Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

ACEd

Reaction score
I bet that 4x2 threw them for a loop. If I had to guess, I would say you are the only one on here that ordered a 2 wheel drive truck.
Actually there are 11 2WD on the tracking sheet (1.3% of those tracked)
And just for the heck of it, 51% of orders are 2500, 47% 3500, 1% other.
And 83% of 874 total trucks (as of 1/21) are SRW (67% of the 3500s) and 17% are DRW
And finally 25% are Hemi, 41% are Diesel SO, and 34% are Diesel HO (71% of the 3500s)

NCHorseHauler

Reaction score
the last truck I bought in 2019, i bought because I wanted a new truck, it didnt have all the options I wanted but it had the deal I wanted and it was available much sooner than trying to find my exact truck I wanted. Well thats why I am here today waiting on my 22., ordered the truck I actually wanted, with every option I desired. My dealer told me not to order blindspot, sunroof, night edition and one other thing, i forget. I ordered all of them except sunroof because I dont want a sunroof. My truck is in D1 status in a month. I wouldnt base my options of whats going to get you the truck faster, I would base the options on getting the truck you actually want.
But to answer your question, the HO itself seems to take longer to build, so you may want to get the SO if you are looking for a quicker build. The safety group B dropped would probably speed things up, these safety features are chip heavy and the less tech in the truck, the faster on average it will be built for sure!
Good advice. I am afraid of the chip dependency on Safety Group B, but I am addicted to Adaptive cruise - so wait we will. Thanks!

NCHorseHauler

Reaction score
Looks like a great truck. I would order it just as you want it, no telling what options will or won't slow your build.
I really thought I want the air suspension. Watched a few videos of guys saying how great it was. Then I hit Google. Found quite a few people complaining about it throwing codes and various other issues. I decided to go without it. I don't like that it is tied into the trucks wiring and didn't like the bag design. Seemed that if a bag failed, you were done. I'm going to opt for an aftermarket one if I do it at all. Just my .02 on it.
Good feedback - thanks!

ACEd

Reaction score
About ready to order a 3500 HO and wondering if some of my preferred options are going to slow this truck build? Any opinions will be appreciated for input:

2WD: We use the truck exclusively for highway miles pulling large horse trailer - have gone 30 years without getting stuck using 2WD - is ordering a 2WD so rare as to slow it down?
Air Suspense: We can have air suspension added after market - pros/cons?
Proposed build below. Thanks!

POWERTRAIN​

6.7L I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel Engine
$12,195

6-Speed Automatic Aisin AS69RC HD Transmission

GVW Rating - 12,000 Pounds

3.73 Axle Ratio

Automatic-Leveling Rear Air-Suspension
$1,705

Dual Alternators Rated at 440 Amps
$395

50-Gallon Fuel Tank
$295

PACKAGES​

Level A Equipment Group
$1,870

Safety Group B
$2,520

5th Wheel / Gooseneck Towing Prep Group
$545

EXTERIOR​

Monotone Exterior Colors:Delmonico Red Pearl-Coat Exterior Paint
$100
Lighting:Clearance Lamps
$95

Lighting:LED Bed Lighting
$165

Lighting:Front Fog Lamps
$195

Lighting:Center Stop Lamp with Cargo-View Camera
$345

Wheels:18-Inch x 8.0-Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels
$545

Tires:LT275/70R18E BSW All-Season Tires
$0

Side Steps & Running Boards:Flat Wheel-to-Wheel Chrome Side Steps
$745

Tonneau Covers:Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
$695

Bedliners:Spray-In Bedliner by Mopar®
$600

Additional Exterior Features:Rear Wheelhouse Liners
$195

INTERIOR​

Five-Passenger Seating:premium Cloth Bucket Seats
$295

Entertainment:Uconnect® 5 with 8.4-Inch Touch Screen Display
$0

Interior Design:7.0-Inch TFT Color Display-Cluster
$75
O
Interior Design:Black Vinyl Floor Covering
$0

Additional Interior Features:115-Volt Auxiliary Front Power-Outlet
$210

Additional Interior Features:Instrument Panel Mounted Auxiliary Switches
$155

Safety & Security Systems:parkSense® Front and Rear Park-Assist System
$395
Seems to be pretty random - some early issues with Sunroof availability. But pretty much all the other options incl HO and 2WD seem to move about the same (though I dont think I have seen that combination before - but only about 1% of trucks are 2WD). Higher end options (as long as they are available when you place order - recall Power Fold Mirror removal from some option pkg) dont seem to have any direct relation to build - In fact no one has been able to predict the Lottery. I would say order it like you want it.

Stdsma11

Reaction score
Looks like a great truck. I would order it just as you want it, no telling what options will or won't slow your build.
I really thought I want the air suspension. Watched a few videos of guys saying how great it was. Then I hit Google. Found quite a few people complaining about it throwing codes and various other issues. I decided to go without it. I don't like that it is tied into the trucks wiring and didn't like the bag design. Seemed that if a bag failed, you were done. I'm going to opt for an aftermarket one if I do it at all. Just my .02 on it.
What aftermarket airbags you recommend?

Rockman

Reaction score
Okay, here is my Ram Limited 3500 Dually order timeline:

Ordered on October 5th 2021
VIN Received Date: October 8th 2021
Status D Received Date: November 11 2021
Ship Date: 12/21/21 was told this on Dec 9, 2021
Picked Up from Dealership Date: 1/15/22

I am located in North Texas.

