Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

44Dan44

Reaction score
I was just thinking about this, I have no idea what to even buy! I want a 2wd low setup, and I have to have a 5th wheel hitch of course, then a tonneau cover. But that's all practical, I need some fun stuff too hehe
If you have the factory aux switches, stay tuned ;)

Hemicane

Reaction score
I'm super impressed with the order process right now. I ordered my 2nd Laramie on the 14th April, it was scheduled on the 18th April. My 1st Laramie took 3 months from date of order to schedule. I am skeptical everything will be added to as ordered. MD said the Mopar Deployable Bed Step is out of stock as is the Bed LED lights! Hopefully that's all that's missing this time.
Feel the same, I also ordered a Laramie 2500 from Anthony at MD on Friday, 4/14 and it was scheduled on 4/15... I wasn't aware of the Deployable Bed Step and Bed LED lights issue so hopefully that changes soon.

Attachments

• 2023 Ram2500 Cummins NIght.jpg
    2023 Ram2500 Cummins NIght.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 19

bhal212

Reaction score
You are the man! I'll owe you a cool beverage, mine will be the plain super long white one with the cheapest and ugliest wheels and tires you can get, fortunately I've already got that handled through TireRack :cool: I'm gonna be a month installing parts it feels like but it will be awesome after all that.
Sadly, they keep the factory orders elsewhere, so I couldn't get any pics here is mine though!

Attachments

• 20230424_142655.jpg
    20230424_142655.jpg
    640.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230424_144559.jpg
    20230424_144559.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 47

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Weeeelllllll….super great news today (NOT!) Through the suggestion of a very good friend of mine, I contacted MD to inquire about my truck sitting for so long since my built date (2/8, 76 days ago). It turns out that there is a special hold on my vehicle, coded HD. The HD confirms the rumor of hail, as according to the General Sales Manager, stands for Hail Damage. What in the wild world of sports!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I can’t win for losing…%$#&!

Reaction score
Maybe that’s what happened to mine as well.
Weeeelllllll….super great news today (NOT!) Through the suggestion of a very good friend of mine, I contacted MD to inquire about my truck sitting for so long since my built date (2/8, 76 days ago). It turns out that there is a special hold on my vehicle, coded HD. The HD confirms the rumor of hail, as according to the General Sales Manager, stands for Hail Damage. What in the wild world of sports!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I can’t win for losing…%$#&!

Reaction score
Dang, that really stinks! Bad enough it happened, but they've left it sit there without fixing it or doing anything for almost two months?!

44Dan44

Reaction score
Sadly, they keep the factory orders elsewhere, so I couldn't get any pics here is mine though!
No need to be sad, you actually bring me glad tidings. Now is the time (I suspect) everyone who orders a truck gets just a touch paranoid that it will be sold off the lot before they can pick it up :D so hearing they have them tucked away is just fine with me. Congrats on your Beautiful truck!

bhal212

Reaction score
No need to be sad, you actually bring me glad tidings. Now is the time (I suspect) everyone who orders a truck gets just a touch paranoid that it will be sold off the lot before they can pick it up :D so hearing they have them tucked away is just fine with me. Congrats on your Beautiful truck!
He told me they keep them over there behind a locked fence because of, as you can imagine, the rampant theft in the area. Said that just yesterday (Sunday) someone stole a Hellcat right out of their service department..

Reaction score
Yup, the hail damage occurred between 4/5 and 4/12. My truck was built on 4/5 and went to the yard just to get damaged by hail. Who knows how long it will be now for it to get repaired and shipped out again. What a bummer. This whole process has been frustrating to say the least. My order sat for two months just to be scheduled and then was scheduled and built within two weeks just for this to happen.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Yeesh! You really cannot win for losing! I keep an eye out in here for your posts hoping the truck ships for you since you were in the same group as I was. Sorry to hear that man. Any chance of an 'on the lot' find for you or is yours special order enough that's impossible? I know 2500s and 3500s are still super sparse across all 3 brands except maybe Chevy since everyone wants the revised 24 model.

truckin-on

Reaction score
Ordered 11/1, shipped 4/11. Tracked rail car to Belvidere IL where the car was delivered to the Belvidere plant. Then apparently the truck was un-loaded from the rail car. Rail car is now somewhere in North Dakota... Always assumed once loaded on a rail car, it would stay there until the destination, but I don't know why I would have thought that.

Anyone know what they are using Belvidere for currently? I thought it shut-down recently, so seems a bit strange they would be trans-shipping through there.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Ordered 11/1, shipped 4/11. Tracked rail car to Belvidere IL where the car was delivered to the Belvidere plant. Then apparently the truck was un-loaded from the rail car. Rail car is now somewhere in North Dakota... Always assumed once loaded on a rail car, it would stay there until the destination, but I don't know why I would have thought that.

Anyone know what they are using Belvidere for currently? I thought it shut-down recently, so seems a bit strange they would be trans-shipping through there.
You may want to see if BRV10 has any insight. I'm in Ohio and my rail car was always saying it was way up in Massachusettes when I tracked it. Which made no sense with it coming up from Mexico. Turned out my truck had already been delivered to a holding lot in Ohio before I was even able to track the rail car. So I was tracking an empty railcar using the phone prompt thing. I wouldn't have known that if I didn't ping The Man with that question.

truckin-on

Reaction score
You may want to see if BRV10 has any insight. I'm in Ohio and my rail car was always saying it was way up in Massachusettes when I tracked it. Which made no sense with it coming up from Mexico. Turned out my truck had already been delivered to a holding lot in Ohio before I was even able to track the rail car. So I was tracking an empty railcar using the phone prompt thing. I wouldn't have known that if I didn't ping The Man with that question.
Yes, BRV10 has been very helpful - thanks!!! Strangely, it seems the truck is being re-routed somehow for some reason from Belvedere via Precision Vehicle Logistics. Perhaps Stellantis outsourced the transfer/yard management in Belvedere to them? http://precisionvehicleholding.com/

I'm sure it will eventually get here. More curious than concerned...

Users who are viewing this thread