Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I googled it while the site was down. On the Jeep forums it seems a bunch of people had it added to their order after sitting idle for over 100 days lol. No explanation as to what it means and I didnt do enough digging to see if it actually made those orders move any faster.
Just a quick random scan of various 2018-2022 FCA vehicle vin build sheets- most of them have that line item. Who knows…

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Got an email yesterday from Ram customer care that said they dont currently have an update on my truck but hope to have an update soon.

What a joke

StrayCat

Reaction score
While I got my deposit back, the dealer (great guys) have been keeping an eye on my truck (technically not my truck anymore). Incase it comes in and I decide to go for it anyway.

Well a year after I ordered it, it’s still nowhere to be seen, still in Mexico, still waiting on who knows what?

Dealer said they never had a truck take this long to build and ship.

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
I sent a 4th email to Mike MacDonald to see if he can hunt down my truck. Maybe he will actually reply to this one.

spg993tt

Reaction score
2022 Ram 2500 . just moved from a power wagon to handle some new towing needs. question...on my PW, i struggled to find solid 12v power that comes on with the truck /off with the truck for radar and dash cam. the 2500 im picking up has VSIM.
1. is tehre a current link for documentation on VSIM? i used to have a link to that upfitter page which had the pdfs, but i cant seem to find it on a google search and keep finding 2016 pdfs
2. would that be the best way to get power, use a vsim harness that has 12v power when truck is on, off when off? or is there another lead or connection down there i can tap into, etc i have the VSIM module ont he truck i purchased so i guess why not just connect one of the harnesses that has switched 12v and use that? am i correct that the vsim is under the steering column area, after removing that knee kickboard?
3. truck also has that aux switches on the dash below the radio. do they have an opposing side inside the truck? or where are the terminals for those things in the engine compartment (my 3500 drw was in the engine bay).

anyway, thx as always.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
2022 Ram 2500 . just moved from a power wagon to handle some new towing needs. question...on my PW, i struggled to find solid 12v power that comes on with the truck /off with the truck for radar and dash cam. the 2500 im picking up has VSIM.
1. is tehre a current link for documentation on VSIM? i used to have a link to that upfitter page which had the pdfs, but i cant seem to find it on a google search and keep finding 2016 pdfs
2. would that be the best way to get power, use a vsim harness that has 12v power when truck is on, off when off? or is there another lead or connection down there i can tap into, etc i have the VSIM module ont he truck i purchased so i guess why not just connect one of the harnesses that has switched 12v and use that? am i correct that the vsim is under the steering column area, after removing that knee kickboard?
3. truck also has that aux switches on the dash below the radio. do they have an opposing side inside the truck? or where are the terminals for those things in the engine compartment (my 3500 drw was in the engine bay).

anyway, thx as always.
When I received my ‘22, it came with all of the VISM documents and wiring harnesses, and it is under the steering wheel behind the muck plate. The auxiliary switch terminal is in the engine compartment above the drivers side battery on the firewall. The truck comes with all of the wire leads to plug in to the terminal and wire to your accessories. You program them using dash cluster (on/off, constant on, on with ign on, etc). Below is a link to the 2023 VSIM documents (it is the same for 2019 and up):

https://www.ramtrucks.com/BodyBuilder/service/Image?imageId=MtQrP/FqLY5r/est8MtGjGgHzAHGUTU0WB3rWuqSY7YmQ2vEhuBWBOL4EYUJ2SYV

Last edited:

Big Baloo

Reaction score

anyway, thx as always.
If you got the aux switches, then you have a way to find switched or unswitched 12V power.

I have attached a file indicating the wiring harness both under the dash near the park brake and what is under the hood near the firewall on the drivers side.

Each aux switch can be programed to work either as constant on or momentary. They can also be configured as switched 12V or Battery 12V.

You should also have a package of upfitter harnesses somewhere in the truck. Mine was in the storage bin under the rear seat.

These wiring harnesses plug up both under the hood and under the dash, giving you options for 12V connected to the aux switches both inside and outside the truck.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• RAM 2500-3500 Pick Up Aux Switch Pass Thru Wiring Schematic.pdf
    369.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Wire Color Abbreviations.pdf
    89.4 KB · Views: 3

Big Baloo

Reaction score

anyway, thx as always.

Copy/paste this thread to your browser.:

It has many pages of help with the wiring harnesses and aux switch information.

Hope this helps.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
Just a follow-up to my delivery....the "all accurate" Ram tracker program still shows my truck's delivery date as "TBD" even though it arrived on the 4th and I picked it up on the 7th. Man.....I am so glad that we all have that program to inform us of our orders and keep us up-to-date on the progress!! I think it is a glaring example of Stellantis' piss poor communication and/or organizational skills.
What program??? I just ordered my 2023 bighorn ram 2500 about a week ago, so I have no idea what to expect. I live in texas but I am ordering from a dealer in Idaho, due to pricing.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
What is this ram tracker program? I know stilantis (where the rams are built) is in mexico, but no idea how to get those tracker program?

jebruns

Reaction score
What program??? I just ordered my 2023 bighorn ram 2500 about a week ago, so I have no idea what to expect. I live in texas but I am ordering from a dealer in Idaho, due to pricing.
I know your question was answered, but curious why you ordered from Idaho instead of Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA? Seems like Lake Charles would be a lot closer and Mark Dodge is discounting 4% off invoice on ordered trucks. If the ID dealer is doing better or similar, please share that info here. Thanks.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
I know your question was answered, but curious why you ordered from Idaho instead of Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA? Seems like Lake Charles would be a lot closer and Mark Dodge is discounting 4% off invoice on ordered trucks. If the ID dealer is doing better or similar, please share that info here. Thanks.
I got invoice price at 70,334 up in Idaho. But by the time I pay el paso taxes and the fees and stuff it will be over 77k. I searched yhe best deal I could find, but I NEVER would have thought of California. My thoughts would be that they were way overpriced.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I got invoice price at 70,334 up in Idaho. But by the time I pay el paso taxes and the fees and stuff it will be over 77k. I searched yhe best deal I could find, but I NEVER would have thought of California. My thoughts would be that they were way overpriced.
LOL…not California, Louisiana. Mark Dodge sells at 11.5% below MSRP, which is 4% below invoice. They are a little over 800 miles from El Paso. The amount of savings you would get plus the savings in distance alone may be enough for you to cancel your Idaho order and go with them. If interested, contact Renea at (337) 512-5599 or rjamieson@markdodge.net. I promise you you will not be disappointed. This is my second truck from them in as many years (totaled my ‘22) and they are awesome.

You may also want to carry this over to the ‘23 thread (this is the ‘22 thread):

https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...ew-users-read-post-1.9427/page-88#post-249636

https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...cking-waiting-room.11481/page-101#post-249677

jsalbre

Reaction score
I’d assume you ordered from Peterson. I got mine there because they’re 10 minutes from my house, but MD would have been cheaper. Peterson is usually about 2-3% below invoice.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
LOL…not California, Louisiana. Mark Dodge sells at 11.5% below MSRP, which is 4% below invoice. They are a little over 800 miles from El Paso. The amount of savings you would get plus the savings in distance alone may be enough for you to cancel your Idaho order and go with them. If interested, contact Renea at (337) 512-5599 or rjamieson@markdodge.net. I promise you you will not be disappointed. This is my second truck from them in as many years (totaled my ‘22) and they are awesome.

You may also want to carry this over to the ‘23 thread (this is the ‘22 thread):

https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...ew-users-read-post-1.9427/page-88#post-249636

https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...cking-waiting-room.11481/page-101#post-249677
Its too late now....they make you deposit 3k just to start the order non refundable

Users who are viewing this thread