the blower is terrible no matter what MAX/AUTO setting it’s on.

Sweat all way home unless the ride is an hour or more long. Do they have any fixes for the weak blower? I would be willing to pay for it even though it should be covered.
Mine was weak before the TSB was done, now it blows like crazy and is colder than ever.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score

Hey DocTAZ,

Thank you for tagging us! We'd like to see how we can help. Please send us a direct message with your vehicle make and model so we can dig into this for you!

Callie
Ram Cares

Reaction score

My blower is super weak too. i get in my wife's Ford and the blower is night and day better. So disappointed in this truck.

Dan5Gen

Reaction score
Okay, the TSB was performed and they managed to poke a hole in the dash and dent it as well during the process. The power folding mirrors no longer work either. And with all that, the air still blows cool. Taking it back when the dash repair parts come in so, any suggestions regarding how to get the air to blow cold? Thanks

jadmt

Reaction score
Okay, the TSB was performed and they managed to poke a hole in the dash and dent it as well during the process. The power folding mirrors no longer work either. And with all that, the air still blows cool. Taking it back when the dash repair parts come in so, any suggestions regarding how to get the air to blow cold? Thanks
this is why I am leery to take mine in. I just got back from Moab where it was 103F and while there was thinking i really need to get the tsb done but just not ready for the headache.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
this is why I am leery to take mine in. I just got back from Moab where it was 103F and while there was thinking i really need to get the tsb done but just not ready for the headache.
Right there with you. We’re already looking at back to back 100° days here this week and I’ve been feeling like I should probably do this.

But then I come back to this thread and see people still have ok-ish AC after the fix is done. And I’m paranoid about getting more rattles

Probably a noob question but what is the limitation on getting this done? Within basic warranty like 3yr/30k miles or ?

jadmt

Reaction score
Right there with you. We’re already looking at back to back 100° days here this week and I’ve been feeling like I should probably do this.

But then I come back to this thread and see people still have ok-ish AC after the fix is done. And I’m paranoid about getting more rattles

Probably a noob question but what is the limitation on getting this done? Within basic warranty like 3yr/30k miles or ?
I am not sure. I have an appoint for my driveshaft on Wednesday and I will ask about it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Take your stones out of your wife's purse and get it done.

LOL

jadmt

Reaction score

Has to be done within the basic 3/36000 warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread