Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

Big Blue

Reaction score
So much for civility, huh?

I don’t think anyone here is clueless enough to expect “normal” delivery times. When I ordered, I was told “normal” was 6-8 weeks, and that COVID had caused some extended delivery times of 12+. I knew it was going to take a while and was fine with that, but we’re rapidly approaching the 5+ month mark. I and many others here are frustrated by the complete lack of communication from Ram/FCA and the apparent unwillingness to share what should be easily disseminatable information with customers. It’s understandable that they may not want to offer any firm dates on anything given the situation, but keeping your customers in the dark and only offering what amounts to canned platitudes isn’t an acceptable alternative. That coupled with ordered units sitting in freight yards for weeks on end, some of which are getting damaged a la mcgyver’s, while dealer stock units roll in day after day has led to a lot of upset folks here.

Maybe instead of being snarky, you could try showing some empathy?
Great Response Surge1116!!! I couldn't find what I wanted in the left over 2020's in September and a lot of those were posted as being "IN TRANSIT" so I placed my order as soon as I could and when they were accepting orders on the 2021's in the hopes they (RAM /FCA) would have gotten their act together and would soon be getting caught up on the transportation issues with the 2020's. Secondly, it's not like I waited "Mid-Covid" to place the order. Like you and everyone else have expressed the unexplained delays, vehicles sitting either on trains or in yards waiting to be delivered etc. All this is wearing on peoples nerves and it is getting really Old Real Quick. Another point I want to make is this.... 1/2 ton trucks, although made in Michigan, can and have been ordered and delivered on a regular basis in 8 to 9 weeks even with the whole Covid fiasco going on... So why can you get a 1/2 ton truck in just over 2 months but they cannot get a 3/4 ton made, shipped and delivered in a reasonable amount of time... 4 to 5 months is not a reasonable time for these trucks to be received by the purchaser.

Big Blue

Reaction score
In regard to those of us who haven't received our trucks yet and have or are about to have our cash back incentives expire I think we should all contact our dealers and RAM / FCA and push for Employee Pricing on our trucks. Any truck not delivered to the purchaser by week 16 should receive Employee Pricing to compensate for the late delivery and as compensation for the extended and unreasonable delays... What are your thoughts? Keep your responses civil please...

3500Gasser

Reaction score
In regard to those of us who haven't received our trucks yet and have or are about to have our cash back incentives expire I think we should all contact our dealers and RAM / FCA and push for Employee Pricing on our trucks. Any truck not delivered to the purchaser by week 16 should receive Employee Pricing to compensate for the late delivery and as compensation for the extended and unreasonable delays... What are your thoughts? Keep your responses civil please...
I took a drive through my dealers lot today and think I only saw 1 HD truck sitting on the lot (and probably 20 1/2 tons). I have a feeling these dealers would be all to happy to cancel our orders and probably get more for them than the prices we negotiated previously. Similar to the user on here who said the sales manager canceled his deal and offered him $500 below invoice “take it or leave it” after he waited months for the truck.

3500Gasser

Reaction score
I didn’t realize that RAM HD trucks were not made in the USA until after I came to an agreement with the dealer. He told me it was shipping from Mexico which caught me by surprise but I had worked so long for the deal I didn’t want to cancel it over that, but I thought about it.

flgboy

Reaction score
I didn’t realize that RAM HD trucks were not made in the USA until after I came to an agreement with the dealer. He told me it was shipping from Mexico which caught me by surprise but I had worked so long for the deal I didn’t want to cancel it over that, but I thought about it.
The Honda Accord is probably the most American cars these days in terms of content value.

Ostracize

Reaction score
Currently on that path... They pushed me to contact fca's incentives. Had a directive conversation with that rep, I have a case number now and awaiting response. I'll post updates

My stance with them is I received and accepted the offer after I ordered. After I accepted I received the email with the expiration date which is before my capability of taking delivery due to all variables within fca's control, not mine.

For brevity I'm referring to Program ID: 43CMW3

Last edited:

Big Blue

Reaction score
Currently on that path... They pushed me to contact fca's incentives. Had a directive conversation with that rep, I have a case number now and awaiting response. I'll post updates

My stance with them is I received and accepted the offer after I ordered. After I accepted I received the email with the expiration date which is before my capability of taking delivery due to all variables within fca's control, not mine.

For brevity I'm referring to Program ID: 43CMW3
I contacted FCA as well. This was weeks ago and I requested some compensation for the delays. He said he would check into it and get back to me. He later came back with a proposed settlement where as they would enroll me in "Owner Care Convenience Plus" service contract. Basically an oil change discount deal with a few more benefits etc. The initial agreement was for $35 off of an oil change every 5000 miles for 3 yrs or 35000 miles. I touched base with the dealer and they said that plan was for "conventional" oil changes. The 6.4 Hemi's require synthetic and they gave me a Code for that plan. I then re-contacted my "case worker" and asked that he enroll me in the appropriate plan for synthetic oiled vehicles which is $50.00 off an oil change. I've not heard back yet.

otter

Reaction score
Count me in. Ordered confirmed 1/22 w/ VON and VIN assigned. Dealer insists it will only be 6-8 weeks despite me telling him what I've been reading here. I should have made him knock off another $1000 if (when) it goes beyond 8 weeks :D

2021 Laramie - Crew Cab Short Bed - 6.4L 4x4

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ya know.....someone questioned why the dealer wanted 3k deposit for my order saying its too much. Now that I see orders are taking 15 to 20 weeks I think I know why they wanted 3k deposit......so I don't back out at week 17.

Really hope this doesn't take that long but whatever. If I'm paying that much for a truck that **** better be exactly what I want. I'm not settling.

DougB

Reaction score
Ya know.....someone questioned why the dealer wanted 3k deposit for my order saying its too much. Now that I see orders are taking 15 to 20 weeks I think I know why they wanted 3k deposit......so I don't back out at week 17.

Really hope this doesn't take that long but whatever. If I'm paying that much for a truck that **** better be exactly what I want. I'm not settling.
I've only spoken with one local dealer here in central TX and they said 1) didn't require any deposit, just a handshake was good, 2) HD orders have been taking about 8 weeks, and 3) I had 48 hours after placing the order to make any changes. After 48 hours nothing can be changed or the order canceled. In the event I had to make a change, they would simply place a new order and take the other one into inventory to sell. Wish they had been willing to agree to EP at the time of order and then add any other incentives on top at delivery.

saltman

Reaction score
Did anyone that had a monroney label / SL date change / price increase from when your truck was stickered back in December ever get a clear answer as to why and what for? Mine went from SL 12/16 to 1/21-3, I am now wondering if there was a batch of mid December builds that were held for some reason

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, buddy.

This isn't my first day on the internet. You got called out for being a jerk and are trying to deflect by claiming it was a joke when it very clearly wasn't. Be better.

I guess you missed the sarcasm.

Not my first day either and the insult is not lost on me.

Users who are viewing this thread