Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

Darmichar

Reaction score
I have had my Power Wagon for less than a week and it has major issues with my phone. I think I'll do a hard reset and then check for software updates.
Please report back on the factory reset. I was going to do it yesterday but was away from the house when I was having issues.
The truck is new to me so I'm not losing many settings if I do it now, but if it doesn't 'fix' any issues I'm not going to mess with it.

Erik

Reaction score
I think you are the exception...not that it makes you feel any better... But Iam not seeing people with a lot of issues here or other forums.
I have the same version of UConnect software as you and have not had the same behavior from my UConnect.

I have had my " my pages" reset after using AlphaOBD...but I kind of expect that after that kind of thing.
My 27 days with uconnect 5 has been an absolute frustration. To reiterate another’s comment, my wife’s 2016 subaru radio system has NEVER had a problem. Why was this system released to the public? I can’t even use my cargo camera because the ”fix” is not scheduled to be released until the end on March… WTF?

Shark Bait

Reaction score
Please report back on the factory reset. I was going to do it yesterday but was away from the house when I was having issues.
The truck is new to me so I'm not losing many settings if I do it now, but if it doesn't 'fix' any issues I'm not going to mess with it.
Right, same here. I have nothing to lose by trying.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I’ve done a factory reset. Took it to the dealer. Had them do.“Dealer” reset. Supposedly something they could do I couldn’t. Do a soft reset every day or two. Like someone else said, some days it works perfectly. Others it’s like it has a mind of its own. Just sitting here at the bus stop with my son messing with it. So frustrating.

Shark Bait

Reaction score
Different matter... What do you guys use to keep the big 12" screen clean?

sstoner911

Reaction score
I’ve done a factory reset. Took it to the dealer. Had them do.“Dealer” reset. Supposedly something they could do I couldn’t. Do a soft reset every day or two. Like someone else said, some days it works perfectly. Others it’s like it has a mind of its own. Just sitting here at the bus stop with my son messing with it. So frustrating.

You can do a soft rest and factory reset from the Settings menu.

CharlieL

Reaction score
Truly - I'm not trying to poke the bear with this comment! Well, okay - not too very much that is; so don't beat up too badly on me, ok?

Maybe much of the UC5 issues are related to the 12" screen. I have the "little brother" 8.4 screen in my 2022 2500. After the last software download (running version S21C.6), my system has been essentially rock solid. First thing I did after the updated downloaded was a factory reset. Since then, I can report the "glitchiness" has not resurfaced. The only complaint I can make is about the diesel prices showing up, or not. These are now there most of the time, but occasionally the fuel price will default to regular gas. Doing a soft reset solves that every time & the diesel prices return in short order. I do usually have to wait a few minutes for the info to populate, but the more I think about that, this is not unexpected. Where the heck does this info come from & how can my truck even know this? Gas station location info is one thing - to me that's pretty simple as part of a database as most gas stations don't move very often. But price info - and current prices at that - how is this info relayed to my truck????? If having - or not having- current fuel prices displayed on a screen in my dash is the worst complaint I can have about the UC5 in my truck, to me that's pretty insignificant, all things considered. Since I got my license in 1973, this is the first vehicle I've driven that even has such info.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Truly - I'm not trying to poke the bear with this comment! Well, okay - not too very much that is; so don't beat up too badly on me, ok?

Maybe much of the UC5 issues are related to the 12" screen. I have the "little brother" 8.4 screen in my 2022 2500. After the last software download (running version S21C.6), my system has been essentially rock solid. First thing I did was after the updated downloaded was a factory reset. Since then, I can report the "glitchiness" has not resurfaced. The only complaint I can make is about the diesel prices showing up, or not. These are now there most of the time, but occasionally the fuel price will default to regular gas. Doing a soft reset solves that every time & the diesel prices return in short order. I do usually have to wait a few minutes for the info to populate, but the more I think about that, this is not unexpected. Where the heck does this info come from & how can my truck even know this? Gas station location info is one thing - to me that's pretty simple as part of a database as most gas stations don't move very often. But price info - and current prices at that - how is this info relayed to my truck????? If having - or not having- current fuel prices displayed on a screen in my dash is the worst complaint I can have about the UC5 in my truck, to me that's pretty insignificant, all things considered. Since I got my license in 1973, tthis is the first vehicle I've driven that even has such info.
I still have 21.B software and I can't really complain about the 12" screen.

I don't get Diesel fuel prices but I did right after I got the truck but that suddenly went away.

The weather app is hit or miss....the gauges in the boff road pages work ecoer the coolant temp I had to to soft reset to get that to work. Every thing else has been good...knock on wood

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Woke up to an email from Ram Connect saying my services had been “reconnected” and extended three months to 6/19/2022.

Must be a “sorry you haven’t been able to enjoy your Uconnect system yet”.

BTW, I haven’t complained to anyone at Ram. This was out of the blue.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I was reading on some other forums of different car brands where they have a lot of issues with Android Auto and disconnects....one person fixed that by clearing the cache in Google Play...no idea how the two are related.

Maui Time

Reaction score
I just posted this same reply in another thread. I have had qlitch issues from day one in my 12" system on my PW that I picked up on December 31st. I took it to the dealer who told me that they needed to order me another system and would call me when it came in. I got a call Friday from the service guy who told me that he is now told that it is not the console system but rather an update that Uconnect is working on to address all of the issues and they would let me know when it comes out. Of course, I am not holding my breath.

Darmichar

Reaction score
I just posted this same reply in another thread. I have had qlitch issues from day one in my 12" system on my PW that I picked up on December 31st. I took it to the dealer who told me that they needed to order me another system and would call me when it came in. I got a call Friday from the service guy who told me that he is now told that it is not the console system but rather an update that Uconnect is working on to address all of the issues and they would let me know when it comes out. Of course, I am not holding my breath
Yeah, I've given up on messing with it and will wait for the next update. Had 2 days of really good operation then it went to hell in a handbasket yesterday and barely worked at all.
I've tried everything I can think of to make sure it isn't something I'm doing, but it's clearly a software issue that desperately needs addressed.

2019_Ram

Reaction score
Had an odd issue today.
Sitting in the truck with it running, shut it off, jumped out closing the door to put a box in the bed, jumped back in after about 30 seconds and started it. Uconnect screen was off. Everything seemed to still work, but couldn't get the screen to come back on.
Stopped a few minutes later, turned the truck off, opened the door, closed then started it again - screen still remained off. Held the power button down (20 sec or so) til the radio shut off - no change.
Drove about 30 miles with no screen, but everything seemed to work including the heated seats that were roasting my backside and couldn't be turned off. Was out of the truck for about an hour, then jumped in and started it with the screen coming on and working with no issues. I'm assuming it went into a deep sleep during that hour shutdown and that reset something?

Is there a way to force a reset besides the power button if this happens again without needing to wait for it to go into a deep sleep?

I'm irritated that without the screen alive I lost all control of many truck functions that would be deemed critical.

Maui Time

Reaction score
Had an odd issue today.
Sitting in the truck with it running, shut it off, jumped out closing the door to put a box in the bed, jumped back in after about 30 seconds and started it. Uconnect screen was off. Everything seemed to still work, but couldn't get the screen to come back on.
Stopped a few minutes later, turned the truck off, opened the door, closed then started it again - screen still remained off. Held the power button down (20 sec or so) til the radio shut off - no change.
Drove about 30 miles with no screen, but everything seemed to work including the heated seats that were roasting my backside and couldn't be turned off. Was out of the truck for about an hour, then jumped in and started it with the screen coming on and working with no issues. I'm assuming it went into a deep sleep during that hour shutdown and that reset something?

Is there a way to force a reset besides the power button if this happens again without needing to wait for it to go into a deep sleep?

I'm irritated that without the screen alive I lost all control of many truck functions that would be deemed critical.
The only way I know to do a reset is a soft reset where you push both of the buttons (volume & tuner) at the same time for about 10-20 seconds. The screen will go black and reset after a minute or two. Sometimes it works for me.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Had an odd issue today.

Press and hold the center of the radio “volume” and “tune “ knobs for about 30 seconds or so. Unit will do soft reset.

Shark Bait

Reaction score
The factory reset did help quite a bit with many of my issues. The main problem it still has is dropping and reconnecting to my phone all the time. Then it finally drops my phone completely, but I can reconnect to it. Very glitchy. I sure hope they are putting real effort into resolving this. Nobody wants to spend this amount of money and have problems.

Darmichar

Reaction score
Had an odd issue today.

This is my primary concern, currently. I can live with the CarPlay intermittently dropping as a radio reset seems to correct it for a short period of time.
I had the system 'crash' on me the other day while it was still warming the cab up to temp and the HVAC controls locked on at full blast and full heat.
The manual buttons around the perimeter of the screen didn't seem to respond when the system was inoperable, either. That, to me, is a deal breaker unless it is corrected quickly.

EJP

Reaction score
Had an odd issue today.

happens all the time with mine. I've had it replaced 3 times, and now they are replacing the screen too

2019_Ram

Reaction score
I think uconnect 5 could be very good but first they have some serious issues to iron out. It is showing promise, but I don't think it wasn't polished enough to be released. It wouldn't hurt for them to listen to feedback from those that actually use the truck in non-city settings, such as the non adjustable blinding brightness during reverse. There are a lot of software features that could be added to put it in a different class.
They have improved several things over the uconnect 4, such as when you turn the screen, off the screen and the backlight are actually turned off. This is great for those long dark stretches of highway.

I still want them to add a screen where I am able to see the air pressure in the rear bags. Few trips to the scale and I could quickly gauge how much weight is on the rear end.

Users who are viewing this thread