Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Spotter Lamps

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
I wasn't initially convinced that those little rear facing LEDs in the side mirrors would be that effective. I was wrong. Furthermore, and contrary to the "NOTE" in the OM, they're on while backing. Notwithstanding some State regs, the "NOTE" could probably use some technical editing.

Attachments

• SL_1.jpg
    SL_1.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 106
  • SL_2.jpg
    SL_2.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 106

Savin yours

Reaction score
Used mine for the first time last night, I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klinger

Reaction score
I wasn't initially convinced that those little rear facing LEDs in the side mirrors would be that effective. I was wrong. Furthermore, and contrary to the "NOTE" in the OM, they're on while backing. Notwithstanding some State regs, the "NOTE" could probably use some technical editing.
That’s good to know. My new ETA ship date is 1/8/20. Ordered 11/13/19 but do have xonfir
Still on sheet it does have 50 gal fuel tank

mkmsr

Reaction score
I have to say my concern was it would be not very bright an ruin my "night vision". Now curious to see once the new truck comes in.

el_barto

Reaction score
I have to say my concern was it would be not very bright an ruin my "night vision". Now curious to see once the new truck comes in.
They are quite bright for both providing useful light as well as blinding yourself if you look at them directly.
I made a little shroud on the DS one out of Sugru that blocks the light source from being visible to me while looking at the mirror. :)

2A5E05CD-AEEE-41E6-8F3E-C7F6ED96C081.jpeg

The Chevy tow mirrors with spotter lights have much better shrouding (and are arguably in a better spot being on the outermost point of the mirror). I had the Boost Auto high output lights on my chevy and they were awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread