Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

ClawSS

Reaction score
I'm going to start tracking, testing, tracing my actions when I get out and back in (like arriving at home, then leaving out the next morning). Right now I have an option checked for "last action" or something other than just "on" when I start the truck.
Maybe there is some correlation.

It is a fun little mind game to play to guess which screen will come up in the morning first. Mostly the App screen that I can assure you is NOT the last screen it was on when shut down. One time it actually came up on my Home screen, which is where I left it. I can also remember it coming up on Climate, which was a new one to me. CarPlay is engaged and if I get a txt, then it flips over to the CarPlay full screen and just stays there without going back Home where it started. Ugh!

First world problems.

Jsboening

Reaction score
Did you try opening the driver's door after shutting the truck off? Thats what it takes to get mine to stop buzzing. It has happened twice now
I can’t say that I did. I was driving up north to meet a contractor and just shut the truck off and came back later with tools to disconnect the battery. I didn’t try to restart it before I disconnected the battery. The buzzing hasn’t happened again.

Jsboening

Reaction score
I'm going to start tracking, testing, tracing my actions when I get out and back in (like arriving at home, then leaving out the next morning). Right now I have an option checked for "last action" or something other than just "on" when I start the truck.
Maybe there is some correlation.

It is a fun little mind game to play to guess which screen will come up in the morning first. Mostly the App screen that I can assure you is NOT the last screen it was on when shut down. One time it actually came up on my Home screen, which is where I left it. I can also remember it coming up on Climate, which was a new one to me. CarPlay is engaged and if I get a txt, then it flips over to the CarPlay full screen and just stays there without going back Home where it started. Ugh!

First world problems.
Mines the same way. I’ve tried rearranging the home pages several times and it always reverts to the page IT wants. I give up.

baker01

Reaction score
I can’t say that I did. I was driving up north to meet a contractor and just shut the truck off and came back later with tools to disconnect the battery. I didn’t try to restart it before I disconnected the battery. The buzzing hasn’t happened again.
Mine has done it three times. Next time try the turning it off, open the door {turns off power to the 12" display), shut door after 10-15 seconds and restart.

Jsboening

Reaction score
Mine has done it three times. Next time try the turning it off, open the door {turns off power to the 12" display), shut door after 10-15 seconds and restart.
Thanks for the heads up

Beldin

Reaction score
Today mine froze up while listening to Sirius xm. It froze and gave off a loud humming buzzing sound. I could not reboot it with the power knob and had to listen to it for an hour before I made it to our cottage. Even shutting the damn truck off would not stop it. As soon as I started the truck back up the humming buzzing noise returned. I had to actually disconnect the battery for a few minutes before it stopped. I got a new phone a couple weeks ago in mainly because it’s battery capacity was shot, but I was also curious to see if the new phone got along better with the Uconnect. No dice.
I have run into this as well, but only a couple times so far. Fortunately, mine only buzzes for a couple minutes and then reboots. The whole system hangs until what I think is watch dog timer reset only the microprocessor. Yours should have rebooted on its own.

Darmichar

Reaction score
I have run into this as well, but only a couple times so far. Fortunately, mine only buzzes for a couple minutes and then reboots. The whole system hangs until what I think is watch dog timer reset only the microprocessor. Yours should have rebooted on its own.
This has been my experience as well. Mine is usually triggered by high processor usage (quick scroll of the map in Navigation for example) and the system will start to become unstable.
It will start to make odd noises and generally decline until it locks up.
If I let it sit it will ultimately lock up and soft reboot, but this seldom corrects the issues completely.
I am an impatient person and will generally force reboot it with the power knob when I start hearing it self destructing.

Jsboening

Reaction score
Should be a great system once Ram moves on to the next and abandons us.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
This has been my experience as well. Mine is usually triggered by high processor usage (quick scroll of the map in Navigation for example) and the system will start to become unstable.
It will start to make odd noises and generally decline until it locks up.
If I let it sit it will ultimately lock up and soft reboot, but this seldom corrects the issues completely.
I am an impatient person and will generally force reboot it with the power knob when I start hearing it self destructing.
Hello Darmichar,

Thank you for grabbing our attention on this. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Should you wish to discuss this further, please send us a PM, we'd be happy to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

Beldin

Reaction score
Hello Darmichar,

Thank you for grabbing our attention on this. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Should you wish to discuss this further, please send us a PM, we'd be happy to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares
Nice to see Ram being proactive.

Darmichar

Reaction score
Nice to see Ram being proactive.
I see you're new here, probably having similar issues with your uConnect system since you're here. Don't let them fool you.
Proactive would have been the first time I reported this issue back in January when I bought the truck, not 10 months later after multiple posts here.
It's absolutely clear they have no idea what they're doing over there in the software department, so I'll just wait it out.

Beldin

Reaction score
I see you're new here, probably having similar issues with your uConnect system since you're here. Don't let them fool you.
Proactive would have been the first time I reported this issue back in January when I bought the truck, not 10 months later after multiple posts here.
It's absolutely clear they have no idea what they're doing over there in the software department, so I'll just wait it out.

This my first Ram product, but we had a Pacifica, and it had a similar issue... I am not holding my breath.

Beldin

Reaction score
Thank you. 16.4 GB is a big update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jsboening

Reaction score
Ram chat is useless. Their job is to provide the illusion someone cares. If they gave two $hits they’d go down to the basement and slap that engineer awake and get him working on a solution. They’re just going to stall until this red headed step child can be swept under the rug.

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
First time I've had the buzzing, I've had the truck since last October. I was listening to carplay - when it started crapping out I switched to FM. Changed the station once and then I got the buzzing. Interface was unresponsive. After about 30s the whole thing rebooted and the buzzing was gone.

jebruns

Reaction score
Only glitch so far on my month old uConnect 5 12" is that you never know what screen will come up when you start the truck. Easy to hit the Home button though, so I can live with it..

Jsboening

Reaction score
Only glitch so far on my month old uConnect 5 12" is that you never know what screen will come up when you start the truck. Easy to hit the Home button though, so I can live with it..
The only problem with that is the default Home Screen always changes on mine. It doesn’t seem to matter how many times I rearrange than.

jebruns

Reaction score
The only problem with that is the default Home Screen always changes on mine. It doesn’t seem to matter how many times I rearrange than.
I've not had that issue. Yeah, that would be a pisser.

Users who are viewing this thread