Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

kvp

Reaction score
Finally some news, but I won't be holding my breath as the last news I had in October didn't pan out.
Email from dealer:

1-20-2023
Congratulations, your new vehicle is ALMOST to the dealership. It should be here within the next 3 weeks or so.

10-20-2022
Stellantis has implemented a dedicated train service to get all the trucks that have been waiting to get moved out of the Saltillo plant. They have hired additional workers to identify these trucks and get them moved to the loading docks. They will sent to Shreveport then truck transported to the dealerships in this area. We should start to see these coming in to us within about 3 weeks.

Although I cannot tell you exactly when your truck will arrive, this is definitely several steps in the right direction and we will be reaching out to you as soon as we receive it.

line 851 original order 12-11-2021 arrived 3-26-2022
line 1388 second order order date 04-04-2022
vin 3C7WRTCJ7NG312148
post 30188 describes error that caused reorder

mlund100

Reaction score
I placed an Order for 2023 Ram 2500 with delivery date expected March 1st, 2023 - I am paying Sticker Price could not get a discount when order placed. Can anyone confirm what the SNOW CHIEF GROUP for 2023 includes for an alternator when ordered with the 6.4L V8?

Sticker prices for many 2023 Rams with 6.4L V8 show the following details . . . it does list multiple alternator options which is confusing
Snow Chief Group $1,155
Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle
Auxiliary Switches Prep
Instrument Panel Mounted Auxiliary Switches
Clearance Lamps LT275/70R18E OWL On/Off–Road Tires
Transfer Case Skid–Plate Shield
Dual Alternators Rated at 380 Amps
220-Amp Alternator

T_night

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea about “constructive Placement”? Finally after 10 months it’s in the country I’m just hoping this isn’t a issue. Dealer said he’s never seen that before!

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
I placed an Order for 2023 Ram 2500 with delivery date expected March 1st, 2023 - I am paying Sticker Price could not get a discount when order placed. Can anyone confirm what the SNOW CHIEF GROUP for 2023 includes for an alternator when ordered with the 6.4L V8?

Sticker prices for many 2023 Rams with 6.4L V8 show the following details . . . it does list multiple alternator options which is confusing
Snow Chief Group $1,155
Auxiliary Switches Prep
220-Amp Alternator

It will show the standard 190 amp alternator under standard equipment. If you got the Snow Chief package it comes with the 220 amp alternator which should show up under optional equipment. The 380 amp and 440 amp dual set ups are usually a seperate option. Dont know why that would be showing up under the Snow Chief Package.

ollicat

Reaction score

Snow Chief Group $1,155
Auxiliary Switches Prep
220-Amp Alternator
I ordered a similar truck and had the same question. Both options are listed so which are we getting?

joeycamp

Reaction score
Wondering about the Ram tracker estimated delivery date. After shipping on 1/4 it had the estimated delivery date of Jan 26. The other night it changed to Feb 3. This email from Ram cares states "Your order presently has an estimated dealership delivery window reflected as FEB-03-2023" Are these date for when the dealer gets it or when it should be ready for the customer to pick up?

Ironically I reached out to Aaron after it got to Port Allen on the 18th and explained I'll be in that part of the country around Feb 3rd and 4th and would be a prefect window of opportunity to pick it up then.

wormbat

Reaction score
My experience with RAM Tracker was as follows. My truck shipped out on Dec 27th with a estimated delivery date of Jan 25th. Train arrived in Kansas City on the 12th, truck waiting for final transport as per dealer info. Delivery date stay the same. On Jan 20th, the estimated delivery date on the tracker changed to Feb 2nd. Yesterday the 24th the tracker delivery date went back to Jan 25th and then to TBD. Got an email this morning that the truck had been delivered to the dealership on Monday the 23rd.

joeycamp

Reaction score
My experience with RAM Tracker was as follows. My truck shipped out on Dec 27th with an estimated delivery date of Jan 25th. Train arrived in Kansas City on the 12th, truck waiting for final transport as per dealer info. Delivery date stay the same. On Jan 20th, the estimated delivery date on the tracker changed to Feb 2nd. Yesterday the 24th the tracker delivery date went back to Jan 25th and then to TBD. Got an email this morning that the truck had been delivered to the dealership on Monday the 23rd.
Well that’s promising. Thanks

Big Baloo

Reaction score
I ordered a similar truck and had the same question. Both options are listed so which are we getting?
Standard Alternator typically is a 180 amp.
Upgraded single alternator is a 220 amp. (included in the snow chief/ snow plow group)
Optional dual alternators rated at 380 amps total. a 220 amp alternator and a 160 amp alternator. (not specifically included in the snow chief/plow group).
Optional to dual alternators rated at 440 amps total, is two 220 amp alternators. (not specifically included in the snow chief/plow group).

Sounds to me that you are getting the dual alternators rated at 380 amps total.

All this depends also on the model you choose Tradesmen thru Longhorn Limited.

Hope this helps.

joeycamp

Reaction score
It’s there at MD. Finally. Will show cleaner pics when I get there next week. Today is actually the original delivery date it said after it shipped. Before it changed to Feb 3

Attachments

• 4CED8511-D9E0-464C-AEA1-CF9AA1FFEF3B.jpeg
    4CED8511-D9E0-464C-AEA1-CF9AA1FFEF3B.jpeg
    440.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 2869B2CA-7109-40FE-A635-ABA1AD53FF49.jpeg
    2869B2CA-7109-40FE-A635-ABA1AD53FF49.jpeg
    443 KB · Views: 37

joeycamp

Reaction score
Anyone who took delivery from MD recently and was waiting for a long time were you able to stack the $1000 cash back offered now and the interest rates they’re offered last summer plus $500 Penfed? Only letting me take $1000 plus Pedfed $500 OR the interest deal of 3.9 for 72 months. Not even throwing in ceramic coat, extended warranty no nothing. Happy with the deal I got off msrp but would have been happier if I got it back in September or October.

RickD40742

Reaction score
Anyone who took delivery from MD recently and was waiting for a long time were you able to stack the $1000 cash back offered now and the interest rates they’re offered last summer plus $500 Penfed? Only letting me take $1000 plus Pedfed $500 OR the interest deal of 3.9 for 72 months. Not even throwing in ceramic coat, extended warranty no nothing. Happy with the deal I got off msrp but would have been happier if I got it back in September or October.

I still had 3K off MSRP at the time of pickup, but they took 5K off my trade in with 5-6% apr. I was going to decline the truck as a result, but they eventually secured 1.9% apr and I ultimately accepted. I feel the deal should be secured at time of order, not when the truck finally arrives. I was told 1-2 months when it actually took over 7 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bslow

Reaction score
They accepted mine from when I ordered it. Was told rates are going up again tomorrow.
I still had 3K off MSRP at the time of pickup, but they took 5K off my trade in with 5-6% apr. I was going to decline the truck as a result, but they eventually secured 1.9% apr and I ultimately accepted. I feel the deal should be secured at time of order, not when the truck finally arrives. I was told 1-2 months when it actually took over 7 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeycamp

Reaction score
They accepted mine from when I ordered it. Was told rates are going up again tomorrow.
I get it now that I spoke to them. It's either the incentive at time of order OR whatever incentive they have now. So it's either 3.9 for 72 months OR $1000 off plus $500 off with penfed. Always thought penfed was anytime but guess not. My CU wants 5.79 for 72 months so mathematically taking their 3.9 is a better deal.

Farm boy

Reaction score
Finally got my truck Friday after 11 months.
3500 mega cab Laramie loaded with all the opp.
Took it straight to the tire store to get new ones. then it went to the detailer to get windows tinted, bed cover and ceramic coating put on. So now it's finally home.
IMG_0985.jpg

TRXCNB

Reaction score
My truck shows as shipped January 4.
Up until yesterday it had an estimated delivery date for February 06. The tracker now shows TBD...
Brv10? Can you please see where it may be?
NG339632...
Would be much appreciated!

joeycamp

Reaction score
My truck shows as shipped January 4.
Up until yesterday it had an estimated delivery date for February 06. The tracker now shows TBD...
Brv10? Can you please see where it may be?
NG339632...
Would be much appreciated!
Shipped same day. Tracker said delivery date 1/26 then last week changed to 2/3 actually got to MD yesterday 1/26

Users who are viewing this thread