Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

waveslayer

Reaction score
Re: Carplay, my wifes car is an '18 Explorer. I've upgrade the from Sync3.0 to Sync3.4 - both versions of it had carplay work flawlessly (granted not wireless, but even the if I delete wireless setup and deny wireless when re-setting up it still crashes).

Even better feature of the ford - when a text comes in, it doesn't flash to the Carplay to show the notifcation, it's able to do it over the Sync UI. And when on the Carplay UI, adjusting something via buttons will just have the Sync Notification over the Carplay UI. None of this switching screens back and forth.

Uconnect compared to Sync - Sync has it beat easily.
Amen, I 100% agree. I was never a major fan of Sync 3, but now having a Ram... I'd take Sync 3 hands down over Uconnect BS

Darmichar

Reaction score
Amen, I 100% agree. I was never a major fan of Sync 3, but now having a Ram... I'd take Sync 3 hands down over Uconnect BS
Agreed. Have driven a couple of ford rentals. The sync system was really nice and worked flawlessly.

Jsboening

Reaction score
200 mile road trip today. Had to reboot the system 3 times due to it just going blank. On top of that it constantly drops CarPlay and randomly goes to different screens like it’s possessed. Also my radio presets are constantly disappearing. WTH RAM this system is not ready for prime time.

Jsboening

Reaction score
Yeah. Mine updated two days ago. Still have a lot of reboots happening. CarPlay seems to disconnect a lot and now my widgets keep disappearing. driving by a couple hundred miles today. Maybe it’ll sort itself out. It’s a train wreck.

tkabrick

Reaction score
Anyone have the latest update file? I think it's 26.15 now
There's a post on the 5th Gen Ram forum with the update file. I manually updated using it to the 26.15 version and finally stopped losing my climate icons every night

zGhillie

Reaction score
I was hoping it helps CarPlay bought the new iPhone now the truck mic can’t hardly hear me and it disconnects frequently

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Anyone have the latest update file? I think it's 26.15 now

I was hoping it helps CarPlay bought the new iPhone now the truck mic can’t hardly hear me and it disconnects frequently
zGhillie,

Do you know what your software level is currently at? Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Yeah. Mine updated two days ago. Still have a lot of reboots happening. CarPlay seems to disconnect a lot and now my widgets keep disappearing. driving by a couple hundred miles today. Maybe it’ll sort itself out. It’s a train wreck.
Jsboening,

Please give it a few days after the update have been installed. Please keep us posted with your feedback. If you wish to discuss this further, please send us a PM, we're always happy to assist.

William
Ram Cares

zGhillie

Reaction score
Mine has been having issues since I picked it up with the 12” uconnect 5 some issues have been fixed with the updates but it still has some major ones. Hopefully it gets figured out. I sent ram a pm with a couple of my issues maybe they know a fix.

VictoryDaveAZ

Reaction score
I have the latest update on my UC5 12. Mine always starts with it opening the Apps page. Is there a way to set it to turn on with the HOME screen. With 3 or 4 pages linked on it? Also, when on Home page, try to expand one of the saved pages, you have to click the expand page icon twice to open it. The first touch of it causes a slight blink of the Home screen. 2nd touch opens the app.

ClawSS

Reaction score
My screen also opens to the apps page each morning. Odd even with the "last" setting enabled. I have experienced the blanked out map on my recent trip. I was able to get it to reset going to the Carplay page then back to home. One time the Carplay map was also blank using Waze, but Google Maps or the iPhone Maps app was ok.

I also get a few glitches in Waze. Not resetting my current location thus it looking like I am still miles away from where I currently am. The symbol will turn (if map view is not set to point up all the time), but I never progress down the road...just sit in one spot. I sometimes get a good result from restarting Waze on my phone...resetting (STOP then Resume) the trip directions...or just going to Spotifiy in Carplay and back to Waze after a period of time.

Only one "1st world issue" was when I am in a strange city, slightly lost and concerned about my particular location not being the best neighborhood, attempting to maneuver the beast through 1-lane double-parked urban streets, and <poof> the map goes blank sending me a twinge of panic. Grab the phone, pull up the still active map...proceed.

Jsboening

Reaction score
The damn thing blacks out all the time on the highway and reboots at least 5 times on our 2 hour commute to our cottage. Every time it does I get the “look” from my wife. You know, the “We just paid 80k for this” look. Her Mazda has been flawless. WTF Ram. This thing was/is half baked.

