Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

BSN81

Reaction score
I thought it was "JAN" as well. And the "RFA" was for the 12" touchscreen display, or so I thought. But I've also heard that not all standard option codes make it on the list. But the options do. The 12" cluster TFT color display is standard, or was.

phatboy64

Reaction score
The 12” touch screen display is the digital cluster, the 12” Uconnect display is UBQ for the USA market. I don’t know what JAN is..
I thought it was "JAN" as well. And the "RFA" was for the 12" touchscreen display, or so I thought. But I've also heard that not all standard option codes make it on the list. But the options do. The 12" cluster TFT color display is standard, or was.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
The 12” touch screen display is the digital cluster, the 12” Uconnect display is UBQ for the USA market. I don’t know what JAN is..
Stellantis really should have called one of them a different size, even if they would be lying about it.
The 12” touch screen display is the 12” radio screen in the center of the dash (between the driver and passenger seats). The digital cluster (in front of the steering wheel) is the 12” TFT color display.
The sales code for the 12” digit cluster is JAN.
The sales code for the 12” radio touchscreen display is RFA.
The name of the group that Uconnect 5 with the 12” radio touchscreen is in is called UBQ.

93B7E32F-34A2-4AD7-A22F-3FD9F40ACD36.jpeg

77F535BF-B226-4A7D-AE7D-A803D6D72733.jpeg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
So regarding the digital instrument cluster…

Attached is the build sheet for my second ordering attempt, which is a limited with the level one equipment package. I don’t see a JAN code on there which I believe was the code for the digital cluster. Maybe they’ve pulled that from the limiteds as well?

View attachment 49716
I’m not sure what all that stuff is, where it comes from, or how complete it is, but the 12” digital cluster (JAN) is standard equipment on a limited. Here is the build sheet of one that has already been built:

phatboy64

Reaction score
Included in Equipment Groups BASE A69 +
Stellantis really should have called one of them a different size, even if they would be lying about it.
The 12” touch screen display is the 12” radio screen in the center of the dash (between the driver and passenger seats). The digital cluster (in front of the steering wheel) is the 12” TFT color display.
The sales code for the 12” digit cluster is JAN.
The sales code for the 12” radio touchscreen display is RFA.
The name of the group that Uconnect 5 with the 12” radio touchscreen is in is called UBQ.

View attachment 49720

View attachment 49721

Strange...this is right out of the order guide..I moved the Uconnect up to the top but see the first two lines..

Included in Equipment Groups BASE A69

+ 12.0" TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY (RFA)

+ UCONNECT 5 NAV W 12.0" DISPLAY (USA) (UBQ)

+ 17 SPKR HARMAN KARDON PREM. SOUND (RCA)

+ 4 ADJUSTABLE CARGO TIE-DOWN HOOKS (CL2)

+ 4G LTE WI-FI HOT SPOT (RTQ)

+ ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL W/STOP (NH3)

+ ADAPTIVE STEERING SYSTEM (SJE)

+ ALEXA BUILT-IN (RFN)

+ APPLE CARPLAY (RFP)

+ CONNECTED TRAVEL & TRAFFIC SERVICES (RTV)

+ CONNECTIVITY - US/CANADA (RTM)

+ CTR STOP LAMP W/CARGO VIEW CAMERA (LPD)

+ DIGITAL REARVIEW MIRROR (GRG)

+ DISASSOCIATED TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY (RFV)

+ EMERGENCY VEHICLE ALERT SYSTEM(EVAS) (RJC)

+ FOR DETAILS, VISIT DRIVEUCONNECT.COM (X9E)

+ FOR MORE INFO, CALL 800-643-2112 (X9H)

+ FULL SPEED FWD COLLISION WARN PLUS (LSU)

+ GLOBAL TELEMATICS BOX MODULE (TBM) (RDG)

+ GOOGLE ANDROID AUTO (RF5)

+ GPS ANTENNA INPUT (JLP)

+ GPS NAVIGATION (JLN)

+ HD RADIO (RE8)

+ INTEGRATED VOICE COMMAND W/BLUETOOTH (XRB)

+ LANE KEEP ASSIST (LAS)

+ LED BED LIGHTING (LPL)

+ MOPAR SPRAY IN BEDLINER (XMF)

+ OFF-ROAD INFO PAGES (JA8)

+ POWER DEPLOYABLE RUNNING BOARDS (MY7)

+ RAMBOX CARGO MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (XB9)

+ RAMCHARGER WIRELESS CHARGING PAD (RFX)

+ SELECTABLE TIRE FILL ALERT (LA5)

+ SIRIUSXM RADIO SERVICE (X9B)

+ SIRIUSXM WITH 360L (RTU)

+ SURROUND VIEW CAMERA SYSTEM (XAK)

+ TRAILER REVERSE GUIDANCE (XPU)

+ TRAILER TOW PAGES (JA7)

+ TRUCK BED CARGO DIVIDER (CKX)

+ VENDOR PAINTED CARGO BOX (XCM)

+ VENDOR PAINTED CARGO BOX TRACKING (4ZB)

jsalbre

Reaction score
Those two lines are both for the Connect system. The instrument cluster isn't a touchscreen.

