Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

matemike

Reaction score
I ordered both with my Longhorn, but I doubt the 40’ trailer cam will fit my 44’ Fuzion, damn shame. I can use it on my car hauler though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Both?
So if you have either AVF or XH7 you will have the two-mode camera. The cable length should be 50'. I realize that's not enough for your 44' triple axle toy hauler (nice rig man!). But I believe it is simple coax cable with twist together connections so you should be able to add length with a service loop or two.

gator6

Reaction score
Both?
So if you have either AVF or XH7 you will have the two-mode camera. The cable length should be 50'. I realize that's not enough for your 44' triple axle toy hauler (nice rig man!). But I believe it is simple coax cable with twist together connections so you should be able to add length with a service loop or two.

Hey now! That’s some news that I hadn’t heard! I’ve been trying to find the exact specs on these cameras. As for both, I’m not sure. I have XH7 listed, but also XN1.
f6b2c2cb3ea91e186967c6bb8bf7df6e.jpg

johnsontoddr

Reaction score
The cameras are all accessible while driving, they just time out after about ten seconds or so. You can also add the cameras as favorites with direct links to them through the 12” screen. This way you can rapidly click the camera you want as you’re driving and get an instant feed from that view.

Today when I left our house the 360 surround cam and front view was on the entire time while driving down to the feed store. I went at least 45 mph and it takes a few minutes to get there from our house. I suspect it was a glitch, but I would really prefer if I could just bring the cams up and leave them there. I have no idea how the view got there, because I didn't pull it up and I had never backed up since starting the engine.

gator6

Reaction score
Today when I left our house the 360 surround cam and front view was on the entire time while driving down to the feed store. I went at least 45 mph and it takes a few minutes to get there from our house. I suspect it was a glitch, but I would really prefer if I could just bring the cams up and leave them there. I have no idea how the view got there, because I didn't pull it up and I had never backed up since starting the engine.

Hmm, one of the boats I drove in the Navy had surround cameras we used for situational awareness and confined space movements. It helped out so much that I’ve always wondered if they’d put that to use on the road.

gator6

Reaction score
Can you even order both? If you order XN1, don't you already get the wiring for an AUX 1 camera? I was told by the dealer that "Mopar Trailer Camera Wiring w/No Camera is not combinable with the Tow-Mode Digital Rearview Mirror Package or either of the Equipment packages (laramie level A or B)". This doesn't make since to me considering what @Jimmy07 stated above. I plan on getting UC5, truck surround view, trailer surround view and tow-mode package. I would like to have the option for another AUX 1 camera, so do I need XFQ?

Sorry I’m coming in late and just catching up. I do have both on my POC. matemike was kind enough to send me literature on the wired tow camera install, but wondering about this surround view since one post I’ve already read mentioned dealer install.

I have two trailers, and though it’s a stretch, I’d like to use the cameras on the toy hauler(43.5’ 5er). That might not be possible, but that’s where asking experienced individuals comes into play.

a2b5614c492f631004b6ac41532af2d8.jpg

Thanks in advance!

gator6

Reaction score
Sorry I’m coming in late and just catching up. I do have both on my POC. matemike was kind enough to send me literature on the wired tow camera install, but wondering about this surround view since one post I’ve already read mentioned dealer install.

I have two trailers, and though it’s a stretch, I’d like to use the cameras on the toy hauler(43.5’ 5er). That might not be possible, but that’s where asking experienced individuals comes into play.

a2b5614c492f631004b6ac41532af2d8.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Completely lost in all my conversations this morning

kpecks

Reaction score
I have a 22 limited 3500 w the limited 1 package and plan on running an ARE cap. So I’m just about there w a strategy to move the rear View cam to the back of the cap. So much good info here on running other cameras.

Does anyone know if I want to run an ARE cap, will I have issues with spacing between the cap and the CHMSL???

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 22 limited 3500 w the limited 1 package and plan on running an ARE cap. So I’m just about there w a strategy to move the rear View cam to the back of the cap. So much good info here on running other cameras.

Does anyone know if I want to run an ARE cap, will I have issues with spacing between the cap and the CHMSL???

He answered his own question by finding the CHMSL thread.

kpecks

Reaction score
He answered his own question by finding the CHMSL thread.

