Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

Ostracize

Reaction score
Did anyone that had a monroney label / SL date change / price increase from when your truck was stickered back in December ever get a clear answer as to why and what for? Mine went from SL 12/16 to 1/21-3, I am now wondering if there was a batch of mid December builds that were held for some reason
MSRP went up 450 on the monroney from the original MSRP at time of ordering.
Ram.com build & price hasn't changed and matches the lesser MSRP.

carmike

Reaction score
MSRP went up 450 on the monroney from the original MSRP at time of ordering.
Ram.com build & price hasn't changed and matches the lesser MSRP.
When I went in to order my Truck at the Dealer (on 1/2/21) I had my Ram.com Build with me. 2021 Laramie 2500 Crew Cab Diesel 6.4 bed. After the Dealer built it to put in the order it was $300 more so I was able to see what had increased in price. they were, Laramie LVL 1 Equip, + $150...Cargo Mngmt + $150. Ordered 1/2/21, Vin rcvd 1/8/21, estimated Delivery week of 3/15/21. Dealer called me yesterday and said it was scheduled to ship from the factory 2/25/21. I thought that was interesting since I dont have a build sheet yet.

Onelongshot

Reaction score
When I went in to order my Truck at the Dealer (on 1/2/21) I had my Ram.com Build with me. 2021 Laramie 2500 Crew Cab Diesel 6.4 bed. After the Dealer built it to put in the order it was $300 more so I was able to see what had increased in price. they were, Laramie LVL 1 Equip, + $150...Cargo Mngmt + $150. Ordered 1/2/21, Vin rcvd 1/8/21, estimated Delivery week of 3/15/21. Dealer called me yesterday and said it was scheduled to ship from the factory 2/25/21. I thought that was interesting since I dont have a build sheet yet.
My estimated ship date was my build date. Well at least the third estimated ship date was my build date.

NDanecker

Reaction score
wonder if the early 2021 came with cp4 pumps and they needed to swap them out for cp3 thus holding some trucks?

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Ah ok. A lot of folks don’t realize the block heater is installed in all Cummins, it’s the cord that’s an option when you price and build.
Yep, and it is another $$$ to remove in negotiations.

saltman

Reaction score
As a guy with a lot of OEM experience on the manufacturing side I can tell you this would not happen, those 21 engines all had cp3s on them and were probably sitting there waiting for their new home while 20s were still finishing off their production run. I was tracking several HO trucks built my same week that are already at the darn dealer that I have personally put eyes on and verified pumps on those trucks. It has been extremely frustrating seeing dealer stock units built literally along side mine already sitting at my dealer. I had very realistic expectations going into the order and truthfully the only reason I am so darn bothered by the whole thing is it really messed my year end tax planing up.

NDanecker

Reaction score
As a guy with a lot of OEM experience on the manufacturing side I can tell you this would not happen, those 21 engines all had cp3s on them and were probably sitting there waiting for their new home while 20s were still finishing off their production run. I was tracking several HO trucks built my same week that are already at the darn dealer that I have personally put eyes on and verified pumps on those trucks. It has been extremely frustrating seeing dealer stock units built literally along side mine already sitting at my dealer. I had very realistic expectations going into the order and truthfully the only reason I am so darn bothered by the whole thing is it really messed my year end tax planing up.
When searching for a truck I couldn't find anything close to what I wanted. I actually couldn't find many trucks in stock at dealers at least not many HD but lots of 1500s. When I searched for my 13 and 14 Rams there was a much larger pool to select from. It seems they are putting a priority on dealer stock to replenish low stock as a result of manufacturing shut-downs (covid?) over ordered units. If that is true that is sad.

Onelongshot

Reaction score
Well and drama begins. Now I cannot retrieve a window sticker for my truck. Which begins to make one wonder.

HemiAg03

Reaction score
Hi Guys, great info here. Tried searching with no luck. Looking to order a 3500 this week and trying uncover any other cost before the order. Only one dealer has mentioned a fee for delivery.

Can anyone share if you are paying delivery fee and how much?
Also, what other items ended up being in the final price - document fees, delivery fee, etc?

thx!

