Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

unclelala

Reaction score
if you have the cargo cam and the rear view cam in the third brake light , they are different part numbers , also dealer just warranty replaced the cam for the mirror it was fogging over ,maybe you just have a bad cam
From comparing to other trucks, videos, pics etc. mine works as it should , but I just want a better picture and zoom. I dont find it clear enough for me to see the king pin clearly, its probably old man eye syndrome.

usernamechecksout

Reaction score
Been a hectic little bit but finally got time to install my gateway module and then open up Alfa to enable TSVCM. @Jimmy07 i went in under body computer - active diag - car config change then found TSVCM under cabinnet using the search feature and changed it from disabled to enabled. Finished the process and then powered the truck completely down, let it sit 10 minutes or so then put back to MAR setting and pulled up my aux camera screen expecting to see the trailer camera populate as I’d seen on other posts but mine still reads AUX1 AUX2. Reconnected to Alfa to check and it says this is saved into the system as enabled. What am I missing?
Are you able to post a picture of where the heck this middle is supposed to be installed? I can't find anyone that actually specified it other than "dig around under the dash".

Whiskyman

Reaction score
XN1- Trailer Surround view system- $995.
This is a standalone option, but you must have a package that includes regular truck surround view, and you must have a Uconnect 5 radio. The kit that comes delivered with the truck will have 4 digital cameras, a central vision processing module (CVPM), coax cables to connect the cameras to the CVPM, and the main sections of harness that carry the CVPM’s power, ground, canbus IHS hi/lo, and video output signal (3 wires) to the truck via the 12-pin connector. It is described as “to be installed by the dealer”, and I don’t see any instructions for the kit, so curious to see some that gets this post up the instructions that should be included. I’m sure it involves mounting the cameras on the 4 sides within a certain height range of each other, and calibrating the cameras to the CVPM using fixed points they are looking at.

XFQ- Mopar trailer camera wiring with no camera- $515 ($695 on some build tool sites).
This is the Aux 1&2 trailer camera wiring prep for the truck only, which preps the truck with the 12/7-pin trailer connectors. The kit that has the wiring for the trailer, that plugs into the 12-way truck connector, and one analog camera, is sold separately. A second camera is available separately from that kit. These are just observation cameras that can be mounted anywhere, and you can toggle between the two via the Aux 1&2 camera soft keys on the radio screen.

All the build sites will let you select both XFQ and XN1, but if you have both, it is only possible to use one Aux camera. This is because one of the two aux cameras uses the same video input on the radio as the CVPM for the trailer surround view uses.
Is the xn1 option available on 2023,2024? Or older models? I have a trailer with the 4 mopar cameras installed, thinking of getting a new or new to me older model truck

Texasram1

Reaction score
If I order XH7 (68527599AA), how waterproof is the camera itself? I'd like to mount it on my boat trailer, but hesitate to do so if I have to remove it prior to launching the boat.
I could mount it temporarily to the back of the boat when towing, but would still need to remove from the boat prior to launching, and unless I removed the wire tie downs along the trailer the camera woudl still end up in the drink.

Anyone used one on a boat trailer?

Thanks

Edit; found directions. Say to mount cam above water fording line.

Last edited:

usernamechecksout

Reaction score
For anyone else looking because I could not figure out where the hell the connectors were, I finally found them.

When looking up from the driver's side foot well, towards the ignition (right side of steering wheel), my connectors were wrapped in foam tape above the ignition. Like a good 6 inches above. They were not able to be seen because of the foam tape. (It's not the same black felt tape that's around everything else, it's a dark gray foam tape).

Hope this helps someone because I asked around and could never get a straight answer where these damn connectors were supposed to be found.

Fyi: 2023 ram, enabled option TSVCM in alfaobd, connected hardware. Everything is working as it should!

Radiometer1

Reaction score

Attachments

• Trailer Tow Gateway Module Wires-6 - resized.jpg
    Trailer Tow Gateway Module Wires-6 - resized.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 17

usernamechecksout

Reaction score
I faced the same challenge and had my dealership help me locate them just last week. Here are some pictures which may be helpful along with your description.

These were posted by CortexM0 on another thread (https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...railer-surround-view-camera.13102/post-255210):
View attachment 70525View attachment 70526View attachment 70527

These I took:
View attachment 70528View attachment 70529View attachment 70531
I wish I had these before it would have helped save quite a bit of time.

My connectors were located on that loom with the green tape but way above that green tape line.

Whiskyman

Reaction score
It is so frustrating trying to tell a salesman this stuff
Ok, I'm going to beat this dead horse again, I have the 4 mopar cameras mounted on my trailer, they worked on my old 22 tradesman, now I've got a 24 big horn with what i/dealer said is what I needed,but of course they don't work with this new truck, what is the truck missing? And can it be fixed?

Attachments

• 20240325_182358.jpg
    20240325_182358.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240325_182350.jpg
    20240325_182350.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 11

mcloven

Reaction score
evening all, probably a repeated question…but i have searched all night for an answer to my specific question and i havent found any solution.

my truck did NOT come with the bumper port for the wired camera. i ordered part #68527599AA in the hopes that i would be able to use it, not realizing my truck did not have pictured bumper port.

1) is there a way to wire in this port into the bumper for the coaxial camera input? basically to allow to add the mopar prewire camera prep package? i HOPE its ready for it, since i have the aux 1&2 options in uconnect.

2) is there another part # i should have ordered instead of this one for those of us without the digital mirror? or the wired camera prep kit? or will i be forced to buy Furrions wireless set

3) see picture #4, will this adapter from furrion suffice instead?

many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 28298FAD-72B5-4E5E-8790-54F99E0CB6D0.jpeg
    28298FAD-72B5-4E5E-8790-54F99E0CB6D0.jpeg
    365.9 KB · Views: 12
  • FE300EBE-86D7-44E8-8E69-C2CC0397FE5A.png
    FE300EBE-86D7-44E8-8E69-C2CC0397FE5A.png
    596.6 KB · Views: 12

masterbeat

Reaction score
Hey all, (and @Jimmy07 because you always know EVERYTHING, lol) - sorry to be adding to this never ending thread, about cameras, but it seems to be one of the best Q&A's. Now that we're into April of 2024 and I see dealers have 2024 RAM trucks on lots that have the 'wired camera kit" - I'm wondering does anyone know if there is a part that can be ordered yet for a 2023 RAM 3500 that does have the DVRM and the camera port on bumper - for the 'wired mode rear / back up camera'? I'm one of the poor souls that invested in and ordered a brand new 2023 3500 right as they cancelled/discontinued the rear camera even though I have the DVRM, trailer surround, and the port...

Does anyone know if the 2024 version of the wired camera kit that you can get with the 2024 will work with the 2023? My understanding (@Jimmy07 or anyone who knows please confirm) - is that the 2022 wired backup camera does not work (the 68527599AA) - but surely / hopefully the 2024 does?

or did Ram really screw over everyone who bought a 2023 and gave us a DVRM and a port but no working camera, and never will? I invested in this very expensive $107,000 3500 with every camera option to tow a big rig trailer and having that back up / rear camera is important to me. I really don't want to have to start over with a 2024...

Anyone with answers on how to get a working back up camera for 2023's that have the DVRM and the wired port already there waiting for the camera?

Radiometer1

Reaction score
Hey masterbeat,
I was in the same situation last month as you when @Jimmy07 came to my rescue. Similar to you, I have a 2023 RAM 2500 Limited with DRVM, 12-pin & circular digital connectors at the rear bumper (see pic). I learned from Jimmy07 & other forum members that 68586112AA is the Tow Mode Camera Kit that works with 2023's. It plugs into the circular digital connector & displays continuously on the DRVM. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued & nearly impossible to find. A few were available on ebay last year, but got gobbled up by members on this forum (a good thing). Jimmy happened to have one available which he was willing to sell me. It was plug 'n play once I found & fixed a disconnect in the wiring harness underneath the truck bed. You may want to reach out to others to see if they may have one or maybe post on the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum that you're in search of (ISO) of one. Here's a similar post:

IMG_2254.JPG

masterbeat

Reaction score
Hey @Radiometer1 and @Jimmy07 (and anyone else following!)

First, thanks for that quick reply... I was aware that 68586112AA would work but that it's been discontinued and is hard to find (I search for it often). What I'm mainly trying to find out by resurfacing this thread is that there are 2024 RAM's shipping and in dealer hands that have the 2024 version of the 'wired tow mode camera kit' - does anyone know if this 2024 version that is out now will work with the 2023? Or did they invent yet an ALL new connection from hell to drive us all crazy with 2024 models? I'm hoping that since 2022 was discontinued and is hard to get that 2024 cameras will work? or are all of us with 2023 trucks really screwed in this 'limbo' year?

