Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Aisin down for the count….

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Brother in law has 4 of them at his work with this problem. A friend of mines 2022 was one of them. Now I'm worried as I have a 2022 as well.
were all 4 of them 2022 year model?

Icky

Reaction score
Would be interesting to see if manufacture date has anything to do with it. Mine was built in late July ‘22.
On the bright side for me, even though I’ll be waiting a while, a recall would create a huge backlog. Especially since most of us who order the Aisin use them for work or hauling “houses”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine they're going to have to figure it out soon, how many rental bills for a comparable vehicle for 2 month, plus the cost of the trans can they afford?

were all 4 of them 2022 year model?
I believe 21 and 22...... if they have 4 how many do other dealers have.....

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
I imagine they're going to have to figure it out soon, how many rental bills for a comparable vehicle for 2 month, plus the cost of the trans can they afford?

I believe 21 and 22...... if they have 4 how many do other dealers have.....

My dealer didn’t have loaners, but Chrysler (Fiat…whoever) will be paying my rental bills. I had to rent a Uhaul pickup to tow my work trailer around. Cost me $1250 for 30 days with 800 miles. Hopefully I’ll have my truck back before the end of the first 30 days. My service advisor seems to think they could have a couple trannys before the end of the year….

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My dealer didn’t have loaners, but Chrysler (Fiat…whoever) will be paying my rental bills. I had to rent a Uhaul pickup to tow my work trailer around. Cost me $1250 for 30 days with 800 miles. Hopefully I’ll have my truck back before the end of the first 30 days. My service advisor seems to think they could have a couple trannys before the end of the year….

Good luck with that

Blythkd1

Reaction score
2021 went to 1075lb.ft. and a few Aisin upgrades. Larger input shaft and I believe a hardened primary shift drum.
So is there just one Aisin transmission for all the engine power level options? Or is there also an Aisin HO option? I'm guessing the former....or hoping I guess.

I love when reading the forums gets you all worried about something for no reason....or at least hoping it's for no reason.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
So is there just one Aisin transmission for all the engine power level options? Or is there also an Aisin HO option? I'm guessing the former....or hoping I guess.

I love when reading the forums gets you all worried about something for no reason....or at least hoping it's for no reason.
They are all the same

MEGA HO

Reaction score

There is only one option in 3500 HO pickup. I believe there is a few AISIN options in C&C trucks.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

If you mean one for all HO, yes. It is AS69RC. Only the HO gets the Aisin in the pickups. All cc diesel are Aisin.
However, in 2021 when the power went up on the HO pickup, there were some incremental upgrades. It's unlikely the cc uses anything but that same upgraded trans.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
While I don’t have first hand knowledge, you will find constant posts all over the net that the HO motor gets 2-3mpg less. Partly due to the Trans ratio but likely due to the engine tuning too

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
While I don’t have first hand knowledge, you will find constant posts all over the net that the HO motor gets 2-3mpg less. Partly due to the Trans ratio but likely due to the engine tuning too

You mean the same 6th gear ratio… :rolleyes:

You’re going to have to try harder than that. Something besides internet folklore please.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
However, in 2021 when the power went up on the HO pickup, there were some incremental upgrades. It's unlikely the cc uses anything but that same upgraded trans.
That would have been only logical to me but sometimes the mfr's seem to lack that logic so I just thought I would ask. Maybe some slightly different tuning but I would have assumed it's the same transmission.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
My transmission has arrived. Now I wait for an empty bay so they can install the thing and I can have my truck back!

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
My transmission has arrived. Now I wait for an empty bay so they can install the thing and I can have my truck back!

Hey there,

Did you get your truck back? We'd love to hear more about what happened and see if we can help! Would you mind sending us your VIN to get started?

Callie
Ram Cares

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Hey there,

Did you get your truck back? We'd love to hear more about what happened and see if we can help! Would you mind sending us your VIN to get started?

Callie
Ram Cares

No not yet. I know it took a while to get a tranny since mine came over the holidays. AND I understand that they can’t “fit” my truck into the work schedule until they have an empty bay for it. Still sucks that it’s taking so long. Would love to see what else can be done. My service advisor has been great about keeping me in the loop otherwise.

3C63R3PL9NG195207

5001craig

Reaction score
Hey there guys. I've been on cummins forum .com for quite a while and posted about my problem in a thread about a guys 2nd transmission in 80K miles. There is not much action on that thread so I did a quick search and found this site/thread. This is my first post over here but not new to Cummins as I've had an '06, '13, '18 & now the '22. All but the '06 have had the Aisin. Here is what I posted over there:

The Aisin is a very robust transmission. We have put around 2 million miles on them in different trucks (I've got around 500K between my '13 and my '18). Until last week we have had zero issues.

Driving to work with last Friday 12/23 ~14K trailer behind me. Towed it loaded four hours the day prior coming out of Chicago. Going slowly coming to a stop light truck made a bang and wouldn't move. Had it towed to the dealership. Followed-up with them Tuesday 12/27 and they said a new trans is on order. I have less than 10K miles on mine (picked-up 10/31). I asked if this is something they've seen before and was told they just did one in a 3500 with less than 100 miles on it. I got the attached codes. Not sure of the ETA for the new trans for a day or so.

I got P0733 (three of these) & P203F codes.

I should know today or Thursday when my transmission is scheduled to arrive at my dealership.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
No not yet. I know it took a while to get a tranny since mine came over the holidays. AND I understand that they can’t “fit” my truck into the work schedule until they have an empty bay for it. Still sucks that it’s taking so long. Would love to see what else can be done. My service advisor has been great about keeping me in the loop otherwise.

3C63R3PL9NG195207

Thank you so much for providing that VIN! We'd love to get a case started for you which will connect you with a case manager who can advocate for you while your vehicle is at the dealer! If you're interested, please DM us!

Callie
Ram Cares

M2 transport llc

Reaction score
Thank you so much for providing that VIN! We'd love to get a case started for you which will connect you with a case manager who can advocate for you while your vehicle is at the dealer! If you're interested, please DM us!

Callie
Ram Cares
My 4500 has the AS69RC with same problem truck broke January 10th theres a kit that’s supposed to come out to fix the K1 clutch retainer problem, i was able to find a matching transmission in Texas and Stellantis was extremely helpfull in getting the transmission to University Dodge, they have has the tranny for 5 days know and have not started.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
My 4500 has the AS69RC with same problem truck broke January 10th theres a kit that’s supposed to come out to fix the K1 clutch retainer problem, i was able to find a matching transmission in Texas and Stellantis was extremely helpfull in getting the transmission to University Dodge, they have has the tranny for 5 days know and have not started.
Hey there,

Do you have a case number regarding this? We'd love to look into it for you. Would you mind DM'ing us that case number?

Callie
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread