Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC Fix TSB (Pre 8/20 build trucks)

jeremyjp74

Reaction score
Temps are consistent across all the vents now at least. I don’t remember weird temps on max heat. But looking back at my notes 55 is about 10 degrees cooler than what i got during summer on max AC previously. My dealer is a good dealer and i can tell they did something....
So what is the discharge temps for a/c now that its fixed?

thecastle

Reaction score
I definitely need this done. My 2019 RAM 3500 is no longer under the 3/36 warranty but still under power train warranty. Has anyone had success in getting RAM to cover the TSB fix outside of the bumper->bumper warranty?

el_barto

Reaction score
TSB finally done….will have to wait until it warms up to report performance…. Outside temp was high of 25 today….

Main reason truck went in was the Thermostat was stuck open, managed to get them to do the tsb at the same time.
Heater seems to blow more powerfully on max fan speed, maybe that’s just me being optimistic or maybe the HVAC system blows air better now. But The heat certainly sucked when the thermostat was stuck open so that might be part of it too
I am happy to report back 6 months post-op that it seems they put it all back together without causing any squeaks, rattles, or other problems.
AC performance does seem to be improved: faster to get cold and cool down the cabin, actually gets cold enough that I need to turn it down, blows stronger, etc. Not the best AC I’ve ever experienced, but it’s good enough now that it isn’t an issue or something I think about.

FWIW my truck is 2019 6.4 crew cab with manual hvac controls

thecastle

Reaction score
great. I took mine into one star dodge, and they said remove your cabin air filter and your ac will blow more. I said the air is not cold, they said my car is ready.….. I guess the dealer won’t fix it. There are others in the Houston area.

flan

Reaction score
great. I took mine into one star dodge, and they said remove your cabin air filter and your ac will blow more. I said the air is not cold, they said my car is ready.….. I guess the dealer won’t fix it. There are others in the Houston area.
Is one star dodge really their name? If so at least they live up to it haha...

MEGA HO

Reaction score
I definitely need this done. My 2019 RAM 3500 is no longer under the 3/36 warranty but still under power train warranty. Has anyone had success in getting RAM to cover the TSB fix outside of the bumper->bumper warranty?
No one answered to this so I'd like to bump this up.
Does the truck need to have full warranty for a dealer to complete a TSB?
My AC is barely adequate on MAX during hot Alberta and British Columbia Summers, I'd imagine it might not be good enough if I travel South of the border. My factory warranty will be up at the end of the year but I also have purchased an extended warranty with my truck.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My AC is barely adequate on MAX during hot Alberta and British Columbia Summers, I'd imagine it might not be good enough if I travel South of the border. My factory warranty will be up at the end of the year but I also have purchased an extended warranty with my truck.
Tsb is only under warranty for free repair if they can confirm the issue

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Tsb can be cust pay or warranty but only if the warranty covers the Tsb

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Get it done before the end of the year.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I live in Flori-duh and it was entirely intolerable in Jul/Aug/Sep...it was barely starting to cool off by the time I completed my 30-40 min drive home.
After the fix it is barely tolerable in Jul/Aug/Sep... now it only takes 15-20 minutes to 'cool off' in the truck.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
If it's covered by warranty, complain about the issue and see if they are smart enough to know there is a TSB, if they don't know then give them the TSB number.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
If it's covered by warranty, complain about the issue and see if they are smart enough to know there is a TSB, if they don't know then give them the TSB number.

In my experience I've just found it easier/quicker to had them the TSB and simply tell them 'I am experiencing these exact issues, this is the fix for those issues'.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
In my experience I've just found it easier/quicker to had them the TSB and simply tell them 'I am experiencing these exact issues, this is the fix for those issues'.
Being a former 20 year dealer tech, I like to mess with them and see if they are on the ball.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Yep, I helped a few people on here too when the dealers didn't know.

Reaction score
If you read the TSB it spells out the "customer complaint" that fits their parameters. I used the exact words listed in the TSB when I went to the dealer to state the symptoms. I literally dictated it word for word to the service rep and asked he type it exactly how i said it. He was completely unaware the TSB existed but it worked and they fixed it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If you read the TSB it spells out the "customer complaint" that fits their parameters. I used the exact words listed in the TSB when I went to the dealer to state the symptoms. I literally dictated it word for word to the service rep and asked he type it exactly how i said it. He was completely unaware the TSB existed but it worked and they fixed it.

I printed it, highlighted the customer complaint and handed it to them.

Not a single dismissive word was uttered by the writer.

Dan5Gen

Reaction score
My 2019 is going in Monday for the third time. The TSB was performed on the second visit, after I handed the unaware service advisor a copy. Worked marginally better afterwards but now, on an 80 degree day, full blast operation can not make it below 76. Don't understand all I know about but my gut says it's a compressor issue because they refuse to reveal the data. Bottom line, has anyone obtained any degree of satisfaction resolving this issue and how? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread