Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

johnsontoddr

Reaction score
Unfortunately, if you did not order XH7 with your truck, you most likely will not be able to order the tow mode camera kit over the dealer parts counter. Several members have tried to no avail. The limited quantity of those available seem to be allocated to new ordered trucks only and the factory is keeping their hands on them. Hopefully in time, that kit will be available through mopar parts but for right now, unless you order it with your truck, or find one for private sale from someone who does need it or want it, extremely unlikely they can order it for you. This supply chain problem is a real drag in so many areas it’s very sad and unnerving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recently reached out to one of the Mopar parts dealers about the tow mode camera (using the part number that was listed here earlier). They responded that the part was backordered with no date listed on availability. I really hope we can order one (I need two).

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently reached out to one of the Mopar parts dealers about the tow mode camera (using the part number that was listed here earlier). They responded that the part was backordered with no date listed on availability. I really hope we can order one (I need two).

I’m holding out for hope that someone aftermarket will develop their own camera kit that will interface with the OEM camera systems already built into the truck.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Unfortunately have to agree about not being able to get the parts thru the dealer. They said their wasn't even a listing for it and have no idea if or when there would be. So the big question now is who wants to part with their camera part of the set up.

2022 Ram Trailer Surround View ( 4 ) Camera Prep Kit

Justjumpit

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I am waiting on my truck and it is ordered with the Safety package, which includes the digital rearview mirror. I might have the dealer order the XH7 separately and figure out trailer installation. My trailer is pre wired for a camera, so hopefully that makes it a little easier.
Good luck. I ordered the XH7 along with the safety package with my truck. When I picked up the truck at the end of December the dealer told me that was just for the wiring and did not include the camera. I assumed I could find a camera. Nope! I’ve tried My local Ram parts, Ram chat, an after market auto sound/video store, etrailer, rear view safety.com and the dealer who just says everything that was ordered with the truck was in the truck. So I’ve paid for the camera … it shows on my order and window sticker. Signed off on the truck and now can’t find a compatible camera anywhere. Bummer!

** If you order the XH7 with your truck make sure the camera is in the truck at delivery**

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck. I ordered the XH7 along with the safety package with my truck. When I picked up the truck at the end of December the dealer told me that was just for the wiring and did not include the camera. I assumed I could find a camera. Nope! I’ve tried My local Ram parts, Ram chat, an after market auto sound/video store, etrailer, rear view safety.com and the dealer who just says everything that was ordered with the truck was in the truck. So I’ve paid for the camera … it shows on my order and window sticker. Signed off on the truck and now can’t find a compatible camera anywhere. Bummer!

** If you order the XH7 with your truck make sure the camera is in the truck at delivery**

Sounds to me like someone at your dealer wanted your camera more than you do. You have a legitimate claim if your POC and order info show the XH7 option. I’d be taking that one higher up the chain.

owdiss78

Reaction score

Yes it should been in a pretty good sized plastic bag in backseat or in my case behind seats in mega cab.

Rampingup

Reaction score
already have the 4 camera surround, looking for a 1 camera tow mode.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, one more time for the newbies:

No selling in the threads.

Post your items in the buy/sell/trade forum and you can direct someone there. Don't post your phone number or email in these threads. The next member that does so gets a timeout.

RummerRam

Reaction score
I ordered the tow tech B package on a Laramie for the 360 truck surround and the trailer reverse view. Does this also come with the cargo camera as part of the package? I’m assuming it will have the 12 pin connector since the package states “A loose-shipped rear view camera is also available for upfit
installation. It displays in its own window.”
I did not order the digital rear view mirror though. This sh*t is so techy! I’ll probably forget I have all these cameras and just drive the damn thing.
Answered my one question. The window sticker arrived today! It has the cargo view camera as part of Laramie tow tech B but doesn’t look like it has the 12 pin connector from what I can tell in the equipment listing.

ACEd

Reaction score
Answered my one question. The window sticker arrived today! It has the cargo view camera as part of Laramie tow tech B but doesn’t look like it has the 12 pin connector from what I can tell in the equipment listing.
Do you have Surround View on Truck? If so you will probably have the 12 pin/7pin stacked connectors. It did not show up on my window sticker and i have nothing that uses the 12 pin but its there. And oddly enough the Equipment list mentions the 4 pin which is NOT there.

RummerRam

Reaction score
Do you have Surround View on Truck? If so you will probably have the 12 pin/7pin stacked connectors. It did not show up on my window sticker and i have nothing that uses the 12 pin but its there. And oddly enough the Equipment list mentions the 4 pin which is NOT there.
Yep, I have the surround view but didn’t order the digital rear view mirror. I figure I have never had issues seeing out the back window so seemed like overkill. Good to know the 12 pin will be there if I ever decide to use it. Thanks

masterbeat

Reaction score
Hi everyone, and especially @Jimmy07 and @Brutal_HO , quick question about trying to order a 2022 LIMITED and get both the Trailer Surround AND the wired Tow-Mode Rear-View system. I'm sorry if this particular question has been answered in here, I made it through every post until page 18 before getting lost in the codes and differences between packages, Laramies, Long Horns, and Limiteds, lol.

I have a 2021 Limited now and use it mostly for towing a 29 Black Series Trailer off roading and into tight spaces. Getting a trailer surround system (for those gnarly camping trips and getting the trailer into a tight spot) AND the backup camera for the freeway rides is exactly what I want.

BUT, when I go to configure this online, using any of the RAM sites or configurators, first I add the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group which is what gets me both the digital rearview mirror and the surround view camera system). (you can get the cheaper safety group or towing packages, but they delete the Level 1, so getting Level 1 is the expensive and nice way to get it all.)

Then, lower in the options, the 'tow mode digital rearview mirror package' appears for $945. But, whenever I try to add this, it deletes the Level 1 package and all those other goodies.

There is all this talk earlier in the thread about being able to add both, but that doesn't seem to be possible with the LIMITED. I think I'm finding later in the thread (this is what I need clarification on) that if you have a package with the digital rearview mirror, you are going to get the wiring for the wired tow-mode camera. But is this 100% for sure? I have been searching dealer inventory all across the country (see screenshots) and I can find a lot of fully outfitted Limiteds that have the Level 1 Group and then later at bottom show the "trailer surround camera system" which is what I want, but I can't find any inventory sticker anywhere in the country that also show the Tow Mode Digital Camera on a Limited.

Does anyone know how (or for sure "if") you can get both the trailer surround view system AND the tow mode digital camera on the Limited and how to do it?

And if my hunch (and hope) is correct, that the Level 1 Equipment Group with Digital Rearview mirror IS going to include the wiring prep and that plug on the left side for the rear view mirror, how do I get the wired tow-mode camera? It cancels it out. Do I just order and hope that if the wiring is there that eventually this will be a part available separately? It seems bizarre the build system won't let you add on the wired tow-mode camera in any way unless you delete everything else.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 5.31.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 5.31.08 PM.png
    570.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 4.44.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 4.44.39 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 27

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, and especially @Jimmy07 and @Brutal_HO , quick question about trying to order a 2022 LIMITED and get both the Trailer Surround AND the wired Tow-Mode Rear-View system. I'm sorry if this particular question has been answered in here, I made it through every post until page 18 before getting lost in the codes and differences between packages, Laramies, Long Horns, and Limiteds, lol.

I have a 2021 Limited now and use it mostly for towing a 29 Black Series Trailer off roading and into tight spaces. Getting a trailer surround system (for those gnarly camping trips and getting the trailer into a tight spot) AND the backup camera for the freeway rides is exactly what I want.

BUT, when I go to configure this online, using any of the RAM sites or configurators, first I add the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group which is what gets me both the digital rearview mirror and the surround view camera system). (you can get the cheaper safety group or towing packages, but they delete the Level 1, so getting Level 1 is the expensive and nice way to get it all.)

