Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

EdgyCanuck

Reaction score
Hey all, I ordered a Ram Power Wagon December 29, 2021 in Canada. The dealer just called and said its in "D status so there is a Vin number". Any idea as to when it might be built or even when I might expect to see it? Yes I realize crystal ball with COVID or throw a dart at a board........ but just looking for some experience here. I've never done a build and price through a dealer before.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Fair but regardless of when production date is it looks like post production orders move through in higher volumes than pre production orders. Doesn’t seem like there is any statistical benefit to ordering pre-production… your odds would be better waiting until production has actually started… also having options firmed up probably helps it move through faster as well.
I this case the 22's were an option fiasco, you could get the package, then you couldn't then you could, total disaster, and that was on our end, imagine the other end from suppliers, shipping and production schedules for all those people and plants.

dynocompe

Reaction score
Hey all, I ordered a Ram Power Wagon December 29, 2021 in Canada. The dealer just called and said its in "D status so there is a Vin number". Any idea as to when it might be built or even when I might expect to see it? Yes I realize crystal ball with COVID or throw a dart at a board........ but just looking for some experience here. I've never done a build and price through a dealer before.
do you have your vin number? Post it in the spreadsheet, guys like brv10 help keep our orders updated, but they need VIN numbers to do it. Also helps us guage our orders! I am a Canuck too, ordered a mega limited on Dec. 6th, I am D1 now! I think Power Wagons have been getting built quicker. Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...jqFtyJfuADQC5i5D7fX4lQqrQ/edit#gid=1884861679

Stdsma11

Reaction score
Same here. Went KZLD last Thursday 1/20. Checked with Ram Chat today and still waiting to be shipped out… hopefully they get it on a train this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s not fair, I was not given this option
I think he is joking. When you order the 2500 it’s not an option unless he is some celebrity if some kind which I have heard some automotive companies would special order their vehicles with whatever they desire.

Reaction score
I ordered my Mega cab 3500 with the HO Cummins on12/31/21 through Mark Dodge. I updated my VIN to the spreadsheet and looking over the spreadsheet, looks like I may be waiting a while. In the meantime, I can look at the pic from the Ram build and price webpage and hope the supply chain doesn't crash.

Attachments

• iris.jpeg.jpg
    iris.jpeg.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 75

MrTaz

Reaction score
You are absolutely correct! It seems to be a guessing game as to what excately you are getting. That option my be available when you order, but not available when the proposed build starts. I'm wondering if this senerio is causing many members to wait forever for their build to begin?
I would say that is most likely happening. Most likely the reason the first truck that I ordered and canceled hasn't been built yet. The color I ordered for it is no longer an option.

NCHorseHauler

Reaction score
I bet that 4x2 threw them for a loop. If I had to guess, I would say you are the only one on here that ordered a 2 wheel drive truck.
About ready to order a 3500 HO and wondering if some of my preferred options are going to slow this truck build? Any opinions will be appreciated for input:

2WD: We use the truck exclusively for highway miles pulling large horse trailer - have gone 30 years without getting stuck using 2WD - is ordering a 2WD so rare as to slow it down?
Air Suspense: We can have air suspension added after market - pros/cons?
Proposed build below. Thanks!

POWERTRAIN​

6.7L I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel Engine
$12,195

6-Speed Automatic Aisin AS69RC HD Transmission

GVW Rating - 12,000 Pounds

3.73 Axle Ratio

Automatic-Leveling Rear Air-Suspension
$1,705

Dual Alternators Rated at 440 Amps
$395

50-Gallon Fuel Tank
$295

PACKAGES​

Level A Equipment Group
$1,870

Safety Group B
$2,520

5th Wheel / Gooseneck Towing Prep Group
$545

EXTERIOR​

Monotone Exterior Colors:Delmonico Red Pearl-Coat Exterior Paint
$100
Lighting:Clearance Lamps
$95

Lighting:LED Bed Lighting
$165

Lighting:Front Fog Lamps
$195

Lighting:Center Stop Lamp with Cargo-View Camera
$345

Wheels:18-Inch x 8.0-Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels
$545

Tires:LT275/70R18E BSW All-Season Tires
$0

Side Steps & Running Boards:Flat Wheel-to-Wheel Chrome Side Steps
$745

Tonneau Covers:Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
$695

Bedliners:Spray-In Bedliner by Mopar®
$600

Additional Exterior Features:Rear Wheelhouse Liners
$195

INTERIOR​

Five-Passenger Seating:premium Cloth Bucket Seats
$295

Entertainment:Uconnect® 5 with 8.4-Inch Touch Screen Display
$0

Interior Design:7.0-Inch TFT Color Display-Cluster
$75
O
Interior Design:Black Vinyl Floor Covering
$0

Additional Interior Features:115-Volt Auxiliary Front Power-Outlet
$210

Additional Interior Features:Instrument Panel Mounted Auxiliary Switches
$155

Safety & Security Systems:parkSense® Front and Rear Park-Assist System
$395

dynocompe

Reaction score
About ready to order a 3500 HO and wondering if some of my preferred options are going to slow this truck build? Any opinions will be appreciated for input:

2WD: We use the truck exclusively for highway miles pulling large horse trailer - have gone 30 years without getting stuck using 2WD - is ordering a 2WD so rare as to slow it down?

POWERTRAIN​

$12,195

3.73 Axle Ratio

$1,705

$395

50-Gallon Fuel Tank
$295

PACKAGES​

Level A Equipment Group
$1,870

Safety Group B
$2,520

$545

EXTERIOR​

$100
$95

$165

$195

$345

$545

$0

$745

$695

$600

$195

INTERIOR​

$295

$0

$75
O
$0

$210

$155

$395
the last truck I bought in 2019, i bought because I wanted a new truck, it didnt have all the options I wanted but it had the deal I wanted and it was available much sooner than trying to find my exact truck I wanted. Well thats why I am here today waiting on my 22., ordered the truck I actually wanted, with every option I desired. My dealer told me not to order blindspot, sunroof, night edition and one other thing, i forget. I ordered all of them except sunroof because I dont want a sunroof. My truck is in D1 status in a month. I wouldnt base my options of whats going to get you the truck faster, I would base the options on getting the truck you actually want.
But to answer your question, the HO itself seems to take longer to build, so you may want to get the SO if you are looking for a quicker build. The safety group B dropped would probably speed things up, these safety features are chip heavy and the less tech in the truck, the faster on average it will be built for sure!

kevin588127

Reaction score

POWERTRAIN​

$12,195

3.73 Axle Ratio

$1,705

$395

50-Gallon Fuel Tank
$295

PACKAGES​

Level A Equipment Group
$1,870

Safety Group B
$2,520

$545

EXTERIOR​

$100
$95

$165

$195

$345

$545

$0

$745

$695

$600

$195

INTERIOR​

$295

$0

$75
O
$0

$210

$155

$395
Looks like a great truck. I would order it just as you want it, no telling what options will or won't slow your build.
I really thought I want the air suspension. Watched a few videos of guys saying how great it was. Then I hit Google. Found quite a few people complaining about it throwing codes and various other issues. I decided to go without it. I don't like that it is tied into the trucks wiring and didn't like the bag design. Seemed that if a bag failed, you were done. I'm going to opt for an aftermarket one if I do it at all. Just my .02 on it.

Users who are viewing this thread