Also, one more question for everyone - some have said the the camera in this kit: 82216068AD - which is wired tow mode camera with a part # specifically for the 'gooseneck prep kit' will work with the 2023 DVRM and the plug in the rear bumper. Does anyone know if that is true?
And then, 3rd question - there is a new camera and part # now appearing in part stores and on Ebay with this part # - and it's listed as the 2023 tow mode wired camera - is this truly some special new camera for 2023 +?

so that's my 3 questions:

1. Will a 2024 wired tow mode camera (don't know new part #) that is shipping and available now in 2024 3500's work on a 2023?
2 . Will the camera in part # 82216068AD work?
3. Is this $1500+ camera with part # 82216421AE truly the 2023 wired tow mode camera? It's on a lot of Mopar part sites now and Ebay for $2000+. Wow.

Thanks everyone!​

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Hey @Radiometer1 and @Jimmy07 (and anyone else following!)

First, thanks for that quick reply... I was aware that 68586112AA would work but that it's been discontinued and is hard to find (I search for it often). What I'm mainly trying to find out by resurfacing this thread is that there are 2024 RAM's shipping and in dealer hands that have the 2024 version of the 'wired tow mode camera kit' - does anyone know if this 2024 version that is out now will work with the 2023? Or did they invent yet an ALL new connection from hell to drive us all crazy with 2024 models? I'm hoping that since 2022 was discontinued and is hard to get that 2024 cameras will work? or are all of us with 2023 trucks really screwed in this 'limbo' year?

Also, one more question for everyone - some have said the the camera in this kit: 82216068AD - which is wired tow mode camera with a part # specifically for the 'gooseneck prep kit' will work with the 2023 DVRM and the plug in the rear bumper. Does anyone know if that is true?
And then, 3rd question - there is a new camera and part # now appearing in part stores and on Ebay with this part # - and it's listed as the 2023 tow mode wired camera - is this truly some special new camera for 2023 +?

so that's my 3 questions:

1. Will a 2024 wired tow mode camera (don't know new part #) that is shipping and available now in 2024 3500's work on a 2023?
2 . Will the camera in part # 82216068AD work?
3. Is this $1500+ camera with part # 82216421AE truly the 2023 wired tow mode camera? It's on a lot of Mopar part sites now and Ebay for $2000+. Wow.

Thanks everyone!​

1- 23 & 24 wired tow mode camera kit are the same- unobtainium
2- that’s the regular analog aux trailer camera kit
3- that’s the trailer surround view camera system kit, and that eBay seller is off his rocker with the $2300

masterbeat

Reaction score
Thanks @Jimmy07 ... I figured out that part was the trailer surround. It's very weird that when you put that part # in, a ton of Mopar sites list it as a 'backup camera' which is super misleading. I already have the trailer surround.

I guess we just keep waiting hoping that eventually the 2024 camera becomes available as a part. In the meantime I guess I could see if a dealer is willing to add it to a new 2024 truck they might be ordering and let me buy it off them separately...

Whiskyman

Reaction score
1- 23 & 24 wired tow mode camera kit are the same- unobtainium
2- that’s the regular analog aux trailer camera kit
3- that’s the trailer surround view camera system kit, and that eBay seller is off his rocker with the $2300
So,if I understand this correctly, my 2022 4 trailer camera set up will not work with my new 2024 ram ?
That explains why I haven't got it to work,even though my dealer says they should, I think I've got 1,the very rear camera to work through the 12 pin connector.my 24 also has a single wire connector on the bumper, not sure what that's for

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
So,if I understand this correctly, my 2022 4 trailer camera set up will not work with my new 2024 ram ?
That explains why I haven't got it to work,even though my dealer says they should, I think I've got 1,the very rear camera to work through the 12 pin connector.my 24 also has a single wire connector on the bumper, not sure what that's for
Trailer surround view kit works on 2022-2024

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

The single port on the driver side is the digital tow mode camera.

Those are MY specific as RAM changed suppliers in 23 as I recall.

CortexM0

Reaction score
The camera system is capable of working with your 2024, if you ordered your 2024 with the 360 trailer surround camera option. If you didn't order your 2024 with this option, then it won't be enabled on your truck and your truck likely won't have all the needed hardware.

As far as I know there is no factory approved method to add this option later. However, several members here have gotten it to work. See this thread for more details:

Users who are viewing this thread