I must have missed in the thread where it says I will have clearance issues between the cap and CHMSL??? Maybe you can help answer the question.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I must have missed in the thread where it says I will have clearance issues between the cap and CHMSL??? Maybe you can help answer the question.

You sure you want to get snarky with me?

I was linking the post for you as much as I was letting other members know you found your answer.

kpecks

Reaction score
How’d my reply come across snarky?! I was simply asking if I missed it, pal. I’ll get snarky with whomever I want, but that wasn’t “snarky” in the least bit. If you thought so, check yourself and adjust your reading glasses. And I didn’t find my answer, otherwise I wouldn’t have posted. So here i sit with having the simple question of will I have issues with the third brake light rubbing the cap...

You sure you want to get snarky with me?

I was linking the post for you as much as I was letting other members know you found your answer.?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
How’d my reply come across snarky?! I was simply asking if I missed it, pal. I’ll get snarky with whomever I want, but that wasn’t “snarky” in the least bit. If you thought so, check yourself and adjust your reading glasses. And I didn’t find my answer, otherwise I wouldn’t have posted. So here i sit with having the simple question of will I have issues with the third brake light rubbing the cap...

You were being snarky, and you're only digging the hole deeper at this point with the "pal" and "check yourself" cracks.

FWIW, this thread is regarding the trailer tow camera options. You cross posted the same question in at least two other threads. The cross posting isn't welcome.

You're done in this one. Pal.

johnsontoddr

Reaction score
It looks like the tow mode camera is not available at this time. Anyone know if the trailer 360 kit is available? I have the digital rearview and a 360 kit, but we have a camper (that we won't use often) and a cargo trailer that we use often for farmers markets. By myself I have a hard time maneuvering the tight spaces at the markets when so many vehicles are unloading and then loading back up. It would be nice to get another 360 kit for the cargo trailer. My wife would scream if I used the one for her camper.

gator6

Reaction score
It looks like the tow mode camera is not available at this time. Anyone know if the trailer 360 kit is available? I have the digital rearview and a 360 kit, but we have a camper (that we won't use often) and a cargo trailer that we use often for farmers markets. By myself I have a hard time maneuvering the tight spaces at the markets when so many vehicles are unloading and then loading back up. It would be nice to get another 360 kit for the cargo trailer. My wife would scream if I used the one for her camper.

I wonder if this will delay my build. I put both on mine.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score

I haven’t tried to buy either one (the trailer surround or the trailer rearview camera) however it would be my guess that neither is readily available for sale through mopar parts given the lack of sufficient supply. These high tech goodies seem to be the reason for a lot of the delays with these sold-order trucks. I believe I read a post (either in this thread or the 22 orders thread) where a member did try to purchase one of the camera kits and it wasn’t available.

gator6

Reaction score
I haven’t tried to buy either one (the trailer surround or the trailer rearview camera) however it would be my guess that neither is readily available for sale through mopar parts given the lack of sufficient supply. These high tech goodies seem to be the reason for a lot of the delays with these sold-order trucks. I believe I read a post (either in this thread or the 22 orders thread) where a member did try to purchase one of the camera kits and it wasn’t available.

Being add-ons that don’t affect the actual truck, I wonder if they would hold up a build.

What am I saying, of course it would. It’s like the Navy and ship contracts, even if a ship needs an alteration it has to be built to spec FIRST before it can be fixed.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Being add-ons that don’t affect the actual truck, I wonder if they would hold up a build.

What am I saying, of course it would. It’s like the Navy and ship contracts, even if a ship needs an alteration it has to be built to spec FIRST before it can be fixed.

Yeah it’s crazy but the little add-ons have most definitely held up sold-orders. Pretty sure there was a big hold a little while back for the trailer TPMS sensors. Makes you shake your head in disbelief.

Last edited:

gator6

Reaction score
Yeah it’s crazy but the little add-ons have most definitely held up sold-orders. Pretty sure there was a big hood a little while back for the trailer TPMS sensors. Makes you shake your head in disbelief.

Put those on my POC as well

TheMike

Reaction score
It's been mentioned already about the 15.4m (50.5') max length for the rear view camera wiring. According to the installation pdf, adding additional cable length will create an unstable video image. I believe one person mentioned using to 70'? and didn't have any issue????

Does anyone know for sure what happens if you go longer than that magical 15.4m?

Users who are viewing this thread