The 12" Instrument cluster (JAN) will not show up on the options list from the tracking site because it's standard on the Limited (and on the Longhorn, Power Wagon, and Rebel). They won't list an option that isn't an "option".

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Included in Equipment Groups BASE A69 +

Strange...this is right out of the order guide..I moved the Uconnect up to the top but see the first two lines..

Included in Equipment Groups BASE A69

+ 12.0" TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY (RFA)

+ UCONNECT 5 NAV W 12.0" DISPLAY (USA) (UBQ)

+ 17 SPKR HARMAN KARDON PREM. SOUND (RCA)

+ 4 ADJUSTABLE CARGO TIE-DOWN HOOKS (CL2)

+ 4G LTE WI-FI HOT SPOT (RTQ)

+ ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL W/STOP (NH3)

+ ADAPTIVE STEERING SYSTEM (SJE)

+ ALEXA BUILT-IN (RFN)

+ APPLE CARPLAY (RFP)

+ CONNECTED TRAVEL & TRAFFIC SERVICES (RTV)

+ CONNECTIVITY - US/CANADA (RTM)

+ CTR STOP LAMP W/CARGO VIEW CAMERA (LPD)

+ DIGITAL REARVIEW MIRROR (GRG)

+ DISASSOCIATED TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY (RFV)

+ EMERGENCY VEHICLE ALERT SYSTEM(EVAS) (RJC)

+ FOR DETAILS, VISIT DRIVEUCONNECT.COM (X9E)

+ FOR MORE INFO, CALL 800-643-2112 (X9H)

+ FULL SPEED FWD COLLISION WARN PLUS (LSU)

+ GLOBAL TELEMATICS BOX MODULE (TBM) (RDG)

+ GOOGLE ANDROID AUTO (RF5)

+ GPS ANTENNA INPUT (JLP)

+ GPS NAVIGATION (JLN)

+ HD RADIO (RE8)

+ INTEGRATED VOICE COMMAND W/BLUETOOTH (XRB)

+ LANE KEEP ASSIST (LAS)

+ LED BED LIGHTING (LPL)

+ MOPAR SPRAY IN BEDLINER (XMF)

+ OFF-ROAD INFO PAGES (JA8)

+ POWER DEPLOYABLE RUNNING BOARDS (MY7)

+ RAMBOX CARGO MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (XB9)

+ RAMCHARGER WIRELESS CHARGING PAD (RFX)

+ SELECTABLE TIRE FILL ALERT (LA5)

+ SIRIUSXM RADIO SERVICE (X9B)

+ SIRIUSXM WITH 360L (RTU)

+ SURROUND VIEW CAMERA SYSTEM (XAK)

+ TRAILER REVERSE GUIDANCE (XPU)

+ TRAILER TOW PAGES (JA7)

+ TRUCK BED CARGO DIVIDER (CKX)

+ VENDOR PAINTED CARGO BOX (XCM)

+ VENDOR PAINTED CARGO BOX TRACKING (4ZB)
What you are seeing is a group and it’s items that are included in another group.
Each individual item has a sales code, and each group that individually items are included in have a code. 12” display screen is RFA sales code. It’s an item in the UBQ Uconnect 5 12” group.

Take the AVF group- tow mode digital rear view mirror package.
Two items are included in that group- digital rear view mirror (sales code GRG), and wired tow mode camera (sales code XH7). So, you wouldn’t call the digital rear view mirror itself sales code AVF.

pr3dict

Reaction score
What you are seeing is a group and it’s items that are included in another group.
Each individual item has a sales code, and each group that individually items are included in have a code. 12” display screen is RFA sales code. It’s an item in the UBQ Uconnect 5 12” group.

Two items are included in that group- digital rear view mirror (sales code GRG), and wired tow mode camera (sales code XH7). So, you wouldn’t call the digital rear view mirror itself sales code AVF.
Lol I had an argument about this scenario with my dealership and the ram rep. I dont have RAMBOXDELETE (XB2) listed on my build sheet even though I should and they were like well you also dont have Rambox (XB9) listed either so you are good. and I'm like, I dont work for you but Im pretty sure that the system doesnt list standard options and because I have A69 listed, Its not going to list XB9 separately. They looked at me crosseyed.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Lol I had an argument about this scenario with my dealership and the ram rep. I dont have RAMBOXDELETE (XB2) listed on my build sheet even though I should and they were like well you also dont have Rambox (XB9) listed either so you are good. and I'm like, I dont work for you but Im pretty sure that the system doesnt list standard options and because I have A69 listed, Its not going to list XB9 separately. They looked at me crosseyed.
That’s a little bit different scenario because that is a case of optional equipment taking the place of standard equipment. Since ramboxes are standard equipment on a limited, if you add the 5th wheel/gooseneck group, that will automatically eliminate the ramboxes because they can’t coexist. As long as the 5th wheel group is listed on the POC, that’s how they’re going to build it, even if they don’t see the rambox delete sales code specifically.