Ostracize

Reaction score
Hi Guys, great info here. Tried searching with no luck. Looking to order a 3500 this week and trying uncover any other cost before the order. Only one dealer has mentioned a fee for delivery.

Can anyone share if you are paying delivery fee and how much?
Also, what other items ended up being in the final price - document fees, delivery fee, etc?

thx!
From what I've seen doc fees are pretty common but the amount can get crazy with some dealers.
Delivery fee?? If your taking delivery at a deal then that is part of MSRP (see monroney)
Obviously if you're having the vehicle delivered to you, not your dealership, then an additional charge is warranted.
Other than that it's just TTL which the amount always depends on the city/county/state.

HemiAg03

Reaction score
From what I've seen doc fees are pretty common but the amount can get crazy with some dealers.
Delivery fee?? If your taking delivery at a deal then that is part of MSRP (see monroney)
Obviously if you're having the vehicle delivered to you, not your dealership, then an additional charge is warranted.
Other than that it's just TTL which the amount always depends on the city/county/state.
Thanks! Appreciate the quick reply. I have two draft orders and after looking closer I see the destination fee. Threw me off that one dealer was telling me it was going to be 2-3k more to deliver it to them (not me).
Have one at invoice and another at ~2% below invoice. Sent a note to Meador (page 1) to see what Kevin is offering. That’s a long ways from me though so would have to be good deal.

MSbari

Reaction score
I placed order for 2021 2500 larmie mega cab for $65k on 10/3, order accepted 10/5, built complete 12/1, since then no status available waiting to be shipped from Mexico. Its been 4 full months did not get my vehicle . Chatting with customer care, same status for last 7 week. Very frustrating... not sure how much more to wait... before see the truck

If anyone know / received their order... which was placed at this time
I ordered same base setup on 10/8. Mine arrived at the rail yard on last Monday/Tuesday according to the dealer(rail yard is about 95 miles from dealer). They where hoping it would be delivered last week but no luck as my ram bucks expired today. Will see what it looks like original SL date on window sticker was around 11/28. Magical new sticker says SL date of 01/03.

Onelongshot

Reaction score
I ordered same base setup on 10/8. Mine arrived at the rail yard on last Monday/Tuesday according to the dealer(rail yard is about 95 miles from dealer). They where hoping it would be delivered last week but no luck as my ram bucks expired today. Will see what it looks like original SL date on window sticker was around 11/28. Magical new sticker says SL date of 01/03.
My sticker disappeared from online. Was there now gone. I am guessing this is what is going to happen to me. Eventually I will get a new sticker then a ship date. I was in KZ status. We will wait and see how long it takes to ship. I was told two weeks. I won’t hold my breathe. :)

doberman66

Reaction score
Patriot Blue Power Wagon level 2 with side rails, bed lining, bed boxes.
Ordered 11/14
VIN assigned 11/27
Build sheet populated today 1/21

First post here but have been following along pretty much since I've ordered. It seems to be half of forever waiting for more updates, but my story isn't as bad as those who ordered 2 months ahead of me. Hoping the offsite process goes as quickly as others have been noting in the past week or so. As of today, I am at about 9.5 weeks since the order.
Monroney sheet accessible today. S/L 0122. Another step closer. Delivery is to the Dayton, OH area (SW Ohio). I'll update again as I find out more until delivery. My $1500 off coupon expired two days ago => conspiracy theories in my mind hatched.

Attachments

• 2021 RAM 2500 Power Wagon Monroney.pdf
    387.5 KB · Views: 14

b307a1

Reaction score
Monroney sheet accessible today. S/L 0122. Another step closer. Delivery is to the Dayton, OH area (SW Ohio). I'll update again as I find out more until delivery. My $1500 off coupon expired two days ago => conspiracy theories in my mind hatched.
Very nice! Don't forget to post some photos when you get it.

Artemis

Reaction score
I got mine last thursday, only took 10 weeks, things must be speeding up for some builds
Is that Granite Cyrstal? It looks like with bought almost the same exact truck. I have painted bumpers. I received mine in just over 8 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread