Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

pr3dict

Reaction score
Priced out loaded limited 3500 and a loaded Laramie 3500 (both diesel) and the price difference is almost $10,000.
Limited $96,365 MSRP
Laramie $86,855 MSRP
The ordering sheets provided here and on the forums for the limited and Laramie differ and it’s aparent in the pricing.

Can anyone tell me if this sounds accurate?

The price sheet I had for the Laramie had more up to date options listed compared to the Limited, the new mirrors for example.

This was mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm curious what the difference is for $10k. The interior isn't 10k nicer.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Someone pointed out in another thread that there are a number of items on the Limited that aren’t available on the Laramie anymore. A number of those items that are options on the Laramie are also standard on the Limited, like the above mentioned mirrors.

ollicat

Reaction score
Well, I just tried with Sandi at MD to order a Laramie Mega Hemi with Level 2 Equipment group (A67). She said it is not available on the 2023, yet it is showing on the pdf document that was released on 8/24. Now I am confused.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Just placed my order for a 3500 Limited Megacab as well. Freaking out a little because this is the most expensive thing I've ever purchased next to my house haha. Let's hope we get these things before Q1 2023 (doubtful but I'm hoping)

1662908272286.png

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Just placed my order for a 3500 Limited Megacab as well. Freaking out a little because this is the most expensive thing I've ever purchased next to my house haha. Let's hope we get these things before Q1 2023 (doubtful but I'm hoping)

View attachment 44140
No Aux switches or package? You might regret that.

pr3dict

Reaction score
No Aux switches or package? You might regret that.
I thought about it and couldn't figure out what I would need it for. When I was a volunteer firefighter I would have jumped on that ina heart beat. However I'm not going to use this for plowing or have any other lights etc to wire up.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought about it and couldn't figure out what I would need it for. When I was a volunteer firefighter I would have jumped on that ina heart beat. However I'm not going to use this for plowing or have any other lights etc to wire up.
K, I use for under hood lights (you could external mount a manual or hood activated switch), a 2-Low box (you could use their supplied switch if you want to drill holes) and a reverse light setup (still to be completed). A plow setup wouldn't use the Aux switches. Most use them for Aux lighting or controlling accessory power add-ons as the 21+ trucks with Aux switches have 5 in-cab passthru circuits.

Last edited:

pr3dict

Reaction score
I haven't done much reading about it but I imagine it's something I couod order later on if I wanted? I used to work for an upfitter as a kid so I know my way around for running wires etc.

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
I haven't done much reading about it but I imagine it's something I couod order later on if I wanted? I used to work for an upfitter as a kid so I know my way around for running wires etc.
I thought I read it's tricky to add the OEM switches after the fact. There's are a couple third-party solutions. But they cost more than the OEM option.

Personally, I'd see if it could be added to your order. I don't think they should make any HDs without them.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Orders been accepted already. I'm under the impression no changes

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
I thought I read it's tricky to add the OEM switches after the fact. There's are a couple third-party solutions. But they cost more than the OEM option.

Personally, I'd see if it could be added to your order. I don't think they should make any HDs without them.
Truth! All HDs should have aux switches. Aftermarket looks like garbage for one. And having to wire up yourself is awful. Oem is plug and play basically.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Well crap now you have me second guessing my order

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Its likely not to late if you havent slid into D1. You just cant beat how clean the ram aux switches are.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Talk to me about d1 what's what. The dealer said I should have a vin in the next few days

Bcrouse

Reaction score
I was in the same boat. Couldnt think of anything id use them with. Didnt have them on my last truck and didnt have a need/want for them then. I also like the switches better for t/h mode, exhaust break and the parking sensors without the aux buttons (that makes them flat push buttons)

Up to you.

Aneura

Reaction score
Same here, I just emailed my Dealer.. I didn't think I missed anything, but I seemed to have missed this... hope thats all I screwed up! Anyone see anything else I missed?

2022-09-10_14-05-44.png

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not available as a dealer install or parts kit order on the HD trucks. There's a big thread on adding AUX here:

Thisnthat

Reaction score
I was in the same boat. Couldnt think of anything id use them with. Didnt have them on my last truck and didnt have a need/want for them then. I also like the switches better for t/h mode, exhaust break and the parking sensors without the aux buttons (that makes them flat push buttons)

Up to you.

same here.

we have a 21 2500 tradesman with the aux switches (bought off the lot) and I personally like the toggle switches vs the flat buttons so I made sure to not include the aux switches on my 22 dually order.

Users who are viewing this thread