Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Will_T

Warning From Ram - Annoying

I thought I saw this talked about a long time ago and maybe I even posted in that thread. I can't find it now though. Anyway, Yesterday I started getting emails and warnings from Ram about the recalls I have been unsuccessfully trying to get done for at least 9 months, or one of them maybe...
  2. Will_T

PCM Software?

I asked this on another site last week when this one was not working but got no answers.... Is there is a way to see what version of pcm software my 2021 has? I looked through the EVIC and on my Banks iDash but I don't see it. Is there another way? I do not have AlphaOBD. On one of my service...
  3. Will_T

Grid Heater Disconnect Codes

Thought I would post this in its own thread just for clarity although it has been discussed/debated inside somewhat related posts before. This might make it easier for others wondering about this. So, if you disconnect the grid heater relay and then always push twice to start, generally all...
  4. Will_T

24 Hour Regens No Longer Happen

I considered just posting this in the thread about the DPF where it was previously discussed. But this is really not about the DPF and is specific to my truck so I will put it here. For background, those post numbers above are for this thread...
  5. Will_T

Is This the Grid Heater Bolt?

I was just curious about this "jiggle test" so I looked at a couple of videos. For someone who would not recognize a grid heater if I tripped over it, the videos were not 100% clear but as far as I could tell from them and tracing the wire, what I show in this photo should be the...
  6. Will_T

I know it only hurts your wallet but...

I had this issue with my previous truck also when it was in warranty. I had that truck for 20 years and when I sold it, it had 70,000 miles. I drive the new truck even less, but this past year was a record low. All camping trips being local was the main contributor. Last year I put about...
  7. Will_T

Kaodtech Bypass Connection Question

I am finally installing the Kaodtech that arrived a month or so ago after a short backorder wait. They are out of stock on their website again so must be having a hard time keeping up with orders. Anyway: I am doing what Kaodtech instructions call the "temporary" install. I will connect to...
  8. Will_T

Need Help With 7 Pin Connector Issue

I needed to replace the plugin bumper connector. I was using a multi tester on the truck wiring side with the trailer light check running. I had the OEM bumper connector disconnected. I slipped with the tester, and I touched it to two of the pins other than ground. I heard that dreaded faint...
  9. Will_T

Dealer Service Survey

Does anyone know specifically how the survey Ram sends you in an email after service works? Does it get back to the service rep with your name on it so they know how you filled it out? After a recent service, I was bugged by my service rep several times to make sure I fill it out. He sent me...
  10. Will_T

How to avoid triggering alarm when unlocking truck?

I thought I saw this mentioned somewhere a year or so ago but can't find it now. If my truck is locked and I use the key to unlock the driver's door, the alarm sounds. How can this be avoided? I can't find a setting to control this. Simply, we would like to be able to unlock our truck's door...
  11. Will_T

DEF Tank Disconnect Question

Not sure yet, but I am thinking of siphoning old DEF out of my tank to refill with new before a long towing trip. I only put 2,000 miles on the truck this past year and there is still a 1/2 tank of Def in it. This Def is from a jug I put in a year ago and had a manufacture date of Feb 2021...
  12. Will_T

Coolant Question

My manual says to use "Mopar Antifreeze/Coolant 10 Year/150,000 mile". All the posts I read agree with this for the 6.7. However all those same posts describe that coolant as purple. Even the answered questions on the Amazon page selling the Mopar coolant say it is purple. The coolant in my...
  13. Will_T

Can anyone ID this trailer body?

I get asked all the time what kind of truck bed my old utility trailer is. I always have to say I don't know as I have not a clue. It occurred to me that all the old truck general knowledge here might have a guess? This trailer was old when I bought it for $200.00 30+ years ago but have no...
  14. Will_T

Am I stuck with this message?

Free SXM Guardian has expired on my truck and I do not want it going forward. I get the following message repeatedly popping up on my screen. Is there any way to stop it? I would prefer not to call them and have to hassle about renewal, etc. as they are so obnoxious about it. When I renewed...
  15. Will_T

Leaking Shock

My truck, @4,000 miles has a leaking front driver's side shock. I noticed only because there was a drop of fluid under the truck which I happened to see the day after I had the dealer do the first oil and fuel filter change. Surprised they did not find the leaking shock at that time when they...
  16. Will_T

What is this device that is cycling?

Here is a video of something on the top of the engine that cycles as shown without rest. Can someone tell me what it is and whether it is supposed to do what it is doing in the video? Thanks. First time linking to a video, let me know if it does not play for you.
  17. Will_T

Trans Temp Question

Last week on a towing trip with my only 8,000 lb. TT, there was a long grade of freeway with lots of traffic. Near the bottom a semi pulled out to pass another semi and both lanes slowed to about 35mph for most of the uphill grade. My truck was running in 4th gear at about 2000 rpms or maybe a...
  18. Will_T

Will this battery tender work?

I have this little battery tender linked here that I have used for a car I will soon no longer have. Is it sufficiently large to use on my 6.7? And if it is, how do I connect it with two batteries? I have seen posts saying just hook it to one of the batteries and it will keep both maintained...
  19. Will_T

Banks iDash Parameter List

The Banks iDash, which I have, has been discussed a few times here and some of those links are listed below. But this morning I called Banks because I was looking for the complete parameter listing for the 2019-2022 6.7s and the most recent one they have on their website is for the 2015! They...
  20. Will_T

Please explain this 6.7 oil question

I am not due for the first oil change yet but will get close to a year in 3 months or so and will be at probably only about 5,000 miles max. So future oil changes will likely occur once a year in March. I see the Ram call for 10W-30 in normal temps and 5W-40 in cold. But I have seen a few...