Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

jsalbre

Reaction score
I know dealers that have allocation, it's the paying full price that's killing me. Atleast with ram you get a good amount off MSRP. Also I will take the promise of adding parts down the line. It gets me the truck when I need it instead of ram just making false promises of shipping and then not doing it. I'm so pissed with ram it's not even funny. 4 months, over 100 emails and the whole time false promises that everything is alright when in reality it's not. At this point I will have wasted 6 months of my life waiting for a truck that won't come all while interest rates have risen and deals on 22 trucks have come and gone.
Fingers crossed for you whichever way you go. If my Rebel doesn’t show up or shows up missing stuff I’ll just wait another year and hope supply has improved by then.

Tater86

Reaction score
Well let's look at it logically. Orders open up 2/12/23 for the sierra which is before the restriction is lifted for ram on 3/1/23. So that's sooner... Andddddd rams are built in Mexico whereas sierras are built in Indiana. That's closer to new York.

So yeah I presume it'll be better.
Where did you find when the orders will open up? I’ve been looking but haven’t been able to find it. Any pricing info yet?

pr3dict

Reaction score
Where did you find when the orders will open up? I’ve been looking but haven’t been able to find it. Any pricing info yet?
Feww dealerships have told me that date as well as a few forums online... Pricing, no clue.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Basically all limited are not being made for the next two months.

Just got this email from FCA corporate:

Logistics advised the combination sales codes (XBT (tire pressure information system) +WL1 (single rear wheels) +JAN (12” cluster display) is currently on material restriction until 3/1/23. This order will not be able to get built until after 3/1/23.

I PLACED MY &%&$%&^*$% order IN SEPTEMBER.
Bummer but at least you got a heads up. My 22 spent 5 months in D status purgatory with no explanation. Took another month to get built after that and another month to leave Mexico. It moved pretty quick after that. I felt fortunate that it didn't get stuck in shipping hell. Hope you get the same luck.

Tater86

Reaction score
Does anyone know what tires come on a 2500 when you order the off road package? Like what brand and model?

cjh1669

Reaction score
Does anyone know what tires come on a 2500 when you order the off road package? Like what brand and model?
Terrible crap ones. They are terrible on anything but dry pavement and wear super quickly. Get rid of the asap

Jimmer22

Reaction score
I’ve found the cooper AT3 XLT were my best bang for my buck tires. Between towing and plowing and just straight tread wearing from driving these have held up the best and I’ve gone through so many types of tires.
Nitto trail grappler, ridge grappler, copper discoverer the mud terrain ones, bf goodrich tires just about every type and even more. And so far these coopers have 48k and still have enough to last probably another year. And I have done some serious towing for lots of miles. And the AT3s have a solid look on them also

Attachments

• 9469ED75-B7F9-4323-8632-A4299CF08DED.jpeg
    9469ED75-B7F9-4323-8632-A4299CF08DED.jpeg
    537.9 KB · Views: 47

Tater86

Reaction score
Terrible crap ones. They are terrible on anything but dry pavement and wear super quickly. Get rid of the asap
Thanks, that’s what I was curious about. Wonder how the resale on them is, haha.

Tater86

Reaction score
I’ve found the cooper AT3 XLT were my best bang for my buck tires. Between towing and plowing and just straight tread wearing from driving these have held up the best and I’ve gone through so many types of tires.
Nitto trail grappler, ridge grappler, copper discoverer the mud terrain ones, bf goodrich tires just about every type and even more. And so far these coopers have 48k and still have enough to last probably another year. And I have done some serious towing for lots of miles. And the AT3s have a solid look on them also
I’ll have to check them out. I usually always went with nitro terra grapplers. The ones I have on my 1500 right now are pushing 65k

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Thanks, that’s what I was curious about. Wonder how the resale on them is, haha.
Well, put it this way- every time I need new tires, I wait for all the new ram owners to take delivery of their brand new trucks and throw on new sets of rims and tires, and I scoop up their takeoffs. I get their night edition rims with transforces for about $1000, mount the tires on mine, and resell the wheels.

cjh1669

Reaction score
Well, put it this way- every time I need new tires, I wait for all the new ram owners to take delivery of their brand new trucks and throw on new sets of rims and tires, and I scoop up their takeoffs. I get their night edition rims with transforces for about $1000, mount the tires on mine, and resell the wheels.
I’ll definitely sell you mine from my 2023. I just took delivery and put on my 2019 18” method wheels and 35 ridge grapplers meant for my 2023

clotagames

Reaction score
May have been covered here already. My local dealer will order a new truck for me but won’t give me a trade in value on my 2022 until new truck is shipped. How is everyone dealing with this?

Users who are viewing this thread