Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coolant Question

Will_T

Reaction score
My manual says to use "Mopar Antifreeze/Coolant 10 Year/150,000 mile". All the posts I read agree with this for the 6.7. However all those same posts describe that coolant as purple. Even the answered questions on the Amazon page selling the Mopar coolant say it is purple. The coolant in my truck is definitely not purple. It is bright pink as pink can be. Why would this be? Is the 10 year/150,000 mile coolant from the factory pink and the same bottled Mopar coolant purple? If I need to top off my coolant after doing the A/C fix valve install, I am uneasy about putting in purple coolant when the truck came with pink? Thanks for any advice/help.

Edit: I did find a couple of places, including Mopar.com, that say the correct coolant conforms to MS.90032. The coolant in the Amazon link is MS.12106. So that confuses things even further. Although several posts I read said that even though that Mopar coolant bottle does not say MS.90032, it is the correct one. But not having the number, and being purple instead of pink, makes me think it is not the correct one.

So simply put: Can anyone say for sure exactly what coolant I should use if I have to top mine off?

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Aslong as its OAT your good to go, i run TRP HD coolant as i can get it cheap from my local supplier at the big rig shop

Will_T

Reaction score
You definitely need to use OAT. Difference is, one is pre-diluted 50/50, and the other is concentrated.

Aslong as its OAT your good to go, i run TRP HD coolant as i can get it cheap from my local supplier at the big rig shop

Yes but none of the Mopar jugs say OAT on them anywhere unless I am blind to it for some reason. If you go to that Amazon link and look at the photo of the front and back of the jug, does it say OAK somewhere that I am missing?

Edit: I just looked more closely at the catalog Jimmy linked to and even though the photos are tough to see clearly, it looks like the 1 gallon jug of 50/50 on page 15 is the same as the Amazon jug: Part No. 68163849AB MS-12106

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yes but none of the Mopar jugs say OAT on them anywhere unless I am blind to it for some reason. If you go to that Amazon link and look at the photo of the front and back of the jug, does it say OAK somewhere that I am missing?
It may not say it or it may say organic acid technology. But thats irrelevant mopar has been using OAT since 2013 before that it was HOAT and if mixed can make a jelly like substance in the coolant… HOAT is typically green. OAT is usually orange, purple, red

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Ok, disregard that I mentioned OAT, as that is just common knowledge for the 10yr/150,000 mile mopar coolant.
If you are using mopar coolant in your truck, you would use one of these two:
295F93C8-60DC-4962-931C-806D8050648D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread