Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Burn'n Oil

Email Notifications

Stopped receiving forum related email notifications about a week ago. Checked the settings and all was good. Anybody else?
  2. Burn'n Oil

Cummins Idle-Up Feature

Quite by accident (brain fart), and contrary to what the Diesel Supplement to the OM states, I discovered that engaging the Idle-Up Feature with the speed control switches (cruise control) does not require the parking brake to be set. Put it in park, take your foot off the brake pedal, press the...
  3. Burn'n Oil

Cummins no start in the COLD!

So my otherwise trouble free truck failed to light the fire this morning. It was round about -35C. Block heater had been plugged in for about four hrs. The grid heater preheat cycled and then,"SNAP!" (same kinda sound ya get when a relay goes) Then the "Service Fuel Filter" msg flashes up on the...
  4. Burn'n Oil

Trailer Spotter Lamps

I wasn't initially convinced that those little rear facing LEDs in the side mirrors would be that effective. I was wrong. Furthermore, and contrary to the "NOTE" in the OM, they're on while backing. Notwithstanding some State regs, the "NOTE" could probably use some technical editing.
  5. Burn'n Oil

Winter Front Grille Cover - Installed

Mercury plummeted a few a few days ago and the forecast is for continued double-digit (centigrade) freezing temperatures. Time to install that winter front that came with the truck. It was not accompanied by any instructions so I pinged the maker (Cover King) and they were kind enough to send me...
  6. Burn'n Oil

Oil & Fuel Filter Change... CA-CHING! $$$

11K+ kms on the big Dodge and 6K kms of that towing so decided that it was time to dump the 10W-30 factory fill, which had to come out before we get hit with the freezing HE double L. Sourced some M1 Delvac with a 5W-40 kinda consistency and left the rest to the technical resources of the...
  7. Burn'n Oil

Just in from the Great White North

Not so white as of yet but old man winter is peering over the horizon. Dropping by to share some aficionado type stuff for arguably the finest diesel powered pickmeup ever produced. I've known that for a long time and just recently bit the bullet on a 19 3500 Crew SRW with the latest and...