Sixtime43

Reaction score
The damn thing blacks out all the time on the highway and reboots at least 5 times on our 2 hour commute to our cottage. Every time it does I get the “look” from my wife. You know, the “We just paid 80k for this” look. Her Mazda has been flawless. WTF Ram. This thing was/is half baked.
Man, while my experiences have been far from perfect... this type of stuff does not happen with my unit. I am using Android Auto, which is far from perfect like I said, but I certainly don't experience those multiple reboots. I just took a weekend trip and was on the road for about 12 hours. Used AA and Google navigation the entire way... not a single issue. I hope you get it sorted out.

FWIW, my old 2013 Ram with the Uconnect 8.4 would reboot after some time when I plugged in certain USB devices. Maybe start there if you have anything USB related plugged in?

I am running version S23.13 on my Uconnect unit. Good luck man.

Jsboening

Reaction score
Man, while my experiences have been far from perfect... this type of stuff does not happen with my unit. I am using Android Auto, which is far from perfect like I said, but I certainly don't experience those multiple reboots. I just took a weekend trip and was on the road for about 12 hours. Used AA and Google navigation the entire way... not a single issue. I hope you get it sorted out.

FWIW, my old 2013 Ram with the Uconnect 8.4 would reboot after some time when I plugged in certain USB devices. Maybe start there if you have anything USB related plugged in?

I am running version S23.13 on my Uconnect unit. Good luck man.
Thanks. I’m running iOS. Holy $hit it’s a train wreck. And if it’s not bad enough if my wife connects her phone to charge it asks if I want to switch users. Every 5 seconds. No joke. It’s my least favorite thing about my truck. Wish I didn’t even have it.

Darmichar

Reaction score
I have the latest update on my UC5 12. Mine always starts with it opening the Apps page. Is there a way to set it to turn on with the HOME screen. With 3 or 4 pages linked on it? Also, when on Home page, try to expand one of the saved pages, you have to click the expand page icon twice to open it. The first touch of it causes a slight blink of the Home screen. 2nd touch opens the app.
Ahh, yes, my newest favorite 'feature' of this system. Get in the truck and the screen starts on the apps page. Plug in my phone and click the CarPlay button. One would think you would get full screen CarPlay.
Nope.
I get taken to the homepage with carplay on the top half and shortcuts on the bottom half. I have to click the home button, then the CarPlay button again to get it to go full screen.
This is the third or fourth iteration of software I've been through since I bought this truck. You'd think at some point they would actually test it before releasing it. I guess that's too much to ask for.

Jsboening

Reaction score
Ahh, yes, my newest favorite 'feature' of this system. Get in the truck and the screen starts on the apps page. Plug in my phone and click the CarPlay button. One would think you would get full screen CarPlay.
Nope.
I get taken to the homepage with carplay on the top half and shortcuts on the bottom half. I have to click the home button, then the CarPlay button again to get it to go full screen.
This is the third or fourth iteration of software I've been through since I bought this truck. You'd think at some point they would actually test it before releasing it. I guess that's too much to ask for.
Today mine froze up while listening to Sirius xm. It froze and gave off a loud humming buzzing sound. I could not reboot it with the power knob and had to listen to it for an hour before I made it to our cottage. Even shutting the damn truck off would not stop it. As soon as I started the truck back up the humming buzzing noise returned. I had to actually disconnect the battery for a few minutes before it stopped. I got a new phone a couple weeks ago in mainly because it’s battery capacity was shot, but I was also curious to see if the new phone got along better with the Uconnect. No dice.

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
I can't imagine how this made it out to production, how a team can be that incompetent. Is there now testing, no QA ... seriously like WTF. I've been in Software Dev for 20 years and this **** just blows my ****ing mind.

baker01

Reaction score
Today mine froze up while listening to Sirius xm. It froze and gave off a loud humming buzzing sound. I could not reboot it with the power knob and had to listen to it for an hour before I made it to our cottage. Even shutting the damn truck off would not stop it. As soon as I started the truck back up the humming buzzing noise returned. I had to actually disconnect the battery for a few minutes before it stopped. I got a new phone a couple weeks ago in mainly because it’s battery capacity was shot, but I was also curious to see if the new phone got along better with the Uconnect. No dice.
Did you try opening the driver's door after shutting the truck off? Thats what it takes to get mine to stop buzzing. It has happened twice now

Darmichar

Reaction score
Did you try opening the driver's door after shutting the truck off? Thats what it takes to get mine to stop buzzing. It has happened twice now
It boggles my mind that this thread is full of workarounds like this for an entertainment system in a $70K+ truck.
Also got my first Sirius popup ad on the screen today. Can't get this **** right, but the annoying intrusive ads work like a charm. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread