Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Aisin down for the count….

Adam06

Reaction score
High temp grease can be sourced from any lubrication supplier. ASRC fluid is the same thing as Mobil 3309ATF. If they have everything else, tell them to get the substitute stuff and get the truck back together.
I asked and they receive it all as a kit. They don’t have any kits due to Stellantis not sending any because no grease or atf. No kit he said he can’t even schedule it. I have had made this appointment 2.5 months ago . This blows

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I asked and they receive it all as a kit. They don’t have any kits due to Stellantis not sending any because no grease or atf. No kit he said he can’t even schedule it. I have had made this appointment 2.5 months ago . This blows
The grease and the ASRC fluid are not shipped as part of the kit. Those are sourced by the dealer independently. That’s why they’re marked AR on the parts list. “As required”. The K1 kit includes the K1 drum (already pre-assembled) and the associated o-rings, gaskets, seals, and hardware necessary to perform the basic repair. Anything marked AR on that parts list is “as required” and is ordered through normal parts channels within mopar. I’m sure the parts supply is stalled right now due to the UAW strike. That doesn’t need to be a hold up for you. Mobil 3309 ATF is readily available online from multiple vendors, as is the high temperature grease.

I know someone with five K1 clutch repair kits sitting, waiting for a truck. Where are you located?IMG_3943.jpeg

Adam06

Reaction score
The grease and the ASRC fluid are not shipped as part of the kit. Those are sourced by the dealer independently. That’s why they’re marked AR on the parts list. “As required”. The K1 kit includes the K1 drum (already pre-assembled) and the associated o-rings, gaskets, seals, and hardware necessary to perform the basic repair. Anything marked AR on that parts list is “as required” and is ordered through normal parts channels within mopar. I’m sure the parts supply is stalled right now due to the UAW strike. That doesn’t need to be a hold up for you. Mobil 3309 ATF is readily available online from multiple vendors, as is the high temperature grease.

I know someone with five K1 clutch repair kits sitting, waiting for a truck. Where are you located?View attachment 63608
I’m located in santafe New Mexico

Adam06

Reaction score
He was the service manager and was annoying with his b.s. i figured he was full of it, I have to elk tags for this coming weekend and was hoping to have it fixed before going to the high country with my toy hauler. Can’t imagine what that would cost if truck broke way up there

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
He was the service manager and was annoying with his b.s. i figured he was full of it, I have to elk tags for this coming weekend and was hoping to have it fixed before going to the high country with my toy hauler. Can’t imagine what that would cost if truck broke way up there
Thousands. Just to have the trailer. I’ve had multiple owners from Canada have k1 failures in the lower 48 while on trips. One in particular spent north of $15k in tow bills and related expenses when the truck failed.

Adam06

Reaction score
Thousands. Just to have the trailer. I’ve had multiple owners from Canada have k1 failures in the lower 48 while on trips. One in particular spent north of $15k in tow bills and related expenses when the truck failed.
Ouch looks like I’m pulling out the old f250 power stroke for this one. She has never left me stranded

mwilley22

Reaction score
Here are the questions I use to collect data from each owner experiencing this type of failure:

Confirm it is a 2022 or 2023 truck with the aisin AS69RC or AS66RC transmission?

See Answers so far

So when I signed into my Ram Connect account, the 2022 Ram 3500 that failed did have the 71A Bulletin listed but we never received anything.

Our 2023 Ram 5500 was built 12-2022 but the 71A notice is not listed on our Ram Connect Account for this truck. Does your research show this truck will be ok or still up in the air?

1. Date you ordered them truck (if applicable) n/a

2. Date of manufacture (See sticker on driver door for "date of manufacture (Build date)) 9-2022

3. Date you purchased the truck Flew from Central Ohio to Chattanooga, TN to purchase truck from Crown Ram Jan 28, 2022

4. Mileage on odometer at the time of failure 17,827

5. Serial Number of failed transmission (see blue stamped metal tag on side of the transmission. It will be something like "2H-2345" - need to get

6. Serial Number of replacement transmission (if applicable)

7. Were you towing at the time of failure? yes, empty gooseneck

8. Did 1st through 4th gear work? no

9. Did reverse work? yes

10. What date did the transmission fail? 10-6-2023

11. When was the truck returned to you after repair? scheduled to go in on 10-13-2023

12. Did your dealer replace the transmission with a new unit or was the failed transmission repaired with parts?

13. Was / Is the truck currently identified under Customer Satisfaction Notification 71A? yes, did not receive notice but it is listed on my Ram Connect

Last edited:

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
See Answers so far

So when I signed into my Ram Connect account, the 2022 Ram 3500 that failed did have the 71A Bulletin listed but we never received anything.

