Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Scubaz66

Reaction score
You have to take option information with a grain of salt. They can change from day to day depending on what parts are in short supply.
You are absolutely correct! It seems to be a guessing game as to what excately you are getting. That option my be available when you order, but not available when the proposed build starts. I'm wondering if this senerio is causing many members to wait forever for their build to begin?

threepwood79

Reaction score
I took delivery yesterday from Mark Dodge. Dale and Charles were very helpful. Pricing was exactly as agreed, about 8% below, but paid for extended warranty and it couldn't have been a better experience. They had everything ready for me when I arrived. Highly recommended!
2022 RAM 3500 LIMITED 6.4L HEMI Sunroof, Rear Air suspension, RamBox, Bed Cover. DELMONICO RED.
Nice truck. I'm waiting on a Laramie; Hemi; Sunroof; night edition; same color. How much was the extended warranty, if you don't mind sharing?

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Finally got some pics from my salesman. 2.5” Carli level kit with track bar, method wheels, Nitto ridge grapplers tires. Have Go Rhino running boards and mud flaps at home waiting to install. Will finally be picking it up on the 27th. Can’t wait.
Looks awesome! What size tires?

Woolfman

Reaction score
That’s great news but also a little crazy that it took 2 months to go D1. I don’t understand the randomness of these builds
Maybe it's because I changed it to a night edition and HO's seem to be a little slower too.

NewRamMan

Reaction score
Rig FINALLY made it to the dealer after spending a month at the railhead storage lot…frustrating! Now making progress.
Here’s a few pics.

d1f57aa6fc8726c9c6e3ef00b01da8ab.jpg

4971ba25311cb1bdb853d41f7b9b5a1b.jpg

d5a8c97417fe9b02a8d8bbca10858f48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats. Mine is sitting in same lot as yours in Kellogg. Same color only sport Laramie. Waiting for accessories to be installed and then flight to Spokane

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I received a call from my sales person today they said, my truck should be leaving Baltimore and be at the dealership the 1st week of February. That made my day. I hope it’s true, it will ship November 13. NG100558
Sure hope so, another member got his truck from another ship, and the status didn't change. Lot of good tracking by boat does.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
So still not sure exactly what lands one in the “backlog” bin but I have gotten some information pertaining to pre-production “backlog” orders. Apparently they are in the mid-late July range on building these and they trickle through at <5% plant capacity (doesn’t seem like a priority if you ask me) but if you couple this info with plant uptime (days running since production start) and the info people provide here on the spreadsheet marking build vs. order date. It seems to be that this “backlog” is cleared at a rate such that 1 week of pre-production customer sold orders is taking about 2 weeks to clear through the plant. ( this likely puts my build date into the end of February to early March) but not sure as still D status and ordered the week prior to production start up. But this would mean that there will be an inflection point in mid March where the plant is finally caught up on pre-production orders, the last ones should hit production by the end of the first week of March. Sad news for many of us… but at least they have a strategy it seems. Also maybe a note for people looking at ordering a 23 that you don’t need to run to order pre-production you can wait to see a more finalized equipment list that they actually know they have parts for and you will have a statistical advantage at being built sooner vs. jumping in and ordering at first availability. You might receive the truck the same day ordering 4 months later
The 23 production date is a ways off.

franko

Reaction score
Welp. Looks like I am getting my first taste of the nonsense. Ordered on 12/11/21, was told by dealership went D1 on 12/20 (seemed quick) with an est shipping date of 1/29/22. Checked back today and told I am still D1 with "No ETA". Glad I haven't done more to prepare to sell my current ride other than put the stock shocks back on. Settling in for what feels could be a long/normal wait. The frustrating part is the complete lack of rhyme or reason as to why. Watched the build sheets start popping up for trucks ordered after me, along with their window stickers. Oh well, the longer they take, the better chance I have enough patience to not drive it in the snow/salt before getting the under coating (RP342) and ceramic done.

View attachment 30800
I ordered the week before you and had an estimated ship date of 1/9. Ended up getting the equipment list and window sticker on 1/10. Actual ship date wasnt until 1/12.
I wouldn't start worrying until you are at least a couple days past that 1/29 date.

223500DRW

Reaction score
so contacted ram chat today to see what bs info they had to give out and got all parts accounted for and is scheduled to build In the next two weeks no dates given. so after being told I was waiting on parts yesterday I was being told same info from the 855 778 8326 number yesterday called and got a English speaking woman who said my order date then d1 11 days later and I'm still sitting d1 and have been for 47 days. so I'm just waiting my turn in the assembly line. curious to see what my dealer would say if I went and asked them. they have not provided any info to me at all. a info has been ram chat. I'm just waiting like you all for the lottery build date. really feel for anyone who has been the long time waiters. I have been waiting 71 days from my original order day so far with neither of the two trucks built yet.

Oyou812

Reaction score
Okay, here is my Ram Limited 3500 Dually order timeline:

Ordered on October 5th 2021
VIN Received Date: October 8th 2021
Status D Received Date: November 11 2021
Ship Date: 12/21/21 was told this on Dec 9, 2021
Picked Up from Dealership Date: 1/15/22

I am located in North Texas.

I hope this is helpful for those of you who are waiting on their truck to come in.

Texasram1

Reaction score
Okay, here is my Ram Limited 3500 Dually order timeline:

Ordered on October 5th 2021
VIN Received Date: October 8th 2021
Status D Received Date: November 11 2021
Ship Date: 12/21/21 was told this on Dec 9, 2021
Picked Up from Dealership Date: 1/15/22

I am located in North Texas.

I hope this is helpful for those of you who are waiting on their truck to come in.
Congrats. Which dealer?

Shootist

Reaction score
Do you by chance have a digital rear view camera? I was told that even if you have the surround view camera, if you have the digital rearview, then you don't get the cargo camera as an option. Correct me if I'm wrong please. I was looking at a 1500 the other day that had this setup.
I have both.

Shootist

Reaction score
My actual Window Sticker had higher price than original POC. Many dealers including mine honored original price without even mentioning increase. Other dealers have tried to up the price once truck arrived, one reportedly trying for MSRP. Hopefully your dealer is in the first group. If in second group you could always cancel and demand your deposit back. Then go to Mark Dodge or other dealer that is selling below invoice - probably save as much or more than yours went up but obvious downside is 12-16 week wait for new orderM

My dealer showed me the invoice from factory. It actually went down from the original price when I ordered. They said no problem with the pricing. Got a better deal.

Shootist

Reaction score
I ordered my limited 17 weeks ago and still not even past a vin number for movement so pray to the ram gods you don’t get lost in ram land
Something isn't right. A friend of mine ordered a Mega limited two months ago and it's already shipped. I feel your pain as it took 5 months for mine. NOT sure what goes on at the factory.

Diesel_Addict

Reaction score
Something isn't right. A friend of mine ordered a Mega limited two months ago and it's already shipped. I feel your pain as it took 5 months for mine. NOT sure what goes on at the factory.

What engine did he order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stellanti

Reaction score
The 23 production date is a ways off.
Fair but regardless of when production date is it looks like post production orders move through in higher volumes than pre production orders. Doesn’t seem like there is any statistical benefit to ordering pre-production… your odds would be better waiting until production has actually started… also having options firmed up probably helps it move through faster as well.

Users who are viewing this thread