Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
It will allow you to fold them in under like 10 mph, any faster and they wont. I could fold my 2019 1500 mirrors in on the highway if I wanted. So this was a bit concerning especially with some roads around where I live, I like to fold them in when there is on-coming traffic like your example.
Yep, my 23 Powerwagon will let me fold them in going slow, but not at road speeds. I was doing about 7mph and it let me, so 10mph or less sounds about right.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Just curious what you boys are seeing for turn around times now? has the factory been able to pick up the pace on the 23s? My 22 wasnt too bad, basically a touch over 5 months for my 5500

bhal212

Reaction score
Just curious what you boys are seeing for turn around times now? has the factory been able to pick up the pace on the 23s? My 22 wasnt too bad, basically a touch over 5 months for my 5500
Compared to 22 I believe it's much improved. The folks who ordered in Sept/Oct/Nov had it the worst probably. I ordered 12/30 and as of 4/3 I'm sitting in the destination rail yard waiting on a ride to the lot.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Compared to 22 I believe it's much improved. The folks who ordered in Sept/Oct/Nov had it the worst probably. I ordered 12/30 and as of 4/3 I'm sitting in the destination rail yard waiting on a ride to the lot.
well thats good to hear! when i placed my order last june it took me a touch over 3 months to just get built. Good to know, the more i see these 23s and that the factory is picking up pace, makes me want on more now lol.

Tater86

Reaction score
Yep, my 23 Powerwagon will let me fold them in going slow, but not at road speeds. I was doing about 7mph and it let me, so 10mph or less sounds about right.
I dislike this features strongly. Too many times going down small back roads and my mirrors getting clipped. It was so nice to be able to fold them in on the fly.

pizzatots

Reaction score
This was discussed a little ways back in this thread but I want to be sure before ordering them that the following AMP research power step for a 19-22 gas truck will fit a 2023 PW?

#AMP76243-01A

Anyone put them on already?

Installed and functioning correctly on my Hemi '23

Capt18

Reaction score
Finally got my 2500 limited last week and it came with short transmission dipstick. Sounds like that recall now has new tube and full length stick .Dealer says since technically mine wasn’t covered under recall can’t get the updated parts! Hard to be covered by recall when wasn’t even built yet anyone else had This come up?

gprguy

Reaction score
About 4-5 months so far for my 5500 and it's built but hasn't shipped. Been sitting in Mexico for roughly 2 months..

If you are going to order a 2023, make sure it actually has the features you want - for example, chassis cabs currently can't get surround cameras or the digital rear view camera, and the 12" cluster has been limited to Level 1 Limited last I checked.

buzzuti

Reaction score
About 4-5 months so far for my 5500 and it's built but hasn't shipped. Been sitting in Mexico for roughly 2 months..

If you are going to order a 2023, make sure it actually has the features you want - for example, chassis cabs currently can't get surround cameras or the digital rear view camera, and the 12" cluster has been limited to Level 1 Limited last I checked.

Really sucks!
Ordered a 5500 Chassis CC Laramie April 5.... Gonna be a bit that's for sure...
The second 22 gal. tank is also one of the culprits from my understanding as well.

gprguy

Reaction score
Really sucks!
Ordered a 5500 Chassis CC Laramie April 5.... Gonna be a bit that's for sure...
The second 22 gal. tank is also one of the culprits from my understanding as well.

Took 2 months for mine to get built since order, and it's been built since Feb 24th. I got the dual tanks, so that wasn't the hold up for me. Mine just ended up at the vendor for some reason. Usually that's Mopar accessories and bed liner, but mine doesn't have any of those obvious suspects.. Hopefully it hasn't been sitting in storage for 2 months waiting for the TTPMS sensor kit to be tossed in the back of the cab. :D

Fred_Cage

Reaction score
@Capt18 , if you really want to have that updated tube and dipstick, you could try to see if you can buy it from the parts department. Recall parts are usually pretty cheap since its all warranty. I worked at a Chrysler dealer about 12 years ago and they had a recall that was basically just a bunch of heat-shrink tubing. I bout 2 bags myself because it was really good stuff...

Eli77657

Reaction score
Anyone here recently signed up for tread lightly? How long did it take to get the membership letter?

Mikebaglini

Reaction score
Someone on the Facebook HD rams group posted that he heard 20,000 trucks suffered hail damage at the plant. I think he meant the port where my and many other trucks are waiting to be shipped. He said inspections are holding things up. If the damage isn't too bad they will repair and if bad enough build a new truck. This sucks either way. Has anyone heard this before??

He and many others had their delivery date changed from April to TBD. Seems this is the reason. Would like confirmation from insiders. Apologies if this has been addressed earlier.

RossWatkins

Cranky
Reaction score
I'm super impressed with the order process right now. I ordered my 2nd Laramie on the 14th April, it was scheduled on the 18th April. My 1st Laramie took 3 months from date of order to schedule. I am skeptical everything will be added to as ordered. MD said the Mopar Deployable Bed Step is out of stock as is the Bed LED lights! Hopefully that's all that's missing this time.

Mikerob14

Reaction score
I'm super impressed with the order process right now. I ordered my 2nd Laramie on the 14th April, it was scheduled on the 18th April. My 1st Laramie took 3 months from date of order to schedule. I am skeptical everything will be added to as ordered. MD said the Mopar Deployable Bed Step is out of stock as is the Bed LED lights! Hopefully that's all that's missing this time.
Sick… if those are indeed out of stock right now that would explain me being stuck in JB for over 3 weeks at the outside vendor. Literally the only outside vendor items I got. Oh well. Here’s to the wait…

Users who are viewing this thread