Then, lower in the options, the 'tow mode digital rearview mirror package' appears for $945. But, whenever I try to add this, it deletes the Level 1 package and all those other goodies.

There is all this talk earlier in the thread about being able to add both, but that doesn't seem to be possible with the LIMITED. I think I'm finding later in the thread (this is what I need clarification on) that if you have a package with the digital rearview mirror, you are going to get the wiring for the wired tow-mode camera. But is this 100% for sure? I have been searching dealer inventory all across the country (see screenshots) and I can find a lot of fully outfitted Limiteds that have the Level 1 Group and then later at bottom show the "trailer surround camera system" which is what I want, but I can't find any inventory sticker anywhere in the country that also show the Tow Mode Digital Camera on a Limited.

Does anyone know how (or for sure "if") you can get both the trailer surround view system AND the tow mode digital camera on the Limited and how to do it?

And if my hunch (and hope) is correct, that the Level 1 Equipment Group with Digital Rearview mirror IS going to include the wiring prep and that plug on the left side for the rear view mirror, how do I get the wired tow-mode camera? It cancels it out. Do I just order and hope that if the wiring is there that eventually this will be a part available separately? It seems bizarre the build system won't let you add on the wired tow-mode camera in any way unless you delete everything else.

The level 1 group will add the digital rearview mirror which will also automatically Get you the truck half of the tow mode camera system. It’ll come standard with the software and the plug in the bumper. All you need to do is select the “tow mode camera (wired)” option which will get you the trailer half of the system including all necessary wiring and the camera itself.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score

Here’s the option you want:
5f12ad371503fca532a8bcdd738b24f7.jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Don't do that.

Go all the way down past the package and tires/wheels stuff to add the cameras.

If you have the digital mirror, you will have the bumper connector. Ditto for anything with 360° and the 12-pin.

masterbeat

Reaction score
The level 1 group will add the digital rearview mirror which will also automatically Get you the truck half of the tow mode camera system. It’ll come standard with the software and the plug in the bumper. All you need to do is select the “tow mode camera (wired)” option which will get you the trailer half of the system including all necessary wiring and the camera itself.

Thank you for the first part, but I think you're missing my dilemma above - whenever I try to select the "tow mode camera (wired)" it DELETES the Level 1 group. The build won't let me have both. The build / configurator system for the Limited only allows you to have the wired tow mode camera if you get rid of all the other bells and whistles. So my question is, is this a LIMITED build anomaly? Is the Ram configurator just not working properly and I should go to a dealer to see if they can do what you're describing? I know it makes sense to add both, but it won't let me.

masterbeat

Reaction score
Don't do that.

Go all the way down past the package and tires/wheels stuff to add the cameras.

If you have the digital mirror, you will have the bumper connector. Ditto for anything with 360° and the 12-pin.
Thanks! I'm happy with the answer that I will for sure have the digital mirror and and bumper connector... but, I'm confused where you say to 'go all the way down' past the packages and tires/wheels to add the cameras... I don't seem to have anything past the packages as an option when configuring the LIMITED. It ends at packages (see my screenshot above). If I add the wired tow camera, it removes the Level 1. But there is nowhere else (like you're suggesting) to add the camera. Is there another build site I should be using besides the ram trucks.com one?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the first part, but I think you're missing my dilemma above - whenever I try to select the "tow mode camera (wired)" it DELETES the Level 1 group. The build won't let me have both. The build / configurator system for the Limited only allows you to have the wired tow mode camera if you get rid of all the other bells and whistles. So my question is, is this a LIMITED build anomaly? Is the Ram configurator just not working properly and I should go to a dealer to see if they can do what you're describing? I know it makes sense to add both, but it won't let me.

I had no difficulty selecting the camera and keeping Level 1.

Don't pick this:

1643678298906.png

Users who are viewing this thread