Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

jsalbre

Reaction score
You can, I was just messaged by MD and its in my updated order.

I think ill be calling them Monday to place an order.
I’m not sure that’s possible. The trailer steering knob goes where the aux switches are.

jsalbre

Reaction score
You don’t have the trailer technology group on your build, so you don’t have the trailer reverse guidance.

jsalbre

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, A69 on the limited comes with it.
A69 contains “Trailer Reverse Guidance (XPU)”, but not “Trailer Reverse Steering Control (XA1)”, which is only in the Trailer Technology Group (AVS).

Edit:

To clarify, “Trailer Reverse Guidance” is just the view back from both side mounted cameras. It’s supposed to help you back a trailer easier.

Last edited:

Ironsides77

Reaction score
A69 contains “Trailer Reverse Guidance (XPU)”, but not “Trailer Reverse Steering Control (XA1)”, which is only in the Trailer Technology Group (AVS).

Edit:

To clarify, “Trailer Reverse Guidance” is just the view back from both middle mounted cameras. It’s supposed to help you back a trailer easier.
Thank you for the clarification on that sir!

Can anyone chime in with their opinions on Aux switches vs the trailer reverse steering control?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification on that sir!

Can anyone chime in with their opinions on Aux switches vs the trailer reverse steering control?

I guess it depends if you need help backing a trailer, or would rather have those Aux switches.

If the Trailer Reverse Steering Control (XA1) is mandatory to get other tech and removes the AUX switches, that might be a deal killer for me if I was shopping a 23.

Ironsides77

Reaction score
I guess it depends if you need help backing a trailer, or would rather have those Aux switches.

If the Trailer Reverse Steering Control (XA1) is mandatory to get other tech and removes the AUX switches, that might be a deal killer for me if I was shopping a 23.

I wont get XA1. After looking into my build, mine will come with aux switches.

I was going to ask you if you knew anything about the GRG rear view mirror. It comes with A69 and was hoping it was the updated mirror.

No credit for RamBox delete still. That kinda sucks.

View attachment 44445
I forgot to mention that when I posted this!

I reached out to MD about it and it is confirmed, they will not be crediting for the delete :(

bigwtx

Reaction score
Sounds like A69 is currently not available for the 2023 Limited 3500, according to Mark Dodge. Anyone hearing anything different?

FLARam

Reaction score
How long after placing a 2023 order with your dealer did you receive a VIN?

jsalbre

Reaction score
No credit for RamBox delete still. That kinda sucks.

View attachment 44445
I don’t understand why they can’t get their crap together. I need a new HD this year, but I’m not going to order a truck that doesn’t have the features I want. It’s all making me wonder if I’d be best served getting a stripper tradesman this year and trading it for a limited done up the way I want next year or the following when Ram finally figures everything out.

Last edited:

Ironsides77

Reaction score
Sounds like A69 is currently not available for the 2023 Limited 3500, according to Mark Dodge. Anyone hearing anything different?
MD has not told me this. I have a limited build and have heard nothing of the sort.

Ill let you know tomorrow when I make my order.

Wanderlust

Reaction score
Working on an order for a 2023 Power Wagon. They got rid of the off-road package, you can still add the Mopar rock rails, but no options for wheels.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 2.51.22 PM.png

dakejohnson

Reaction score
Just completed an order far a 2023 Limited 3500 with A69 included on Thursday at my local ram dealer.

SPD//DMN

Reaction score
Is Ram accepting Laramie orders with the Safety Group (AAU) and Tow Tech Group (AAN) or are they still only available on Limited and Longhorn trims? Anyone know?
Yes, as of today both options are available on the Laramie 2500 - DJ7P81. Unfortunately, the power running boards are not available for the Laramie mega Cab.

Last edited:

SPD//DMN

Reaction score
Working on ordering a MC - SRW Laramie 2500 - DJ7P81. Unfortunately, same exterior color options as 2022. Perhaps they'll offer new colors as late availability options?

Aneura

Reaction score
A69 is the limited group.. It’s on the order I placed with them a couple weeks ago… I haven’t been notified of any changes. That would be a deal breaker for me.

Users who are viewing this thread