Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Scherm

Reaction score
Sick… if those are indeed out of stock right now that would explain me being stuck in JB for over 3 weeks at the outside vendor. Literally the only outside vendor items I got. Oh well. Here’s to the wait…
I've been in JB since Feb 25. The clock is ticking down to my Jun RV trip. I have a tow vehicle, so the trip is okay. I have been patient. I am growing tired of the delays. My order went in Sep 2022.

Alligator John

Reaction score
Someone on the Facebook HD rams group posted that he heard 20,000 trucks suffered hail damage at the plant. I think he meant the port where my and many other trucks are waiting to be shipped. He said inspections are holding things up. If the damage isn't too bad they will repair and if bad enough build a new truck. This sucks either way. Has anyone heard this before??

He and many others had their delivery date changed from April to TBD. Seems this is the reason. Would like confirmation from insiders. Apologies if this has been addressed earlier.
Same rumor went around last summer. https://www.ramforum.com/threads/stuck-in-mexico.192569/

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Sick… if those are indeed out of stock right now that would explain me being stuck in JB for over 3 weeks at the outside vendor. Literally the only outside vendor items I got. Oh well. Here’s to the wait…
I’ve been JB over 10 weeks (71 days and counting) and I have watched trucks with my same options loading on a train, including LED bed lights and the deployable steps. There is no rhyme or reason. I think mine is sitting in the back of the yard forgotten about.

Alligator John

Reaction score
I have wondered if it could be as simple as a truck getting parked in an open spot at the back of the parking lot and workers later going for the closest trucks first when loading them for shipment.

gprguy

Reaction score
I’ve been JB over 10 weeks (71 days and counting) and I have watched trucks with my same options loading on a train, including LED bed lights and the deployable steps. There is no rhyme or reason. I think mine is sitting in the back of the yard forgotten about.
54 days JB here, and as far as I know I don't even have any vendor items. I don't even have a bed.

SalMeatballs

Reaction score
Applied through Navy Federal. I have over 800 credit and they preapproved 5.7 for 60. Putting alot down so not sure why I didnt get 4.7 and they don't tell you. Or they are just teasing good rates online but only in super specific cases.
We haven't applied anywhere yet but from past experience with taking loans I've discovered that talking to a human, instead of a form, is the best way to apply. I always say "'You're not the only place I'm getting quotes from and I'll put down anywhere from 5% to 80% based on what gets me the best rate". Then I let them figure it out.

SalMeatballs

Reaction score
Anyone here recently signed up for tread lightly? How long did it take to get the membership letter?
I signed up on 3/16 & received an email with a digital copy on 3/24. My t-shirt arrived around the same time.

Jeeping Nation is an affiliate (free to join) and offers 50% discount on TL membership if you don't already have an affiliate discount.

Eli77657

Reaction score
I signed up on 3/16 & received an email with a digital copy on 3/24. My t-shirt arrived around the same time.

Jeeping Nation is an affiliate (free to join) and offers 50% discount on TL membership if you don't already have an affiliate discount.

I couldn’t find that name (Jeeping Nation) but it’s worth the money considering the savings it’ll bring on the truck so I did that I hope it gets here before my truck gets to the dealer

bhal212

Reaction score
What does TL buy you, if you've already negotiated a price before placing the order? Also, it appears they have a 30-day wait period before you can use the FCA deal.
It depends on the dealer, I suppose. Koons updated my price after I signed up for TL.

truckin-on

Reaction score

What does TL buy you, if you've already negotiated a price before placing the order? Also, it appears they have a 30-day wait period before you can use the FCA deal.

44Dan44

Reaction score
It buys you another $500 off, just like other national incentives, it will stack on the price you negotiated back when you ordered, whatever is current at the time of delivery you can get. Yes, 30 day requirement.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
It buys you another $500 off, just like other national incentives, it will stack on the price you negotiated back when you ordered, whatever is current at the time of delivery you can get. Yes, 30 day requirement.

Not all dealers will offer the additional $500 off. Tread lightly essentially gives a buyer the ability to buy at affiliate pricing, so the majority of dealers will sell at that price which is 1% under invoice.

These forum dealers are already selling at 4% under invoice, a couple grand below affiliate pricing...they are probably passing along a kickback of some sort they receive by tagging the sale as an affiliate sale. That's just my guess b/c ultimately it doesn't matter how they can offer the additional $500 off as long as they offer it. Not 100% sure that Granger offers the additional $500 off.

Also, you wouldn't need tread lightly if you or your spouse are already an affiliate member - easiest way is through a company you/they work for but it can also be a "membership reward" of an association you're already a member of...as that is essentially what Tread lightly is...

here's a list of eligible companies as of last year - 83 pages worth...also can just check on the fca affiliate page for employer eligibility https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/content/dam/affiliate-rewards/pdf/FCA-AR-CompaniesList.pdf

SalMeatballs

Reaction score
I couldn’t find that name (Jeeping Nation) but it’s worth the money considering the savings it’ll bring on the truck so I did that I hope it gets here before my truck gets to the dealer
jeepingnation.com
It's a club, free to join. You'll get a welcome email with an affiliate code. The code sent to me was outdated so i contacted Mandy @ treadlightly (her email is in that welcome email you receive) & she repled within an hour with a working code.

SalMeatballs

Reaction score
I was told 1% off my MD price which comes to $767.
I had no affiliate access and even though I didn't sign up for TL until the day my truck was built I've already hit the 30day mark while waiting for it to ship.

1682117811377.png

44Dan44

Reaction score
Applied through Navy Federal. I have over 800 credit and they preapproved 5.7 for 60. Putting alot down so not sure why I didnt get 4.7 and they don't tell you. Or they are just teasing good rates online but only in super specific cases.
Following up, truck came in, picking it up next Friday. I was going to be more than happy to put them on blast if they were doing a bait and switch but as advertised I got the 4.7%, 850 FICO Score , Transunion pull FWIW. Edit to add: The application software is super janky, I timed out several times just reading through stuff and had to start over. Very suboptimal.
Image 4-21-23 at 7.27 PM 2.jpg

44Dan44

Reaction score
When I get up there on Monday I'll get some pictures for you and @ermster02!
You are the man! I'll owe you a cool beverage, mine will be the plain super long white one with the cheapest and ugliest wheels and tires you can get, fortunately I've already got that handled through TireRack :cool: I'm gonna be a month installing parts it feels like but it will be awesome after all that.

bhal212

Reaction score
You are the man! I'll owe you a cool beverage, mine will be the plain super long white one with the cheapest and ugliest wheels and tires you can get, fortunately I've already got that handled through TireRack :cool: I'm gonna be a month installing parts it feels like but it will be awesome after all that.
I was just thinking about this, I have no idea what to even buy! I want a 2wd low setup, and I have to have a 5th wheel hitch of course, then a tonneau cover. But that's all practical, I need some fun stuff too hehe

Users who are viewing this thread