Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

jebruns

Reaction score
WELL YOURE A STEP AHEAD OF ME... CONGRADULATIONS... MINE PROBABLY WON'T CHANGE FOIR A WHILE. THE DEALERSHIP TOLD ME IT WAS APPORX. 6 MONTHS FROM START TO FINISH OF THE ORDERING PROCESS.
6 months is probably a good number. Hopefully supply chain issues will start to clean up and they will take less time than that. And you never know, it could be sooner. Or later. Just kind of luck of the draw.

But you need to just ignore it all. The more you check and chase it around does not move up the date it will arrive, it just frustrates you. I'd check the tracker once a week or so and left the dealer alone. I knew it was just going to be what it was going to be. My 22 2500 took almost exactly 6 months, and I felt like one of the lucky ones.

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Well, 8 months to the day after i placed my order it got on a train. Now to wait another 2.5 - 3 weeks for it to travel 375 miles

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230309_112605_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230309_112605_Chrome.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 29

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
I was just driving south on I-35 going to Cotulla from San Antonio and passed a train headed north pulling 40 - 50 railcars. I probably drove right past my truck.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
6 months is probably a good number. Hopefully supply chain issues will start to clean up and they will take less time than that. And you never know, it could be sooner. Or later. Just kind of luck of the draw.

But you need to just ignore it all. The more you check and chase it around does not move up the date it will arrive, it just frustrates you. I'd check the tracker once a week or so and left the dealer alone. I knew it was just going to be what it was going to be. My 22 2500 took almost exactly 6 months, and I felt like one of the lucky ones.
Yeah I guess you're right. Just get bored now that I'm retired. Checking tracker will make me go bonkers, so I guess I'll go bowling a lot to keep my mind off the tracker. Checking once a week sounds like a plan. Thanks.

jebruns

Reaction score
I retired when I was 52, over 10 years ago now. Haven't been bored much. Training seeing eye dogs, dirt bike riding/racing/trail working, bass fishing, doing a total gut and remodel of the master bath right now, taking care off all the toys, it just never ends.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
Well..... the "HONEY-DO" list never seems to end, but I did remodel 2 of the bathrooms, and my average in bowling is right at 200 now, so I'm keeping somewhat busy. I'm 52 now and retired recently, so we are similar in that time-line

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
I retired when I was 52, over 10 years ago now. Haven't been bored much. Training seeing eye dogs, dirt bike riding/racing/trail working, bass fishing, doing a total gut and remodel of the master bath right now, taking care off all the toys, it just never ends.
A lot of that stuff I'm no longer able to do (I used to ride bulls in rodeos and my body feels like 100 instead of 52), but I get around and manage as best I can.

jebruns

Reaction score
A lot of that stuff I'm no longer able to do (I used to ride bulls in rodeos and my body feels like 100 instead of 52), but I get around and manage as best I can.
Tough sport for sure. I'm sure it's hard on the body.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to tell you, you are posting on the 2022 Builds and Orders Thread instead of the 23, not that you can't, just telling you in case you did it on accident. I thought I saw you had a 23 on order.

phatboy64

Reaction score
WELL YOURE A STEP AHEAD OF ME... CONGRADULATIONS... MINE PROBABLY WON'T CHANGE FOIR A WHILE. THE DEALERSHIP TOLD ME IT WAS APPORX. 6 MONTHS FROM START TO FINISH OF THE ORDERING PROCESS.
Are you guys still waiting on 2022 builds?

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Yep, mine finally shipped 3 days ago exactly 8 months after i placed my order

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Billet Silver
Crew cab
Long bed
Lonestar
4x4
Diesel
Sport appearance package
Bed utility group
Premium light group
Level c equip group
Snow chief package
50 gallon fuel tank
Alpine speakers
Rubber floor mats
Rear wheelwell liners

I think that was it

Tater86

Reaction score
Curious, for all you 22 guys. Did Ram send you all a bottle of touch up paint after you took delivery? I tried to buy some touch up paint for my 23 today and dealer said it’s been taking a year to get touch up paint because Ram started to send all custom orders a bottle. Is this true ?

Cseybert

Reaction score
Not on my 22 3500 DRW custom order. Took possession in March 2022.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to tell you, you are posting on the 2022 Builds and Orders Thread instead of the 23, not that you can't, just telling you in case you did it on accident. I thought I saw you had a 23 on order.
Sorry. I suck with phones and technology.... I get mixed up which is which and just answer when I see a post come up on.my email.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Sorry. I suck with phones and technology.... I get mixed up which is which and just answer when I see a post come up on.my email.
No worries, just didn't want you to get bad data, 22 was arguably a train wreck for orders, 23 "seems" to be better.

Edit to add: Sorry 22 crew, I hate to even say that (above), I feel for you.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Curious, for all you 22 guys. Did Ram send you all a bottle of touch up paint after you took delivery? I tried to buy some touch up paint for my 23 today and dealer said it’s been taking a year to get touch up paint because Ram started to send all custom orders a bottle. Is this true ?
Nope, but I did get 10 free oil changes, and a free 100k miles 7 year warranty

Users who are viewing this thread