phatboy64

Reaction score

Got it…I just didn’t realize that the Uconnect and the screen were two different items,

joeycamp

Reaction score
I am a strange one too. I actually want my 23 to get delayed to around June. That is when I receive a substantial tax refund to help with the down payment.
I ordered my 2022 May 3 was built July 26. I was hoping for a delay. Didn't want to go get it in the deep south (Mark Dodge) in the middle of the summer heat and here I am still waiting for it to ship. So now I'll probably have to drive it all the way home to the northeast in the middle of winter hoping there is no snowstorm when I get it.

pr3dict

Reaction score
That’s a little bit different scenario because that is a case of optional equipment taking the place of standard equipment. Since ramboxes are standard equipment on a limited, if you add the 5th wheel/gooseneck group, that will automatically eliminate the ramboxes because they can’t coexist. As long as the 5th wheel group is listed on the POC, that’s how they’re going to build it, even if they don’t see the rambox delete sales code specifically.
idk if I agree with that. I agree that the 5th wheel prep and the rambox cannot coexist but from what I know about supply chain logistics, they would need to have the rambox delete code on the build template or the automated logistics systems will not know what to build... Basically, the scheduling system doesnt know that 5th wheel prep and standard ramboxes cannot coexist. Thats why there is a rambox delete code. To put those specific trucks into a new bucket. Im not explaining this as good as I usually would but think of the logistics system as a logical do this if you see this type of system. it doesnt have the ability to reason. If that was the case then there wouldnt be specific codes to take off specific build parts, the system would just know.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
idk if I agree with that. I agree that the 5th wheel prep and the rambox cannot coexist but from what I know about supply chain logistics, they would need to have the rambox delete code on the build template or the automated logistics systems will not know what to build... Basically, the scheduling system doesnt know that 5th wheel prep and standard ramboxes cannot coexist. Thats why there is a rambox delete code. To put those specific trucks into a new bucket. Im not explaining this as good as I usually would but think of the logistics system as a logical do this if you see this type of system. it doesnt have the ability to reason. If that was the case then there wouldnt be specific codes to take off specific build parts, the system would just know.
That’s the thing- there normally aren’t specific sales codes for deleting items that are standard equipment replaced by optional equipment. Just like there’s no sales code for auto high beam delete when you get the DRVM without adding FCW when it’s standard on a longhorn.
The only reason the rambox delete code exists is because it was an individual option in previous years, and they should have scrubbed that sales code altogether for this year. When you build the truck online, it even cautions you that adding 5th wheel prep group to a limited will remove the ramboxes.

Farm boy

Reaction score
I ordered my 2022 May 3 was built July 26. I was hoping for a delay. Didn't want to go get it in the deep south (Mark Dodge) in the middle of the summer heat and here I am still waiting for it to ship. So now I'll probably have to drive it all the way home to the northeast in the middle of winter hoping there is no snowstorm when I get it.
The man brv10 just gave me an update on mine. ordered 2/22/22 built 7/27/22 It just got loaded on a train and headed north to east central Indiana

joeycamp

Reaction score
The man brv10 just gave me an update on mine. ordered 2/22/22 built 7/27/22 It just got loaded on a train and headed north to east central Indiana
Awesome news. I guess the tracker doesn't have a shipping date? Built 1 day before you, maybe we were parked together in the far reaches of the lot.

Lst1504

Reaction score
Awesome news. I guess the tracker doesn't have a shipping date? Built 1 day before you, maybe we were parked together in the far reaches of the lot.
My shipped date didn't show up till 4 days after actually put on train, and just for shipping time, my truck got loaded 12\21 and the rail car is due at freight yard Jacksonville FL 1/5. csx tracking is very up to date

Tater86

Reaction score
My shipped date didn't show up till 4 days after actually put on train, and just for shipping time, my truck got loaded 12\21 and the rail car is due at freight yard Jacksonville FL 1/5. csx tracking is very up to date
Are you talking about a 2023 truck or a 2022 truck? Just curious because some folks have been posting about their 2022's on this thread.

Farm boy

Reaction score
The tracker ship date is 7/27/22 still not updated. Delivery is still TBD

Lst1504

Reaction score
I
Are you talking about a 2023 truck or a 2022 truck? Just curious because some folks have been posting about their 2022's on this thread.
It's a 22 but just giving a little insight into shipping info and time

Users who are viewing this thread