Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Aisin down for the count….

michaeljbrennan

Reaction score
My 4500 has the AS69RC with same problem truck broke January 10th theres a kit that’s supposed to come out to fix the K1 clutch retainer problem, i was able to find a matching transmission in Texas and Stellantis was extremely helpfull in getting the transmission to University Dodge, they have has the tranny for 5 days know and have not started.
How did you find a tramsmission?

M2 transport llc

Reaction score
Well, my 2022 3500 HO mega limited stranded me yesterday…
I pulled the trailer to the job site just fine. Truck was plugged in for about 3 hours before leaving, let it warm up about 5 minutes before I took off. If shifted normal, ran great.

Then I get into the truck after warming it up for 10 minutes, about 5 hours later. I go to shift into drive and get nothing. It’s like the truck is just in neutral. I go to reverse and that works fine, park works as well. Thinking it’s electrical I turn the truck off, wait a minute and start it up again. No change.

So I disconnect the batteries for 20 minutes (recommended by service advisor to try to reset the TCM). I reconnect and nothing changes. AND, I have no codes thrown at all. I mean none. Then I shifted to drive and with my foot on the brake reved the motor just a bit. With a loud clunk it went into gear. I didn’t let it move, shifted to reverse, another loud clunk. Then back to park and I called for a tow truck.

During the clunks the dash lit up light a tree this time of year… 4WD not available, limp mode see dealer, MIL light. Checked the codes (I’ll add to the post).

It only took 6 hours(!!!!) for the truck to come and take my baby to the doctor. Hoping she can be seen soon.

Has anyone had this issue or even something similar? I ordered my truck in November of ‘21 and finally took delivery August 15, 2022. I was worried a new tranny might come in ‘23 for people who think we need more gears, and I wanted the tried and tested Aisin. My truck has 5940 miles on it, I gave it the 500 mile wear-in before I towed with it, towed our 11k trailer a handful of times, a handful with a 10k loaded dump trailer and it pulls a 4k work trailer daily during the week. Should be no sweat for this beast.

I’ll update once the dealer gets back to me…
38e82c8c72a88544c9b3331b46eec4bb.png

14367c5631e4ab0692ea4d2baa558640.png

b055ab0f116d25d78f1c64b70f90f1e5.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just got a new tranny installed Tuesday and the new one just went out 1 hour ago

M2 transport llc

Reaction score
They have a k1 clutch pin problem until the updated part is released it will repeat the problem

Blythkd1

Reaction score
So the dealer used an old flawed transmission for warranty repair that immediately went out again? Maybe I'm missing something?

I'm just glad mine's up to 17k and counting now so assuming I got a good one. Built 2-22.

M2 transport llc

Reaction score
I found the tranny in Texas and Stellantis helped me get it to the dealer. It was worth a shot just so that could work. But yes it went out 1600 miles after it went in total miles now is just shy of 7,000
And lemon law does not apply to 4500

M2 transport llc

Reaction score
So the dealer used an old flawed transmission for warranty repair that immediately went out again? Maybe I'm missing something?

I'm just glad mine's up to 17k and counting now so assuming I got a good one. Built 2-22.
The problem I believe was the ones built 6-22 threw 12-22

aogmitch

Reaction score
My son's '22 HO, which he took delivery of last summer, lost its trans in early Nov at approx 3000 miles. New trans installed, and got it back early Dec. The new trans just died and stranded him today. Truck is around 5400 miles now. He is not very pleased with it at the moment.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
My son's '22 HO, which he took delivery of last summer, lost its trans in early Nov at approx 3000 miles. New trans installed, and got it back early Dec. The new trans just died and stranded him today. Truck is around 5400 miles now. He is not very pleased with it at the moment.

Son of a bucket of puss… Did his second (the newly failed tranny) have a part number ending in AB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
That “AB” transmission rumor is just that…rumor. There are multiple trucks on my spreadsheet that have had aisins installed with “AB” part numbers that have experienced subsequent failures. I believe this is why they are favoring the repair procedure with new parts over transmission replacement.

From what I can tell, there are a great many trucks (that previously received full replacement transmissions early on when this started to appear) that will be at risk for the same issues again.

M2 transport llc

Reaction score
Yes Sir, waiting for parts kit missing 6-7 parts that are back ordered and the rest of th parts have been shipped i believe

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Sir, waiting for parts kit missing 6-7 parts that are back ordered and the rest of th parts have been shipped i believe
Ok thanks I appreciate the update. I have the sheet updated now to reflect subsequent failure. Can you please get the serial number off the side of that second transmission that failed? It’ll be on a blue stamped metal tag on the side of the transmission case. I’d like to see that serial number. We can figure out when the transmissions were built now.

M2 transport llc

Reaction score
Ok thanks I appreciate the update. I have the sheet updated now to reflect subsequent failure. Can you please get the serial number off the side of that second transmission that failed? It’ll be on a blue stamped metal tag on the side of the transmission case. I’d like to see that serial number. We can figure out when the transmissions were built now.
It ends with AB. 4E8C5A08-5365-41CA-9CE0-C5DDFAC596CB.png

Users who are viewing this thread