I hope this is helpful for those of you who are waiting on their truck to come in.
Ordered same day.. mine is still chillin at pearland Texas rail yard

Reaction score
I been in D since sept 22 when dealer told me I had a vin that’s only movement. Took from November 9 when I first noticed I was being skipped for builds i got told I’d have answers in 24-48 hours from ram chat it was over 2 months I got that email saying no updates at this time that was 2 weeks ago. Checked a week ago still 0 answers so I give up and very disappointed
If you'd like for me to look over your priced order confirmation, I'd be happy to tell you if I see any backordered items or apparent issues causing it. I have many in the same boat and that is usually the case. Either send it in a pm or to andrea@azfleetsales.com.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Actually there are 11 2WD on the tracking sheet (1.3% of those tracked)
And just for the heck of it, 51% of orders are 2500, 47% 3500, 1% other.
And 83% of 874 total trucks (as of 1/21) are SRW (67% of the 3500s) and 17% are DRW
And finally 25% are Hemi, 41% are Diesel SO, and 34% are Diesel HO (71% of the 3500s)
Interesting. More 2WDs than I thought there would be. I know I rarely ever see one. I guess it depends on where you live.

NightTrain

Reaction score
the last truck I bought in 2019, i bought because I wanted a new truck, it didnt have all the options I wanted but it had the deal I wanted and it was available much sooner than trying to find my exact truck I wanted. Well thats why I am here today waiting on my 22., ordered the truck I actually wanted, with every option I desired. My dealer told me not to order blindspot, sunroof, night edition and one other thing, i forget. I ordered all of them except sunroof because I dont want a sunroof. My truck is in D1 status in a month. I wouldnt base my options of whats going to get you the truck faster, I would base the options on getting the truck you actually want.
But to answer your question, the HO itself seems to take longer to build, so you may want to get the SO if you are looking for a quicker build. The safety group B dropped would probably speed things up, these safety features are chip heavy and the less tech in the truck, the faster on average it will be built for sure!
Couldn't agree more. Patience is not my strong suit so I contemplated buying a truck off the lot that didn't have all the options I wanted. In the end, I decided to order the truck spec'd with every option I wanted and wait for it. Would rather wait 6-8 months for a truck that I'm happy with than regret the purchase I made for the next 5-6 years.

pete2833

Reaction score
Checked with CSX Railroad and the automated system said that the rail car that my truck is on arrived at PA Trans Negress at 1-24-22 at 8am. Not sure what that means. Anyone know ?

cpr768

Reaction score
I bet that 4x2 threw them for a loop. If I had to guess, I would say you are the only one on here that ordered a 2 wheel drive truck.
We are going to use the truck for towing an RV. Don't go off road enough to justify 4x4. Plus even when I've had it I have not ever "needed" to use it. Since we were ordering the truck we choose to get it the way we wanted it. FCA should rethink their factory if that throws them off.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Anyone know why it seems the orders with H.O.'s seem to be taking longer unless you've spent 90k?
Those high dollar trucks are the manufacturer's bread and butter. More profit per unit verses a Tradesman or a Big Horn for example. If you have limited parts availability, you put those parts where they are the most profitable.

MrTaz

Reaction score
We are going to use the truck for towing an RV. Don't go off road enough to justify 4x4. Plus even when I've had it I have not ever "needed" to use it. Since we were ordering the truck we choose to get it the way we wanted it. FCA should rethink their factory if that throws them off.
Here in Florida with all the sandy road shoulders it is easy to get stuck with a 2WD unless you carry weight in the bed all the time. On the Gulf coast side of Florida there are plenty of places near the beach that are desirable to park for a walk down to the beach but you have watch for the soft sandy shoulders if you drive a 2WD and no weight in the bed of the truck.

ACEd

Reaction score
Interesting. More 2WDs than I thought there would be. I know I rarely ever see one. I guess it depends on where you live.
It depends a lot on how you use it - On the road pulling trailers 2WD gets you a bit more tow capacity due to lower weight and it is less maintenance with theoretically slightly better fuel mileage. But off road in mud or snow, 4WD is the way to go.
Interestingly enough though is the Tire Selection - the Transforce HT is a Highway Tread (read 2WD) - not really what you would put on a 4WD thats going to be used as 4WD. I would expect mild AT tires on any 4WD.
Also interesting certain configurations like the MegaCab are only available in 4WD.

sunny2021

Reaction score
What Window tint do you guys recommend? I live in North Texas so it's usually super hot in the summer. Ceramic vs Carbon? Or is there another option?

Thanks

Dark Sky

Reaction score
We had an F350 dually 4wd and towed a 5th wheel for 5 years. I didn't want 4wd but those were the days when you looked around on the lot and picked the truck you wanted. The distributor ordered nothing but 4wd so it was hard to avoid. Anyway, on 2 occasions we were in gravel/dirt campgrounds and I actually got stuck trying to get out. Even with an 18k trailer I couldn't move the rig until I put it in 4wd. We probably could have gotten out with a winch as there were some trees, but maybe we'd have had to call a tow truck. If I had a 2wd I would throw a good come-along into the tool box.
There were two other times we were glad we had 4wd. Both were in snow storms, driving without a trailer. I do respect the decision to get a 2wd. It's got some advantages for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread