Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bighorn or Tradesman Diesel Lease?

WXman

Reaction score
I realize it's not as common on HD trucks. But I just want to know if anybody here leases and what's the payment look like?

kevin588127

Reaction score
I realize it's not as common on HD trucks. But I just want to know if anybody here leases and what's the payment look like?
I looked at it briefly but didn't really seem to be much incentive to do it. The only plus side was that I knew how much the truck would cost me for 4 years. If it turned out to be a lemon or my needs changed, I had an easy out. Payments were high too.

WXman

Reaction score
Yeah even at 72 months with a little money down, a "buy" is running about $1,100 per month. I was just wondering if lease payments look quite a bit better. A $700 or $800 lease payment would be a much better way to go for somebody not looking to keep for 15 years or work the truck hard in a business. But there just isn't much discussion on leasing these out there. I guess very few guys do it.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I guess the question to ask is if it is worth it for you to pay 9-10k per year to rent a truck. I was looking to lease and potentially buy it out. The deals I was seeing didn't really make it attractive to do. Basically pay less up front and if decided to buy it, pay off the remaining balance plus finance charges. If I decided to let it go back, I would lose a lot of equity.

Users who are viewing this thread