Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. W

Went shopping for a HD truck finally....

I've been bugging guys on this forum, as well as the Ford forum, for years. Gathering information about HD trucks and thinking about what I want to buy with plans to keep it forever. Well, I *finally* made a decision and brought a truck home. It's a 2019 Ford F-250 Super Duty Supercrew 4x4...
  2. W

How many miles is too many?

A 2016 3500 MegaCab Laramie Cummins with 171k, very clean inside and out. Frame looks great. No rust anywhere I can find. Super nice truck minus the miles. Clean Carfax. They're asking mid $30k range for the truck. Should I pass?
  3. W

Curb weight base model 2500

Anybody here have a truly BASE model Ram 2500, crew cab 4x4 with Hemi engine? Have you ever weighed it to see where it tips the scales?
  4. W

Looking at a 2018

Looking at a 2018 model Tradesman 2500 with Cummins. 100,000 miles exactly on the odo. I drove the truck and the steering feels tight with no slop, brakes feel great, engine starts and runs great and seems to have good power compared to some used ones I’ve driven. Truck has typical dirty...
  5. W

What do y'all make of all these bent frames?

NOT trying to start a flame war. I'm just seriously wanting to know. I've seen several Ram 3500 trucks, some dually, with frames that are bent between the cab and bed around my neck of the woods. Obviously if you look around online there are Rams with bent frames from hauling pallets of...
  6. W

Bighorn or Tradesman Diesel Lease?

I realize it's not as common on HD trucks. But I just want to know if anybody here leases and what's the payment look like?
  7. W

2017 Tradesman Power Wagon?

For the 2017 model year, did the Ram 2500 Tradesman have a stand-alone Power Wagon package like it does now, or was it simply a single trim level back then? My dealer took a 2017 PW in on trade but they have no pictures of it yet. 75,000ish miles they say, asking low $30k money for it. I'm...
  8. W

Dually NOT for business?

Anybody here buy a dually just because you wanted it? Most guys who buy the dually option are working with them, or farming around here. But I was wondering if any of you bought one just for your daily truck? Is the dual rear wheel option as big of a headache as people say? There are a lot...
  9. W

2020 standard output - 986 lb/ft?

I just saw a video from Thoroughbred Diesel where they threw a stock 2500 truck on their dyno. It made 858 to the wheels. If I tack on 15% correction factor that's 986 at the crank. Is it common for these new Cummins engines to make that kind of power or did this guy have a freak of nature?