Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

Darmichar

Reaction score
I think uconnect 5 could be very good but first they have some serious issues to iron out. It is showing promise, but I don't think it wasn't polished enough to be released. It wouldn't hurt for them to listen to feedback from those that actually use the truck in non-city settings, such as the non adjustable blinding brightness during reverse. There are a lot of software features that could be added to put it in a different class.
They have improved several things over the uconnect 4, such as when you turn the screen, off the screen and the backlight are actually turned off. This is great for those long dark stretches of highway.
Don't get me wrong, when it works I absolutely love it and it was a major selling point for me on the truck as I plan on having it for a while. I understand there are growing pains that come with any new system, but these are 'fatal flaws' that should have been caught prior to it being shipped out to customers.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Today when I got home an update was available for my truck from FCA-MY22.S21D.5-PROD to FCA-MY22.S23.13-PROD so I installed it and we will see how this one works out, I don't have wifi turned on either so it does it over the air.

FCA-MY22.S23.13-PROD.JPG

Darmichar

Reaction score
Today when I got home an update was available for my truck from FCA-MY22.S21D.5-PROD to FCA-MY22.S23.13-PROD so I installed it and we will see how this one works out, I don't have wifi turned on either so it does it over the air.

View attachment 31347
Must be a 3500 thing, not available for my 2500.

sstoner911

Reaction score
It's just a matter of time...it will come when it comes. Iam still on B also..

Attachments

• 20220204_154934.jpg
    20220204_154934.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 26

sstoner911

Reaction score
I don't want an update...then things may stop working!

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
The only thing I can report on the FCA-MY22.S23.13-PROD update is maybe the backup camera clarity might be just a bit better (maybe).

Last edited:

wolfpack

Reaction score
What’s the trick to getting it to update? I’ve sat in my driveway with it connected to my Wi-Fi and nothing happens. Do I need to sit in it for hours with the key on?

I’m a 2500 gasser on version S21C.6

Darmichar

Reaction score
What’s the trick to getting it to update? I’ve sat in my driveway with it connected to my Wi-Fi and nothing happens. Do I need to sit in it for hours with the key on?

I’m a 2500 gasser on version S21C.6
I went to dinner last night and was notified of the update when I stopped and parked in the parking lot of the restaurant. Didn't want to do it then so I shut the truck off and went in. I have since tried 3 times to get it to show back up with no success. I'm curious to see if it's able to be forced as well.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I don't think it can be forced. It comes when comes.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I was driving for about 2.5 hrs. The next time I started it, it said the update was completed. Seems like it auto installed in the background while I was driving.

wolfpack

Reaction score
I’m in my driveway now so I’ll just leave it connected to the Wi-Fi in accessory mode for an hour or two and see what happens. Anyone know what the current version is for the 2500 hemi?

wolfpack

Reaction score
And CarPlay is totally messed in this D version. Once an app goes full screen you’re stuck in it forever.

Total garbage. FCA Fail. Fail, fail, fail. Just sad.

JimKIII

Reaction score
These OTA UConnect updates with no user control is CRAP!!! We MUST be given the option to install when we want. Every computer I've ever owned gives me the option to see what the update is and install when I want to - if I want to. This garbage of updating at the whim of FCA is extremely poor business. I don't give hoot if they think there are liability issues. I can't imagine anything to do with these Uconnect systems is SOOOOO critical that we can't control our own updates. Updates to the drive-train systems - sure I can see where FCA would need to push out CRITICAL updates when they need to, But not these bug-ridden Uconnect deals. Or am I missing something and the UConnect systems actually are critical devices to the safety of the truck?

Shark Bait

Reaction score
Mine updated yesterday, and so far so good, dare I say it. I have not attempted to use Android Auto yet. I'm reluctant to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread