Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC Fix TSB (Pre 8/20 build trucks)

DerKomisar

Reaction score
Just had this TSB done on my 2019 2500 Big Horn. I was so nervous about it but they did a fantastic job. No creaking or rattles at all in fact maybe less. The AC is better but I won't know for sure till next summer. I only had 2000 miles left on the full warranty so I pushed them to do it. I didn't realize how involved it was. Glad to be done and have my truck back. Seems it depends greatly on the dealer you work with; luckily I had a great one.

Razzman

Reaction score
So I may have spoken too soon it seems. Out on the coast for a week and leaving today realized the A/C isn't working again! It was ok getting there, was ok driving around. Hooked up the trailer this morning and nope nothing. Heat works just fine, back to the dealer it goes.

jakalafus

Reaction score
Finally got cold in AZ and I am finding that I cannot get heat when my Auto climate button is on.. AC works an I can get heat as long as not in Auto.. Gotta take it back in..

Razzman

Reaction score
So I may have spoken too soon it seems. Out on the coast for a week and leaving today realized the A/C isn't working again! It was ok getting there, was ok driving around. Hooked up the trailer this morning and nope nothing. Heat works just fine, back to the dealer it goes.
Update; Went back to the dealer and they pumped dye into the system, said there is a leak and let it leak out so we can find it under the UV light. Whatever. Since it's cold and not using A/C this may take a while.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Finally got cold in AZ and I am finding that I cannot get heat when my Auto climate button is on.. AC works an I can get heat as long as not in Auto.. Gotta take it back in..
I know most auto systems wont start heating until the vehicle starts getting up to temp perhaps thats what you are seeing but unlikely if its after you are up to temp it may be a temp sensor in the cabin issue

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I know most auto systems wont start heating until the vehicle starts getting up to temp perhaps thats what you are seeing but unlikely if its after you are up to temp it may be a temp sensor in the cabin issue
Cummins electric cabin heaters should be running regardless of engine operating temp.

jakalafus

Reaction score
Yeah, I should have specified, the heat is there but the fan won't come on unless I take it out of Auto..
So as mentioned above I think, it turns out that on auto it will only push heat out the floor and defrost once the engine warms up. The only way to use the duct heaters when the vehicle’s cold is to take it out of auto so it blows air out the main vents. I could’ve sworn this was not the case in the past… why bother remote starting when it’s cold out if the trucks are not going to heat up. Whenever I remote start it always is in auto for some reason.

Reaction score
That's frustrating. I noticed my heat goes cold on the highway after I had the tsb performed. Really weird. Heat works fine when I'm driving around town but when I get going 70mph it gets cold.
Iy theory is the techs performed the tsb and never refilled the coolant level as it was a quart low. I filled it up and it still blows cold on the highway. Thought maybe it has some kinda air pocket in the heater core lines or something, not sure.

el_barto

Reaction score
TSB finally done….will have to wait until it warms up to report performance…. Outside temp was high of 25 today….

Main reason truck went in was the Thermostat was stuck open, managed to get them to do the tsb at the same time.
Heater seems to blow more powerfully on max fan speed, maybe that’s just me being optimistic or maybe the HVAC system blows air better now. But The heat certainly sucked when the thermostat was stuck open so that might be part of it too

jadmt

Reaction score
TSB finally done….will have to wait until it warms up to report performance…. Outside temp was high of 25 today….

Main reason truck went in was the Thermostat was stuck open, managed to get them to do the tsb at the same time.
Heater seems to blow more powerfully on max fan speed, maybe that’s just me being optimistic or maybe the HVAC system blows air better now. But The heat certainly sucked when the thermostat was stuck open so that might be part of it too
did they put it back together so you can not tell it has been ripped apart?

el_barto

Reaction score
Maybe…the t-case shift boot was like an “outie” rather than an “innie” (I have the 4th Gen floor console so they had to remove that to get into the dash)…that was an easy fix (just had to tuck it in) but wasn’t a great first impression.
I didn’t notice any new squeaks or creaks, but only put like 15 miles on so far. I’ll do a bit more shakedown and inspect a bit more tomorrow.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Only issue I had with mine is they cut the leather bezel around the 4x4 panel, and apparently the same tech that fixed the improperly installed from the factory passenger A-pillar trim to dash connection must have also worked on this because the rubber seal wasn't tucked in just like the prior fix. Sheesh. Made them replace the panel of course.

Otherwise I haven't had any issue other than the driver side defrost is still absolutely worthless.

el_barto

Reaction score
Only issue I had with mine is they cut the leather bezel around the 4x4 panel, and apparently the same tech that fixed the improperly installed from the factory passenger A-pillar trim to dash connection must have also worked on this because the rubber seal wasn't tucked in just like the prior fix. Sheesh. Made them replace the panel of course.

Otherwise I haven't had any issue other than the driver side defrost is still absolutely worthless.
What dealership did the work for you?
I went to Christopher’s Dodge Ram

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

That is very odd as i have no issue with the defrost across my whole windshield i wonder if something is in the vent blocking it

Users who are viewing this thread