Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I stuck with this message?

Will_T

Reaction score
Free SXM Guardian has expired on my truck and I do not want it going forward. I get the following message repeatedly popping up on my screen. Is there any way to stop it? I would prefer not to call them and have to hassle about renewal, etc. as they are so obnoxious about it. When I renewed my XM radio, it took about 40 minutes and several layers of people before they gave me a deal I was OK with. I will have to go through that again when the radio expires so I would prefer not to have to deal with them on this. If I thought it was simple as calling them and saying I do not want to renew, I would. But nothing is simple with Sirius.

Sirius expire messsage.jpg

Will_T

Reaction score
I finally figured out that you can get this message to go away for 10 minutes or so if you tap the Remind or X 4 or 5 times in a row. But I caved anyway and called Sirius and they are as bad as ever. All they would do is try to get me to renew at their "lowest" deal "convenience" package of 12.99 per month, (normally $20.99). I might see this as being worth as much as $50.00 per year but certainly, to me at least, not worth their "deal" price of $156.00 per year. That package includes:

Automatic SOS+( Disclosure16)
SOS Call( Disclosure17)
Roadside Assistance Call( Disclosure18)
SiriusXM Guardian™ Assistance
Remote Vehicle Start( Disclosure8)
Remote Door Lock/Unlock
Family Drive Alerts( Disclosure19)
Plus more

I kept asking about turning off the expiration notice and she just ignored that and kept trying to get me to renew. Finally she let something slip that made me think this message that makes the screen almost unusable is controlled by Ram not Sirius. So I hung up and logged into my Mopar account and through the Sirius Guardian link there was able to disable all notifications. Hopefully this will prevent that message.

Reactions: CFE

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
I called and canceled my free trial subscription because I know it’s going to end up in endless offers for other deals I’m just not interested in. I was prepared. When he said, “now I just want to be sure, you don’t want any of our offers?” I just said - yes - please cancel everything now and please don’t come back to me later asking if I’m interested…

Some people love it. It’s not my thing…oh well!

Will_T

Reaction score
I just drove the truck and at least turning off ALL notifications through the Guardian link on the Mopar dashboard seems to have stopped the popup. I was thrown off because it was obviously a Sirius message, but it was being generated by Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread