Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ordering?

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I will say, my experience with Belzer 2 years ago was way different. Completely painless purchase. Of course I did most everything on net and was at the dealership a total of 45 minutes when I went to get it. Not 1 issue, and they even gave me another grand off the agreed pp due to finding another dealer incentive. That was my 17 model, and have no issues with it at all, kinda why I am in no hurry, especially since trade value just went out the window. Only caveat is that my son says he would buy it(he knows how picky I am about it). Just showed the wife a grand design solitude I was looking at........the worm is turning on the truck front? I hope.
I love grand design, good choice for consideration. For me everything was perfect except for 1 day to go all he'll broke loose, I should of expected it but I dropped my guard. I'm still extremely happy with my experience though, can't imagine it going much better anywhere else. An obviously by my pics you can see the dealer plate, I got it at Campbell cdjr in Benton Arkansas, formerly one of the Landers establishments. Huge selection of trucks, just not speked as high as mine. True or not I don't know but they said mine was the most expensive they ever sold. Probably trying to make me feel important or something but i could care less about that

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I love grand design, good choice for consideration. For me everything was perfect except for 1 day to go all he'll broke loose, I should of expected it but I dropped my guard. I'm still extremely happy with my experience though, can't imagine it going much better anywhere else. An obviously by my pics you can see the dealer plate, I got it at Campbell cdjr in Benton Arkansas, formerly one of the Landers establishments. Huge selection of trucks, just not speked as high as mine. True or not I don't know but they said mine was the most expensive they ever sold. Probably trying to make me feel important or something but i could care less about that
Yeah, I noticed the plate right off, and I was just getting ready to mention it. Have you removed the dealers stickers/badges yet? That is always my first priority. No free advertising ya know. Gorgeous truck, me salivating!

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed the plate right off, and I was just getting ready to mention it. Have you removed the dealers stickers/badges yet? That is always my first priority. No free advertising ya know. Gorgeous truck, me salivating!
Honestly, I lucked out, no dealer badging except front plate an that's coming off because S.D residents have to have front an rear plates

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I will say, my experience with Belzer 2 years ago was way different. Completely painless purchase. Of course I did most everything on net and was at the dealership a total of 45 minutes when I went to get it. Not 1 issue, and they even gave me another grand off the agreed pp due to finding another dealer incentive. That was my 17 model, and have no issues with it at all, kinda why I am in no hurry, especially since trade value just went out the window. Only caveat is that my son says he would buy it(he knows how picky I am about it). Just showed the wife a grand design solitude I was looking at........the worm is turning on the truck front? I hope.

We love our Grand Design Reflection 303RLS and their customer service (not necessarily reflected at the dealers) is amazing. If I didn't buy a GD, I would be looking hard at AF. No offense to anyone, but I have a friend in the RV repair business and he bitches constantly about the cust services at FR (and anything owned by Thor) - and he owns a big Cardinal.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
We love our Grand Design Reflection 303RLS and their customer service (not necessarily reflected at the dealers) is amazing. If I didn't buy a GD, I would be looking hard at AF. No offense to anyone, but I have a friend in the RV repair business and he bitches constantly about the cust services at FR (and anything owned by Thor) - and he owns a big Cardinal.
We were considering the toy box solitude, 374th , so i had a small garage but we still had full length living. I guess when you live in these things, you look at things differently. I was gonna be happy With the solitude than the wife said why don't you pick out the truck an ill pick out the house, wich sounded great to me, then she said since it's going to be our home I want a 48' luxe . Damn baby, you know how much those are, but I got my truck so what do yah do. At least I got the right rig for that monster she wants. Gvwr on that thing is 25,999

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
We were considering the toy box solitude, 374th , so i had a small garage but we still had full length living. I guess when you live in these things, you look at things differently. I was gonna be happy With the solitude than the wife said why don't you pick out the truck an ill pick out the house, wich sounded great to me, then she said since it's going to be our home I want a 48' luxe . Damn baby, you know how much those are, but I got my truck so what do yah do. At least I got the right rig for that monster she wants. Gvwr on that thing is 25,999

Or the semi trailer frame based SpaceCraft... Then you would need a real truck.

1587581728415.png

(ETA: I did not know they made smaller 5th wheels until I just looked again.)

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
We all know, she just wanted you to feel at home trucking again!

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
We all know, she just wanted you to feel at home trucking again!
You got that right, that's my wheel house.
Or the semi trailer frame based SpaceCraft... Then you would need a real truck.

View attachment 3970

(ETA: I did not know they made smaller 5th wheels until I just looked again.)
those spacecraft are bad to the bone. The luxe will run around 170 for 48ft with everything an the space craft runs 225 for there small 36ft model. So that ain't happening

D

Deleted member 80

If I hit Powerball, I would by a New Horizons over a Luxe all day long. They build their own chassis, no Lippert tin-foil frame to fail.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
If I hit Powerball, I would by a New Horizons over a Luxe all day long. They build their own chassis, no Lippert tin-foil frame to fail.
Those bad boys are heavy duty. But like I told the wife, ill design the truck that can haul whatever you decide you want to buy for our rolling wheels called a homestead. So that gives her around 34+k to pick out a fiver, she ought to be able to find something in those parameters

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Those bad boys are heavy duty. But like I told the wife, ill design the truck that can haul whatever you decide you want to buy for our rolling wheels called a homestead. So that gives her around 34+k to pick out a fiver, she ought to be able to find something in those parameters

$34k?

You ain't getting no full time drop frame widebody rig for that unless it's well used. Our 30' mid grade GD was $56K list and RV's go for 20-30% off depending on locale.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
$34k?

You ain't getting no full time drop frame widebody rig for that unless it's well used. Our 30' mid grade GD was $56K list and RV's go for 20-30% off depending on locale.
My bad brutal. I wasnt talking price i was talking 34k 34,000 lbs trailer that our trucks can haul. My fr is 33ft cost 50k. The heavy duty luxe runs around 170,000 and up depending on how many options. the new horizons an spacecraft generally start around 225,000 then go up from there

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My bad brutal. I wasnt talking price i was talking 34k 34,000 lbs trailer that our trucks can haul. My fr is 33ft cost 50k. The heavy duty luxe runs around 170,000 and up depending on how many options. the new horizons an spacecraft generally start around 225,000 then go up from there

Oh, haha. I get it now.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Terrible rates.

Horrible. Here’s my rates at 60 months.
9aa6dc010e611a661ee91402cc07d21b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTMF

Reaction score
Hey, I can't find the check list someone had on receiving a new vehicle? like what to look for etc ( just trying to get prepared for tomorrow)

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hey, I can't find the check list someone had on receiving a new vehicle? like what to look for etc ( just trying to get prepared for tomorrow)
To be honest, I just used my build sheets an went through an checked off on all the standard an then the options an made sure they all work an then test drive. Took me an my wife about two hours to go through our 14 pgs of checklist

John Jensen

Reaction score
Rich,
You are probably the most thorough, meticulous truck buyer I've ever read about. And your wife is a saint to spend 2 hours with the process. You definitely get the trophy!

BTW - my ordered 2020 3500 Laramie, crew cab, 4x4, HO Cummins is fairly well loaded and the build sheet is 10 pages. I bet a Nickle you get the build sheet trophy as well.

Enjoy that beauty!

Users who are viewing this thread