Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. U

Suggestion: Remove "number key" keyboard shortcut - navigation trigger

As a heavy tabbed browser user, I find myself jumping back and forth between tabs with some frequency. On a mac I use "CMD + #" to indicate which tab I want to view at any given time. Sadly, sometimes if I hit the keys too fast it won't register my "CMD" key, just the number key. Normally this...
  2. U

12" UC5 coming for the 2019+ guys

I was poking around as I'm prepping my "summer mods" list, getting everything prepped for a big collection of mods, and decided to poke around about the new UC5 to see if anyone has done the swap. Apparently infotainment has a kit that should be available in the next few days that I found by...
  3. U

Emissions equipment on diesel trucks. A deeper discussion on the pros, cons, and science behind it

I brought this post over from another thread to try and allow that topic to have more focus and instead give us that wanted to discuss diesel emissions, and others who may not be aware of the conversation, ample space to do so. And also to make @Brutal_HO 's job easier, maybe. I agree that the...
  4. U

Change map lights to red LEDs

Hey everyone, before I go out and strip my trucks overhead console to see if I can swap the LEDs I figured I'd ask here. I have the fancy "premium" overhead console found in the Laramie and up trucks. They have a different map light design than the lower trim trucks. I'm guessing they are solid...
  5. U

Porpoising, sway, coil vs lead, airbags, TT vs 5er, and more!

Hey all, I recently took a trip from NH to MT and back over 3 weeks in July. The towing experience was fine, although less than ideal. I wanted to share my current setup and ask for some feedback from this group before I continue spending money on mods in an effort to rectify the...
  6. U

New ZF trans for 2023?

Ok, I'm 100% aware that I'm reaching here a bit but hear me out. A few days ago there was a post about a 2023 HD being caught in the wild without camo (link). The only part that was "camo" was that they wrapped the Cummins badges, odd… That got me thinking, I recall seeing a post from back in...
  7. U

AEV suspension discussion thread

After many conversations in numerous other threads I figured this topic was worthy of it's own thread. [ Request ] I know that topics of one persons favorite or most hated brand can often become heated, and furthermore people will believe that because Company A does X well they must also do Y...
  8. U

Rather complex on-board air system (help, feedback, ideas, etc.)

Hey all, I'm looking to add onboard air to my truck in preparation of a cross country trip this July. I'm running a full Thuren build and while I love the soft springs, I'd like to level our the truck for the longer haul and so since I'll be adding bags I'm thinking it's a good time to build...
  9. U

4th gen drop in turbo on 5th gen

I sorta assume no one will have anything to share here since the performance side of this forum is quiet, but I'll ask. Has anyone tried swapping their OEM turbo with a stealth 64, fleece cheeta, etc.? I know the manifold is different on the 5th gens, and the compressor side is slightly...
  10. U

Remove, disable, render inoperable all telematics and other data sending signals

I'm looking to see if anyone has access to whatever schematics for removing any and all features that "call home" or send data out about my vehicle, including and up to the GPS in the truck. I've seen a few members post images of wire bundles and routing of the vehicle, so I'm curious if this...
  11. U

Links need to be a different color than the paragraph text

It's confusing that links don't get a different color or at the minimum an underline so they are possible to tell apart from the standard text. This applies to both themes. It would be great if the team could change the style so that links display better by default, I've got to imagine this is...
  12. U

2500 vs 3500 axles

I'm curious about the difference between the 2500 and 3500 axles. I looked at the spec sheets and saw that the GAWR for the rears seem to either be listed as 6k or 7k depending on if it's a 2500 or 3500. I know previously that the GAWR included the full suspension and brake system. I'm not sure...
  13. U

How do people feel about the new AEV bumpers?

I saw the blogpost (https://www.hdrams.com/off-road-ready-the-2021-ram-2500-3500-aev-prospector/) about the new AEV grille guard bumper and new rear. It's the first time I've seen them on a truck without 40s and the flares. I am not sure how I feel about them yet, thought it may be a fun...
  14. U

Where to find TT/5er reviews

So I've been looking to pull the trigger on a TT or 5er for the past year and a half, but Covid prices have kept me from digging in real deep. Now that the world is returning to normal, and prices are slowly creeping back towards sanity, I've wanted to nail down a few options, new and/or used...
  15. U

Looking for feedback on first 5th wheel setup for CCSB 2500

Hey all, I poked around on a few of the threads on this forum, other forums and some youtube videos. I think I've got a decent setup planned but looking for feedback. Long story short looking into buying my first travel trailer this year. Initially was looking at a bumper pull but after reading...
  16. U

Dealer Review (warning): First CJDR

I wrote this to help others that may be looking at buying a new Ram and visit these forums prior to purchase. I let some time pass since purchasing so that I can write this with a more clear head and also to choose my words carefully so as to not misrepresent myself or First CJDR. Warning, this...
  17. U

Fox 2.0 vs King 2.5 and corrosion resistance

Posted this on cumminsforum, posting here as well as I think it may get more traction. Hope this isn't a faux pas. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a suspension setup for my 2019 2500 CTD. I'm now at the point where I need to decide on a shock and have a few question about corrosion...
  18. U

How do I find OEM parts for blacking out my truck?

As the title states I'm trying to black out my truck, I know CJC and a few others have done it but with so many different models not everything is 1:1 and at least so far I've not found out how I can go about this. I'm trying to find the grille for the night package with the front cam mount but...
  19. U

Blackened Build

Figured I'd start a build page for what will likely be the longest and most expensive build I've ever done. This truck is my daily driver so it will be used for commuting to work, weekend trips to home depot, hunting rig, and a handful of times a year as a tow rig for longer distance glamping...
  20. U

Shorter door lock pins

So I'll start out with the fact that I've not even pulled the door panel to look yet as I'm avoiding doing anything to the truck until tomorrow, when I finally get the truck titled in my name from the dealer (long story, I'll prob have a write up). That said, I have driven it a bit and the one...