Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ordering?

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I get it.On the same note, though, I have told dealers to not insult me saying they are losing money, if so, they wouldn’t be in business long. I love car dealers about as much as getting a colonoscopy. I usually tell them I understand they need to make money.....just doesn’t need to be all off me. They still made money off you, at least once you sign and get the keys.
I agree with yah, there gonna make there money, an I'm good with that, just not as much on me as some other folks. Only disagreement I've got with yah is all my colonoscopies I got a real good sleep an this whole deal has cost me a ton of sleep.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I agree with yah, there gonna make there money, an I'm good with that, just not as much on me as some other folks. Only disagreement I've got with yah is all my colonoscopies I got a real good sleep an this whole deal has cost me a ton of sleep.
Yeah, and the toot fest afterwards is fun too!

John Jensen

Reaction score
The factory sets t
So that's what i had assumed. So can we also assume that
Class1= light duty ? 1500
class2= medium duty ? 2500
class 3= heavy duty ? 3500
My ordered 2020 3500 Build Sheet states "GVW Rating - 12300#" which is Class 3.
Here in Califunny the state registers a new truck on the GVW rating, and 12, 300 is expensive.
To get to the Class 2 rate we take off the spare tire, make sure the fuel tank is near empty, get the truck weighed with a certified weight receipt. If it weighs under 10,000 lbs, go to DMV and have truck reclassified to class 2 and save approx $250.00 per year.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
The factory sets t

My ordered 2020 3500 Build Sheet states "GVW Rating - 12300#" which is Class 3.
Here in Califunny the state registers a new truck on the GVW rating, and 12, 300 is expensive.
To get to the Class 2 rate we take off the spare tire, make sure the fuel tank is near empty, get the truck weighed with a certified weight receipt. If it weighs under 10,000 lbs, go to DMV and have truck reclassified to class 2 and save approx $250.00 per year.
what about if you get in an accident an your not properly tagged an your over the lower weight limit, will your ins cover you.

John Jensen

Reaction score
what about if you get in an accident an your not properly tagged an your over the lower weight limit, will your ins cover you.
You would be properly tagged but over the weight limit. Insurance companies have the option and have been known to deny.
I would never be over the GVWR weight limit as I use my truck for towing my 30' pull RV trailer, the truck bed has a Leer shell and at max 600 lbs in it.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
You would be properly tagged but over the weight limit. Insurance companies have the option and have been known to deny.
I would never be over the GVWR weight limit as I use my truck for towing my 30' pull RV trailer, the truck bed has a Leer shell and at max 600 lbs in it.
10/4 that would work for you but not me. My wife is s sticker on the laws an ins coverage an our 48 ft fiver would be to much lbs on a lower weight rating

John Jensen

Reaction score
10/4 that would work for you but not me. My wife is s sticker on the laws an ins coverage an our 48 ft fiver would be to much lbs on a lower weight rating
I am obeying the laws. GVWR data does not include anything you are towing.

GVWR is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I am obeying the laws. GVWR data does not include anything you are towing.

GVWR is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers.
I know that John, not saying your doing anything wrong. That will work for you just fine. For my situation it would not. If I don't title for 14,000 then I'll be over weight, thats all I'm saying

John Jensen

Reaction score
I know that John, not saying your doing anything wrong. That will work for you just fine. For my situation it would not. If I don't title for 14,000 then I'll be over weight, thats all I'm saying
Gotcha - I just wanted you to know that I'm legal and GVWR doesn't include trailers.
It's all hypothetical as I have a Handicapped card and in Califunny the DMV waives the weight fees for the handicapped.

BTW - I understand you have or close to, your new truck. If so, congrats!.. Mine is still in Sausalito

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Gotcha - I just wanted you to know that I'm legal and GVWR doesn't include trailers.
It's all hypothetical as I have a Handicapped card and in Califunny the DMV waives the weight fees for the handicapped.

BTW - I understand you have or close to, your new truck. If so, congrats!.. Mine is still in Sausalito
Thanks I appreciate it

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else has seen this but I had to laugh by it. That retractable wuhan step that slowed some of our processes down has now been issued for a recall saying they are malfunctioning . Maybe we should just stick with American made , that is if any of the parts truly are any more

GTMF

Reaction score
Dealer emailed me said, Truck is getting cleaned and fueled and inspected. Thinking about going to get it at the end of the week..

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else has seen this but I had to laugh by it. That retractable wuhan step that slowed some of our processes down has now been issued for a recall saying they are malfunctioning . Maybe we should just stick with American made , that is if any of the parts truly are any more
Lol I’m pretty sure those who have bought it separately say made in Canada. Still not America but I’d imagine better quality. There’s a whole thread about the recall on here. From what I read on the 1500 forums, they’re designed to break a certain way if in a rear end collision (so not to become a damage multiplier thrust into the gas tank or something). Apparently they were breaking under regular use which could end bad for the user standing on it.

BTW- you take your truck home yet?!

OA

RamGuy84

Reaction score
I finally found a 2020 Laramie Night Editon 3500 Cummins, all black with adaptive steering. Only one for about a 300+ radius. Its at a no good dealer called Jeff Belzer's in Lakeville, MN. Its not a place I would normally do business at, but they had it and the dealer that I bought my 2019 Limited at would no longer give me 63k on trade, they dropped it to 55k, so I thought I'd see what Belzer's had to say. In all honesty, I took the truck for about a 10 mile loop, I was not impressed. First of all it was clearly out of alignment with only 30 miles on it and it seemed so damn sluggish. When you're shopping around and comparing Ford/GM to Ram, its like comparing a Viper or a Corvette to a Toyota Corolla when it comes to power off the line. I'm just not all that impressed with these new Ram HDs. I dont think the center console is great and the seats suck. I think that Laramie interior is cheap looking compared to the 4the hen one. They refused to give me a trade in number on mine until I committed to buying the truck. They also wouldn't wash it so I could check for paint chips, dents, etc, until I was fully committed to buying it, so I had to leave. This was my second time at this dealership in two years and I dont think I could bring myself back. A small town dealer like A.M. Maus & Son, Inc in Kimball, MN would never treat you that way. Sorry just my rant. Thus shutdown crap is really getting to me.

D

Deleted member 80

If you want a real truck engine that runs like a real truck engine buy a Cummins. If you want a pickup engine that runs like a gas V-8 buy the other guys. It's always been that way.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I will say, my experience with Belzer 2 years ago was way different. Completely painless purchase. Of course I did most everything on net and was at the dealership a total of 45 minutes when I went to get it. Not 1 issue, and they even gave me another grand off the agreed pp due to finding another dealer incentive. That was my 17 model, and have no issues with it at all, kinda why I am in no hurry, especially since trade value just went out the window. Only caveat is that my son says he would buy it(he knows how picky I am about it). Just showed the wife a grand design solitude I was looking at........the worm is turning on the truck front? I hope.

RamGuy84

Reaction score
Their New Prague store was the exact opposite for me. More in line with your experience.

Users who are viewing this thread