Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

Reaction score
I was sent email today my truck ordered 9/14
Departed little rock on rail to Nashville expect to unload on the 1/28
Getting closer 20 weeks on Wednesday

BLuRRnAWAY

Reaction score
All you guys receiving your truck at the 10 week mark is getting me pumped! It holding my breathe though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onelongshot

Reaction score
I contacted the dealer today. Truck is scheduled to be at the nearby rail yard on 02/14. Said it usually takes a couple of days for transport to the dealer.

Last 5 of VIN: 553255

Ordered on 12/04.
Build sheet populated 01/18 (estimate was 01/19).
Monroney sticker on 01/21

3500 Laramie Mega, SRW, CTD, Night Edition with bed utility group and 5th wheel prep. Delmonico Red.
@Camper99 where about are you located. Our trucks were built just about the same time. I do not have a delivery estimate as of yet? Hoping that your close to me and our delivery dates would be close. I am in the Saint Louis MO area.

Big Blue

Reaction score
I was told today that when you took delivery, you could ask for an exception, which in their nomenclature is not an extension, up to five days after expiration. I got annoyed and wrote a short, polite letter to Stellantis North America and RAM CEO. We shall see. My cert expires Thurs and my truck was offloaded last Thursand has been flagged as "hot" for whatever that is worth. Only a couple of 21 HDs in N AZ, so all dealers would like them ASAP I would presume.
Good Luck with your order. My truck was supposedly flagged as a Hot delivery as well.... 3 weeks and it still sitting on the rail car, hasn't moved, so much for a Fast Delivery.

Camper99

Reaction score
@Camper99 where about are you located. Our trucks were built just about the same time. I do not have a delivery estimate as of yet? Hoping that your close to me and our delivery dates would be close. I am in the Saint Louis MO area.
I'm in the Denver area. Hope you are able to get a delivery window soon. For me the dealer has been pretty much on target so far.

NDanecker

Reaction score
Is the left hand not talking to the right here? Can the dealer see a better status update than RAM chat? Or is the dealer being "optimistic"?....
I think yes to both. I also think the dealer has better visibility (and more skin in the game) than FCA Chat. They are basically a warm body answering chat requests collecting peoples info for sales purposes. Dealer has more at risk as they get invoiced for the vehicle (when it ships) and wants to close the sale as quickly as possible. I hate saying this but I'd trust the dealers data more than that robot chat window. LOL

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ordered 2500 Mega Cab Limited Cummins night edition on 1/12.

Received email from US Customer Care today stating delivery to PA dealership on 3/19.

Dealer said 6-10 weeks. So far so good!

MG590264

We are close in the ordering process. Curious how you make out.

Ordered 1/8. VIN 577050. Dealer said 8 to 9 weeks. They are a huge dealer in VA so I'm hoping filling a delivery truck for the final leg won't be an issue.

flgboy

Reaction score
Good Luck with your order. My truck was supposedly flagged as a Hot delivery as well.... 3 weeks and it still sitting on the rail car, hasn't moved, so much for a Fast Delivery.
just pushed out another 1.5 weeks for me. that would take it to three weeks in the train yard. Build date was 11/28...but at least I know its is hot and a top priority...I sleep better knowing that....

I did look at the regional inventory and most dealers have 2-4 2021 HDs vehicles each, most seem to be mid-late Jan builds per their window stickers, so assuming those are enroute vs. in inventory.

Last edited:

Test_Eng

Reaction score
We are close in the ordering process. Curious how you make out.

Ordered 1/8. VIN 577050. Dealer said 8 to 9 weeks. They are a huge dealer in VA so I'm hoping filling a delivery truck for the final leg won't be an issue.

Yep, I would think they would be on the same Train coming up. Dealer said they get unloaded in Baltimore and hauled out to the dealers from there. I’m in Maryland but purchased in PA.

ConferConstruction

Reaction score
ordered truck 9/30/2020. I am now at week 18 and still no truck. dealer told me 3 weeks ago it was on a rail car and once it got to Ohio rail yard he was going to get it as fast as he can. but he said last friday that its still showing that its on a rail car. This is driving me nuts.

NDanecker

Reaction score
Yep, I would think they would be on the same Train coming up. Dealer said they get unloaded in Baltimore and hauled out to the dealers from there. I’m in Maryland but purchased in PA.

I checked out the yard in Baltimore with Google Maps and its scary to see so many trucks in those lots... probably hundreds just waiting to get delivered. WOW.

Big Blue

Reaction score
just pushed out another 1.5 weeks for me. that would take it to three weeks in the train yard. Build date was 11/28...but at least I know its is hot and a top priority...I sleep better knowing that....

I did look at the regional inventory and most dealers have 2-4 2021 HDs vehicles each, most seem to be mid-late Jan builds per their window stickers, so assuming those are enroute vs. in inventory.
Mine got pushed out again as of yesterday. Tomorrow will be week 18, 3 weeks waiting at rail yard to be off loaded and loaded onto a Hauler for delivery to my dealership. IF I have to wait until the end of the last push out, it'll be 20 weeks, 5 MONTHS to get my truck. This is Un-excusable. Ram and FCA have been working on getting it sooner but blame the transporters etc. Well, the transporters are Ram's Sub-contractors and therefore the blame still falls on Ram for not Jumping in addressing the issues we are all facing and getting our Trucks within a "reasonable" time frame.

Big Blue

Reaction score
ordered truck 9/30/2020. I am now at week 18 and still no truck. dealer told me 3 weeks ago it was on a rail car and once it got to Ohio rail yard he was going to get it as fast as he can. but he said last friday that its still showing that its on a rail car. This is driving me nuts.
I'm in the same boat brother, Ordered on 09-23. Mine is also on a rail car for over 3 weeks.

Bitedb8

Reaction score
I was notified that my truck arrived at the dealer yesterday and I went right over to take delivery. I ordered on 9/4/2020 order accepted on 9/8/2020, so I will say it took 1 day short of 20 weeks. This was the third vehicle I have order in my life and this one took the longest by far. Ultimately, I am glad I stuck it out but it was a loooong wait. Good luck to everyone waiting on your orders

Attachments

• 2021 Ram 2500 Longhorn.jpg
    2021 Ram 2500 Longhorn.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 63

CdnHD

Reaction score
I checked out the yard in Baltimore with Google Maps and its scary to see so many trucks in those lots... probably hundreds just waiting to get delivered. WOW.
how did you find the rail yard?

CdnHO

Reaction score
I was notified that my truck arrived at the dealer yesterday and I went right over to take delivery. I ordered on 9/4/2020 order accepted on 9/8/2020, so I will say it took 1 day short of 20 weeks. This was the third vehicle I have order in my life and this one took the longest by far. Ultimately, I am glad I stuck it out but it was a loooong wait. Good luck to everyone waiting on your orders
Congratulations. That is a long wait. Sure hope mine don't take that long. I ordered mine mid December and planning on pulling my fifth wheel on a trip in early April.

Users who are viewing this thread