Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

gator6

Reaction score
Getting work done on the Pacifica today at CJDR Jacksonville. They have so many new 1500s and a few 2500s here, but no 3500s.

I did get to experience the Black and Tan Longhorn interior, so looking forward to it! Beyond that still no HD to test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunny2021

Reaction score
Anybody know what this cable coming out of the spare tire is? A sort of lock mechanism? Forgot to ask the dealer. Thx

Attachments

• IMG_4984.jpg
    IMG_4984.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 88

ACEd

Reaction score
Anybody know what this cable coming out of the spare tire is? A sort of lock mechanism? Forgot to ask the dealer. Thx
Nothing like that on mine - Best guess is lock - do you have a key for it?

rossagge

Reaction score
It's a spare tire cable lock. MD puts them on their trucks. Aaron told me they had thieves taking whatever they could get. Couldn't find my key for it, but eventually did. It was under manuals in glove box. They give it to the customer. Edit: Left mine on since I've been road tripping. Will take Off when I wash it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
b37f4019b87e4334c44d733385d1f7d3.jpg

Last edited:

misnjak

Reaction score
Does anyone have an options list / Actaul order sheet for 2500’s as the website build feature seems to have some inconsistencies. Thank you.

sunny2021

Reaction score
It's a spare tire cable lock. MD puts them on their trucks. Aaron told me they had thieves taking whatever they could get. Couldn't find my key for it, but eventually did. It was under manuals in glove box. They give it to the customer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Cool. I'll go look for a key. Thanks

killborn

Reaction score
Hey all, I ordered a Ram Power Wagon December 29, 2021 in Canada. The dealer just called and said its in "D status so there is a Vin number". Any idea as to when it might be built or even when I might expect to see it? Yes I realize crystal ball with COVID or throw a dart at a board........ but just looking for some experience here. I've never done a build and price through a dealer before.
That is pretty awesome. I ordered a 3500 Cummins Longhorn out in Alberta a couple weeks ago. Impressed to see a Canadian order move so fast. My dealer estimate was 6 (to 8) months.

MrTaz

Reaction score
It depends a lot on how you use it - On the road pulling trailers 2WD gets you a bit more tow capacity due to lower weight and it is less maintenance with theoretically slightly better fuel mileage. But off road in mud or snow, 4WD is the way to go.
Interestingly enough though is the Tire Selection - the Transforce HT is a Highway Tread (read 2WD) - not really what you would put on a 4WD thats going to be used as 4WD. I would expect mild AT tires on any 4WD.
Also interesting certain configurations like the MegaCab are only available in 4WD.
Yea, I always wondered about the Megacab restriction. You know there has to be at least a few people that would want a 2WD version

ClawSS

Reaction score
Confirmed. It's film
Wow...ok. Hmmm. That is not (can't seem to locate) itemized on my Mega Limited . I am really sorry to bother on this, but can you tell me the extent of coverage? Or if someone knows of a thread elsewhere on the topic, I would love a link. I am off to search too.

Jmar

Reaction score
Checked with CSX Railroad and the automated system said that the rail car that my truck is on arrived at PA Trans Negress at 1-24-22 at 8am. Not sure what that means. Anyone know ?
Mine arrived at twin oaks PA the same day. Now it needs to be off loaded and then sits in the lot till the tranporters pick them up and deliver to the dealer. Mines heading to Toms River NJ.

Dan222500

Reaction score
We are going to use the truck for towing an RV. Don't go off road enough to justify 4x4. Plus even when I've had it I have not ever "needed" to use it. Since we were ordering the truck we choose to get it the way we wanted it. FCA should rethink their factory if that throws them off.
It's better to have it and never need it! 4x4 is worth it's weight in gold when you need it!

pete2833

Reaction score
Mine arrived at twin oaks PA the same day. Now it needs to be off loaded and then sits in the lot till the tranporters pick them up and deliver to the dealer. Mines heading to Toms River NJ.
Ok thanks. I would assume mine is in a rail yard somewhere. I live it Pittsburgh Pa but ordered from a dealer just over the state line into Ohio so not sure which yard it would go to.

sunny2021

Reaction score
Wow...ok. Hmmm. That is not (can't seem to locate) itemized on my Mega Limited . I am really sorry to bother on this, but can you tell me the extent of coverage? Or if someone knows of a thread elsewhere on the topic, I would love a link. I am off to search too.
The extent of the coverage is the 6" spot behind the rear wheel on both sides.

2500CTD

Reaction score
I placed a factory order on Jan. 16th for 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4
VON# 53374887
VIN# 3C6UR5KL1NG244942
I would like to be added to the list for progress updates on the build, how and where do I apply?
Thanks in advance...

misnjak

Reaction score
Does anyone have an options list / Actaul order sheet for 2500’s as the website build feature seems to have some inconsistencies. Thank you.
I emailed dealer I’m working with but haven’t received anything…

Users who are viewing this thread