Our 2023 Ram 5500 was built 12-2022 but the 71A notice is not listed on our Ram Connect Account for this truck. Does your research show this truck will be ok or still up in the air?

1. Date you ordered them truck (if applicable) n/a

2. Date of manufacture (See sticker on driver door for "date of manufacture (Build date)) 9-2022

3. Date you purchased the truck Flew from Central Ohio to Chattanooga, TN to purchase truck from Crown Ram Jan 28, 2022

4. Mileage on odometer at the time of failure 17,827

5. Serial Number of failed transmission (see blue stamped metal tag on side of the transmission. It will be something like "2H-2345" - need to get

6. Serial Number of replacement transmission (if applicable)

7. Were you towing at the time of failure? yes, empty gooseneck

8. Did 1st through 4th gear work? no

9. Did reverse work? yes

10. What date did the transmission fail? 10-6-2023

11. When was the truck returned to you after repair? scheduled to go in on 10-13-2023

12. Did your dealer replace the transmission with a new unit or was the failed transmission repaired with parts?

13. Was / Is the truck currently identified under Customer Satisfaction Notification 71A? yes, did not receive notice but it is listed on my Ram Connect
Based on my research, I would say there’s a chance that 2023 truck may be susceptible due to the 12-2022 build date. Can’t confirm though.

mwilley22

Reaction score
Based on my research, I would say there’s a chance that 2023 truck may be susceptible due to the 12-2022 build date. Can’t confirm though.
To add to my answers the other day, the blue tag on my trans says "2H-3109". It gets Dx'd tomorrow. You can put my info under my name, Monica Gray
Thank you

mwilley22

Reaction score
My truck went in on Friday and today they said they are trying to locate the k1 kits. We are in Central Ohio, they said they had to check the closest dealerships first. No ETA on anything yet. Sounds like Ram doesn't have an ETA to get a kit from them.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
My truck went in on Friday and today they said they are trying to locate the k1 kits. We are in Central Ohio, they said they had to check the closest dealerships first. No ETA on anything yet. Sounds like Ram doesn't have an ETA to get a kit from them.
The UAW strike is likely the reason. They are struggling to get parts out of the warehouses.

Last edited:

mwilley22

Reaction score
The UAW strike is likely the reason. They struggling to get parts out of the warehouses.
A case was opened with Ram Customer Care. The dealership said no ETA on the parts. The Ram Customer Care lady said she requested they be expeditated with a parts manager and next day said they were shipped with an eta of 5-7 days. So we shall see if the dealership does indeed receive the kit / parts at the end of next week.

mwilley22

Reaction score
Got my truck back yesterday. Was kinda surprised, they only put 2 miles on the truck, when I asked about it... "you rebuilt my transmission and didn't drive it after? they said it is because they have a tool that will run through the gears". Ok. Seems odd but ok. We shall see how it does now. Submitted my paperwork to Ram Care for reimbursement of my rental and tow expenses, waiting to hear back.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Got my truck back yesterday. Was kinda surprised, they only put 2 miles on the truck, when I asked about it... "you rebuilt my transmission and didn't drive it after? they said it is because they have a tool that will run through the gears". Ok. Seems odd but ok. We shall see how it does now. Submitted my paperwork to Ram Care for reimbursement of my rental and tow expenses, waiting to hear back.
Quicklearn does exactly what they said. That also resets the learned shift schedule.

Last edited:

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s good news. I’ll update the spreadsheet accordingly. As with any repair, be sure to monitor for fluid leaks, weird noises, odd shift behavior, etc. More than a few of these trucks have had subsequent issues that needed a return trip to the dealer. As brutal said, the dealer quick learn will run the gears and adjust things. But that transmission also learns as you drive it. Fluid temp has to be 140°F or higher but it does indeed learn.

Users who are viewing this thread