Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

60mtnrun

Reaction score
If youre willing to travel to Reno NV I can share my salespersons contact info. I got about 11% off MSRP and he told me he would do invoice on any orders I sent his way. I bought from Dolan Ram in Reno and I live in Lake Tahoe, CA
Would it be possible if you could message me the dealership in Reno Nevada also? I’m in Roseville/ Sacramento and there’s no real good deals here. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Lockhart2020

Reaction score
To my Canadian counter parts on this great form how long did it take you to get your von or Vin from your dealer on your build

Ordered 22-01-13 from Leduc Dodge, AB VON in about a week, VIN about a month after. Build mid April and delivered to the Edmonton rail yard yesterday. Over all extremely quickly

Cwilder655

Reaction score
Afternoon. Completely new here but I’m out of options. I ordered my 2022 ram 3500 Oct 31st. The truck hit “shipment status” march 14th. Then had to deal with and “update” to their ETA system. My truck is literally sitting there in Saltillo, Mexico ready for shipment. Is anyone else dealing with this? I can’t get an answer for an ETA for my dealership.
Mines been sitting there since the March 17th

Keep_it_fair

Reaction score
Mine is coming to California. I would hope they won’t put it on a boat so it can sit out in the ocean even longer! I agree, I can be a patient person but at this point I’m becoming more and more frustrated by the day. I have a dodge already, so I’m okay for now. But come on! I ordered this truck for a reason! I was told by my dealer on March 2nd that I should see it by the end of the month. They are used to trucks having shipment time of 2-3 weeks once they hit shipment status. Well that date has come and gone and I need answers!
Where did u order from? My truck has been in KXT for weeks now. Mine is supposed to arrive in Costa Mesa. Every time I call, ETA seems to get pushed up another week.

Nealy065

Reaction score
Afternoon. Completely new here but I’m out of options. I ordered my 2022 ram 3500 Oct 31st. The truck hit “shipment status” march 14th. Then had to deal with and “update” to their ETA system. My truck is literally sitting there in Saltillo, Mexico ready for shipment. Is anyone else dealing with this? I can’t get an answer for an ETA for my dealership.
I didn’t order that long ago, however my truck was built March 7th and I’m in the same status. A little over 9 weeks since build date with no ETA.

MANDY

Reaction score
Where did u order from? My truck has been in KXT for weeks now. Mine is supposed to arrive in Costa Mesa. Every time I call, ETA seems to get pushed up another week.
I ordered from Bakersfield. RamChat won’t give me an ETA at all. I’ve opened up a case with them and all they tell me is my order is being prioritized and blah blah blah and that I will get an update as soon as one’s available. At this point I’m willing to make arrangements to go get it myself!

6inarow

Reaction score
My truck has landed at my door. It survived the journey from Mark Dodge (~1300 miles), thankfully. My shipper mentioned he was hit yesterday and it almost damaged the truck, we lucked out. Included a photo of his damaged trailer.

Attachments

• C3CAA6F8-8AD9-4459-AB12-7B47ED3B700D.jpeg
    C3CAA6F8-8AD9-4459-AB12-7B47ED3B700D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 113
  • A46DE6E4-FA65-4B89-A4DB-ADB662964CB0.jpeg
    A46DE6E4-FA65-4B89-A4DB-ADB662964CB0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 115
  • 601442A0-2956-4497-AD32-D4221AE1D1AF.jpeg
    601442A0-2956-4497-AD32-D4221AE1D1AF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
  • AABC7DAA-6B3E-4D0D-A29F-89ACC92FAB0B.jpeg
    AABC7DAA-6B3E-4D0D-A29F-89ACC92FAB0B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117

Keep_it_fair

Reaction score
I ordered from Bakersfield. RamChat won’t give me an ETA at all. I’ve opened up a case with them and all they tell me is my order is being prioritized and blah blah blah and that I will get an update as soon as one’s available. At this point I’m willing to make arrangements to go get it myself!
What date did u order. My last ram chat (today) said the truck is on the way to the dealership. I ask is it sitting on a train or in a yard? " I'm sorry we don't have that information" she said.
I said; U mean to tell me that they have no clue where millions of dollars worth of trucks are. She said sorry we don't have that information. Like I say. It's comical to me now.

G rams

Reaction score
Ordered 22-01-13 from Leduc Dodge, AB VON in about a week, VIN about a month after. Build mid April and delivered to the Edmonton rail yard yesterday. Over all extremely quickly
One of the lucky ones, Congratulations. 8 months and waiting for me. Enjoy your new truck.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Vin?

MANDY

Reaction score
What date did u order. My last ram chat (today) said the truck is on the way to the dealership. I ask is it sitting on a train or in a yard? " I'm sorry we don't have that information" she said.
I said; U mean to tell me that they have no clue where millions of dollars worth of trucks are. She said sorry we don't have that information. Like I say. It's comical to me now.
I ordered 10/31/2021. I have legit said the same thing to ramchat: “you guys mean to tell me we that you trucks worth thousands of dollars and you can’t track them better?!?!”

NightTrain

Reaction score
I ordered 10/31/2021. I have legit said the same thing to ramchat: “you guys mean to tell me we that you trucks worth thousands of dollars and you can’t track them better?!?!”
Keep in mind, they are shipping thousands of vehicles daily worldwide and rely on the transport companies - rail, truck and ship, to feed tracking info back. There is a lot of useful information on this thread to track your order in the shipping phase. Your best bet is to find out what mode of transport your order is shipping by then see if you can get a railcar number, ship name, etc.... from your dealer.

MANDY

Reaction score
Keep in mind, they are shipping thousands of vehicles daily worldwide and rely on the transport companies - rail, truck and ship, to feed tracking info back. There is a lot of useful information on this thread to track your order in the shipping phase. Your best bet is to find out what mode of transport your order is shipping by then see if you can get a railcar number, ship name, etc.... from your dealer.
For sure. But I would have to have the truck physically moved/shipped from the truck plant in Mexico to be able to track it. It hasn’t even left there… for the last 2 months! I get it, 1000’s of vehicles to move to many places and I’m a piece of straw in a hay bell.

arx237

Reaction score

Nearest I can tell there are three levels of info:
  1. Forum insider: Best info out there with access to the actual FCA internal network
  2. Dealer: Dealer connect access ran by 3rd party who gets info apparently only when its convenient for FCA to give it. Often behind the above source by a day of two.
  3. RamChat: Their system is the one line summary of your order that probably gets its info from Dealer connect. Don't be mad at them, that vague description is all they have access to.

NightTrain

Reaction score
For sure. But I would have to have the truck physically moved/shipped from the truck plant in Mexico to be able to track it. It hasn’t even left there… for the last 2 months! I get it, 1000’s of vehicles to move to many places and I’m a piece of straw in a hay bell.
Ah - didn't realize you were stuck at the plant. Hope it gets moving soon.

techman

Reaction score
This will be my first Ram and only the second vehicle I have ever ordered from a factory. Usually I settle for something on the lot, but these are very different times.

Just for some contrasting experience, I ordered a BMW several years ago and I was actually sent pictures/videos of the car being assembled the day it was happening. And the build/delivery dates were down to the day including the option of factory delivery, which I did.

So, it is possible for a car manufacturer to keep customers in the loop as so far as they wanted to.

But again, different times! Hurry up and wait.

Users who are viewing this thread